Am I doing this right?

I'm very new to the game and I haven't yet gained enough experience to understand the synergies of team-building and character development. I enjoy playing the standard story campaign and have a light side team I'd like feedback on.

Princess Leia 6*
Chewbacca (Leader) 4*
Luminara 3*
Kit Fisto 5*
Aayla 4*

Is this a good team? Is there an obvious character(s) to replace? If so, with whom? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Replies

• bleeaauuh
    1006 posts Member
    Options
    It's abit messy. Are you planing on spending a lot of money or staying relatively f2p.
    Bc leia kit and Aayla are expensive characters and if you can't get them to 7* then there's no point
  • Options
    It's a good start, but you won't be using Chewbacca for very long. Also Kit and Aayla aren't farmable so for light side JC and Luminara are God sends. I'd invest in ST Han as your future tank. Princess Leia isn't farmable BUT you obviously had some good luck with Chromium so keep her, she's a pain to fight against. Also some good light side toons to focus on are Fives, QGJ, and Ahsoka. You'll want them to get Yoda anyways, Barriss is pretty valuable for GW, i didn't get her until lvl 70 and wish I had earlier.
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    starting off with a 6* Leia is lucky indeed, keep her maxed. At max gear, going from 6* to 7* only gains her 1,000 HP (along with other stuff obviously, but IMO her HP is the only thing really gained). Certainly a needed boost to her low HP, but I'd say she's totally usable in Arena up until at lest rank 50 or so.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    I'm very new to the game and I haven't yet gained enough experience to understand the synergies of team-building and character development. I enjoy playing the standard story campaign and have a light side team I'd like feedback on.

Princess Leia 6*
    Chewbacca (Leader) 4*
    Luminara 3*
    Kit Fisto 5*
    Aayla 4*

Is this a good team? Is there an obvious character(s) to replace? If so, with whom? Any feedback would be appreciated.

There are a ton of helpful guides in the guides section of the forum.

That being said, it's an okay team. Most anything against the AI works with proper gear/levels.

I would highly suggest farming 5's, ST Han, Bariss as those three can net you tons of hp, turn meter, and raw healing power. Leia is pretty good too, and if you farm Rey or QGJ you'll have a lot more damage.
  • Options
    Toukai wrote: »

Princess Leia 6*
    Chewbacca (Leader) 4*
    Luminara 3*
    Kit Fisto 5*
    Aayla 4*

That being said, it's an okay team. Most anything against the AI works with proper gear/levels.

I would highly suggest farming 5's, ST Han, Bariss as those three can net you tons of hp, turn meter, and raw healing power. Leia is pretty good too, and if you farm Rey or QGJ you'll have a lot more damage.

Who would 5's, ST Han, Rey or QGJ replace? Everyone except Leia? I've seen things comparing Han and Chewie, but I can't really see why Han is better. What do you think makes him better? I have a 4* Rey, and could replace anyone with her right away. Who would you replace?

Thanks to you and everyone for your feedback.
  • Options
    At higher levels, Chewie is just GW cannon fodder. ST Han is viable in arena.
    Empire Relic
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options

Princess Leia 6*
    Chewbacca (Leader) 4*
    Luminara 3*
    Kit Fisto 5*
    Aayla 4*

Who would 5's, ST Han, Rey or QGJ replace? Everyone except Leia? I've seen things comparing Han and Chewie, but I can't really see why Han is better. What do you think makes him better? I have a 4* Rey, and could replace anyone with her right away. Who would you replace?

Bariss (Leader) - All units get HP increase and heal for about 1.3k (decently geared bariss) per their individual turns.
    ST Han - replace chewwy.
    Luminara
    5's
    QGJ

both 5's and QGJ surpass Aayla and Kit Fisto in damage. 5s has way more survivability, and QGJ is just all around usefull at everything he does.
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Depends on what it's for: arena? Light side battles? GW?

Alol of your toons up there are useful in one or more of those forums.

