50 dollars, what to buy?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Haha! okay.

I started farming GS... I did 10 battles in a row and did not get a shard. I put GS on my team and I have gotten shards almost every battle. I assume this is just coincidence and the drops are completely RNG?
  • Options
    Gear gear gear! And focus on one squad til you max them out. You'll be able to compete at a higher level and get more rewards to level everyone else up faster than if you tried leveling 10 4* toons at once
  • wrilley
    390 posts Member
    Options
    lovecheese wrote: »
    Haha! okay.

I started farming GS... I did 10 battles in a row and did not get a shard. I put GS on my team and I have gotten shards almost every battle. I assume this is just coincidence and the drops are completely RNG?

Totally RNG. I hate it when I get nothing, but then sometimes you get a hot streak, so it evens out. Law of large numbers 'n' stuff.
  • Options
    wrilley wrote: »
    Haha! okay.

Totally RNG. I hate it when I get nothing, but then sometimes you get a hot streak, so it evens out. Law of large numbers 'n' stuff.

I thought so! I just got mad lucky with the streak then lol
  • Raven
    113 posts Member
    Options
    The game has many flaws, but overall it is actually quite decent imho.. great if you can support it..

As many have said, spend it on crystal rather than pack.. then decide for the crystals what to do @lovecheese ..

Energy refreshes, or even hard nodes refresh for a specific character you loved.. Be it ewoks, Rey, FOTP, or others! May the rngsus be ever in your favor!

GLHF!

*i see that you've been here at least since 21st May, but @BentWookiee has yet to welcome you here, eh? how rude of him.. :D
  • Options
    I would suggest that you buy flowers for your girlfriend you don't have to spend money to do well in this game.
  • wrilley
    390 posts Member
    Options
    I would suggest that you buy flowers for your girlfriend you don't have to spend money to do well in this game.

Have you priced flowers? Florists make EA look charitable. :D
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    Unless you are going to add a couple grand to that fifty (and I'm not kidding), just doing energy refreshes of 50/50/100/100/100 and 100/200 is the WTG.... levels and gears your toons and helps u to compete in arena.

Also spending a 50 crystal refresh on arena to help advance towards the top can be helfpul too.
  • Options

Thanks for the money tip... but as an active duty E6... I own 2 houses, one of which, is completely paid for and rented out and I own both my vehicles. I have zero credit card debt and more than enough money in the bank to spend 50 dollars on a video game.

My money, my choice.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options

Thanks for the money tip... but as an active duty E6... I own 2 houses, one of which, is completely paid for and rented out and I own both my vehicles. I have zero credit card debt and more than enough money in the bank to spend 50 dollars on a video game.

My money, my choice.

I love it. My Money My choice lol. Op go for it. You should put in few thousand. I heard this team is pretty good in arena Rex, Leia, Rey, RG, Sun Fac. Just few grand if you want to own this team.

Go big or go home.
  • Luke6108
    370 posts Member
    Options

My money, my choice.

Spending crystals for refresher is a must, or a pre-requisite to progress. Even if, for example, you spend 1-2 k to open the packs and got 7 star Leia, Echo, Sun Fac, Rex. You still need to do a lot of energy refresher to farm the gears and get the training droids. You still need to refresh cantina to get shards, credits, training driods and ability mats. You still need to complete GW and challengers to get gears and credits. This game requires patience and consistent daily effort.
    It is a must to refresh energy, normal 50/50 and cantina 100 is minimum. Buying data cards is a good addition to that, but everyone who buy data cards also need to refresh energy.
    Unless you want to buy training driods credit packs directly and buy gears from shipments, which is very costly, you still need to refresh energy. BTW if you do that you will be short of a lot of MK1/Mk2 mats, which only comes slowly from cantina battles.
  • Options
    Don't buy anything. Just guild hop. You will have $50 in credits and gear I less then a week! Wow!
  • Options
    I don't want to guild hop. I'm in a guild with some RL friends. I'll just do the refreshing part as that seems the most logical.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Sarryen wrote: »
    Nope - anyone at higher levels will tell you the only sensible thing to do with those crystals is to save them for gear and shard farming. Not as exciting as opening packs but much better in the long run.

This! And along the way all those extra energy refreshes will earn you more exp than others on your server and give you an advantage. First one to level 80 is the first to earn omega materials. First to level 72 is first to earn more gear/mats from challenges. Higher level puts you on an advantage in the arena....you get the picture.
  • Zephon
    122 posts Member
    Options
    Ever thought of getting the 21-day crystal pack? I guarantees 100 crystals per day, for 21 days, regardless of rank, level or whatever. I manage to get sub-100 rank so that's basically 200 crystals per day for me at the least.

• Ceberus
    148 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Best from. Chromium you can have is Daka, i've spend about 400$ and bought 4 mega Packs, and i only don't regret it because I got Old Daka. Saved me of 10 days of farming her. And about 25 qui shards, have a 2* Leia who I don't will use till she is Farm able. Good luck to get Daka wegen you buy the Packs.