Why so little official responses?

Order_67
111 posts Member
Most of us get very frustrated with the lack of response to issues and this goes beyond what happened here just recently in game.

This is the official game forum and yet it seems almost every issue gets ignored as if nothing had happened. This has been brought up before but I thought it well to create a thread for this to let the official channel know how very frustrating it is to have a player base almost completely ignored.

I don't expect much of a response... Unfortunately just like almost every other issue brought up here.

Replies

• Options
    Still waiting to here about precrafting, the over nerfed characters, overpriced bundles, guild rewards, credit crunch etc...

They do realize without proper or even ADEQUATE customer service, a business can not succeed?
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    This is one of the most toxic forums and you can scroll through hundreds of hate and emotion non fact arguements veiled in some form of injustice

The developers get no credit when hey do and if you see how people bashed on notajedi , it's worthless exercise as they gain little and lose more

The answer to your question is

We just can't have nice things
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    Seems like a million dollar structure and top 10 in android and iOS for 8mths

For a mobile game this is already a massive earth shattering success even if they closed down the servers right this minute
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Options
    Vampire_X wrote: »
    Seems like a million dollar structure and top 10 in android and iOS for 8mths

For a mobile game this is already a massive earth shattering success even if they closed down the servers right this minute

Yup, so don't expect anything substantial to change.

You have to wonder how much of that success is due to its (admittedly fantastic) use of the license, as compared to the actual gameplay. But either way, it's a definite smash.
  • Nate_Puppy
    88 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Vampire_X wrote: »
    This is one of the most toxic forums and you can scroll through hundreds of hate and emotion non fact arguements veiled in some form of injustice

The developers get no credit when hey do and if you see how people bashed on notajedi , it's worthless exercise as they gain little and lose more

The answer to your question is

We just can't have nice things

That's absurd. It's the developers obligation to at least communicate with their players. There are SO many things that we recieved no answer, or the answer we did get was unclear.

PLAYERS can refuse to post because of the tone on the boards sometimes, dev's can't. That's one of the things they're paid to do - communicate with us.

• Options
    The forum is toxic directly due to the company providing the product. Don't make excuses for them. While notajedi did post (and it was nice to see), he basically gave a big effu to those who opposed his position. You certainly can't keep everyone happy all the time. This company keeps one guild happy all the time-that's it. Notajedi would have been better served to simply state the company's position briefly and leave it at that. Let the community voice their opinion after and let the chips fall where they may. They either never comment or respond or tell everyone where to go and how to get there. There is a simple solution though-request shmeefunds from schmapple and schmoogle and let them know why. Maybe schmee a will get the point.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Official responses are almost always few and far apart on any forum. The more official folks post in threads, the more they're expected to post in them. So when they don't, it's even more pronounced. I'm obviously not even a mod--let alone an employee--but I can still practically guarantee there's a hidden section somewhere, or maybe folks are doing it through Slack these days, where all this stuff gets talked over amongst themselves.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Absolutely shameful how they dump real problems into a "mega thread" then don't respond at all to them. It's just a way to tidy up their forums where they don't have to deal with real issues to the their game. Very unprofessional. The dodge mega-ignor-thread is 56 pages long! Seriously.
    No response at all after 56 pages? Wow
    Use the force Luke.... and get rid of that stupid musket.
  • Options
    There is no customer suport. Just EA waveing a big middle finger in our faces...
    All the complaints I have made for various have been auto-closed....all of them.... over 5....
    If I am giving money for this treatment it is my fault...
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    C'mon EA talk to us. You could certainly calm the situations down with a general post covering the most talked about issues - it would go along way to develop trust in you from your community again.
  • Options
    Traditionally EA isn't very vocal. In fact I'm surprised this forum is still running to be honest.