I would not be so quick to dismiss Leia at 6*. Get her geared up and she'll serve you well for a long time.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi2407 wrote: »
    Depends on what it's for: arena? Light side battles? GW?

Alol of your toons up there are useful in one or more of those forums.

I would not be so quick to dismiss Leia at 6*. Get her geared up and she'll serve you well for a long time.

@Jedi2407
    I am not dismissing her. The other toons are just farmable without money.

By all means, still use Leia. If I swapped anyone it might be QGJ with Leia on LS battles (which is what OP stated he wanted help with). Leia might actually be better, actually, due to her buffs.
  • Options

Princess Leia 6*
    Chewbacca (Leader) 4*
    Luminara 3*
    Kit Fisto 5*
    Aayla 4*

Bariss (Leader) - All units get HP increase and heal for about 1.3k (decently geared bariss) per their individual turns.
    ST Han - replace chewwy.
    Luminara
    5's
    QGJ

both 5's and QGJ surpass Aayla and Kit Fisto in damage. 5s has way more survivability, and QGJ is just all around usefull at everything he does.

I never thought of using Barris AND Luminara. They seem so similar to me, but double the healing can't be a bad thing as long as I'm not sacrificing too much offense to get it.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Princess Leia 6*
    Chewbacca (Leader) 4*
    Luminara 3*
    Kit Fisto 5*
    Aayla 4*

ST Han - replace chewwy.
    Luminara
    5's
    QGJ

I never thought of using Barris AND Luminara. They seem so similar to me, but double the healing can't be a bad thing as long as I'm not sacrificing too much offense to get it.

@origamiswami
    Yea, I run Bariss (bonus hp and passive healing is amazing), Lumi, 5s, QGJ, Rey.

Rey and QGJ bring a ton of damage, lumi his middle ground (great burst, moderate damage) and 5s is... well... 5s...

Bariss and Lumi are both there as an "OH SHIIIIII" button if one is on CD and the other is not, or if one's turn comes up before another so the AI doesnt chain gang one character with bad RNG.
  • Woofy_MC
    219 posts Member
    Options
    For your level its very strong, but are you a f2p player or p2w? Ayla, Kit and Leia are Chromium Exclusive and very hard to farm as already mentioned. :neutral: An Easier to farm alternative would be: Lumi (just level her to 7* with GW), ST Han, Qui Gon, Rey. I would keep Leia and replace the rets since you already have her to 6* which is nice.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options

ST Han has a longer taunt that Chewie and whenever he's attacked while taunt is active, he helps your team to take more actions (Turn Meter/TM). Chewie is really nice at lower levels but gets outpaced later on.

Switch Lumi to leader instead of Chewie/Han for the Evasion and the per turn health boost.

When you have Rey geared up, she can replace either Kit or Aayla for upfront damage.

You have a really good start, take some time in GW and swap members in and out and into leader position to see how they effect the battle. In GW, you can retreat as long as you don't let everyone get killed first and you will still have your full roster.
  • CountTucu
    62 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    That 6 stars Leia is huge man, try to get the remaining shards from the shop when you get some crystals. Keep working on Rey. Leia and Rey are the best damage dealers in the game, so having them is a great start.

Work on Lumi too, she will help you in arena at low levels and in GW at all levels (I use her as lead for my GW team). Don't farm anyone else than Lumi in GW shipments until you get her to 7 stars.

Stormtrooper Han is one of the best tanks right now (can be farmed in squad arena shipments), along with Royal Guard, but RG is way more difficult to farm.

In cantina nodes you could go for Old Ben, to replace Luminara someday. In cantina shipments go for Qui Gon Jin, because he is an extremely useful character: he has an assist attack (with extra damage from the second attack), he has a dispel you can use on tanks when they taunt and in adition you get offense up for your hole team, and last but not least, at higher levels he has turn meter reduction in his basic attack.

Thats about it for an arena team. You may need some other characters to help in light/dark side battles and in Galactic War, but that is another topic.

Hope it helps.