Must I jump on the current meta band-wagon?

HunterXJD
252 posts Member
edited May 2016
Or is there still hope for my unique squad. Currently I hold down top 50 usually but have never finished higher than that. But I fear that if I start farming the current top toons the meta may shift anyway.

Must I jump on the current meta band-wagon? 83 votes

Keep up with the meta or you'll never amount to anything
25%
GenakumaCharlesbusaTakkozakjanosvincentlondonottomadduxArijitSalgado9President_ScroobGiodude2000JensxnChefHazeZemynfesrekLeandrovvModeratusImperialisboeezGoosydrob77777Jereck 21 votes
In time your squad may shine as the new meta
32%
Zeeb05benacrowMofojokers1992OwexBaillLazerriftPetrozzaJedi_DaveSikholuisginStormTro0p3R_HGonzalo1495Ego12DraconistRRReyDarth_NihilusDaptoDogTocinoelcerdoCeberusAycee1Mp44Dahis 27 votes
I like peanut butter!
42%
scubacosmicturtle333IvoB1987StarSonMBL_66LordStylingCasual_PlayerSmithieDarth_ReyRAYRAYcuyler41CookieCrisppgiggsyRobertHunterXJDAshishinJbizzyGMarkatonaaerendhilAlwaysABigerFish 35 votes

Replies

• Options
    I like peanut butter!
    I don't see how you could not go peanut butter here..
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    One unique squad? Dont you have at least two squads u are working on?

Make one the meta. By the time uou get there the meta might change twice and be back to where it started.
  • Ronon_Dex
    197 posts Member
    Options
    What team are you using for arena?
  • ChefHaze
    628 posts Member
    Options
    Wait, I like peanut butter!
  • HunterXJD
    252 posts Member
    Options
    I like peanut butter!
    Of course I have a lot of high level toons but while my main squad sits at 35k power I have a hard time holding down top 50 sometimes.
  • HunterXJD
    252 posts Member
    Options
    I like peanut butter!
    @Ronon_Dex Currently QGJ lead, Lumi, Fives, 86, and Tusken.
  • Options
    I brought back FOTP.

My build in a couple days will be different. I like to change it up a lot.
  • Options
    Just leave Phasma as your lead over night. Your team doesn't seem bad at all to me but QGJ is bad on defense.
  • HunterXJD
    252 posts Member
    Options
    I like peanut butter!
    I previously ran Phasma lead and no Tusken but rank dropped more than it is atm.
  • saboater
    111 posts Member
    Options
    HunterXJD wrote: »
    @Ronon_Dex Currently QGJ lead, Lumi, Fives, 86, and Tusken.

Im not sure this mixed bag will become meta--they seem to be pushing synergies. They just havent wuite got there, yet.
  • Ronon_Dex
    197 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @HunterXJD Perhaps put Lumi at lead instead of QGJ; on defense, the dodging can get really crazy!
    Also, do you have Rey? Assuming you want to keep the Tusken in there, and if you have Rey, swap her in for Fives (Lumi (L), QGJ, Rey, 86, Tusken).
    Also may wanna try swapping out Lumi at lead position for Phasma as I've noticed her to be great for defense, so: Phasma (L), QGJ, Rey, 86, TR is another option (and perhaps, the better option).
    P.S. Sorry for including one of the most abused toons in the game in these suggestions LOL. Props for using the Tusken tho!

Whoops, and to answer your question, no, you musn't follow meta to be a factor in arena. Got a couple guys on my server running Lando teams and maintaining top 20 (usually) overnight.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    I like peanut butter!
    What is the meta in your opinion?
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    I like peanut butter!
    I would not chase the meta. I did that recently with fives and we all know how that turned out. Next will be Rey. I'd say focus on synergy and hope they fix them
  • saboater
    111 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Meta is not a single character. It was DPS,
    Now its tank/dodge
  • saboater
    111 posts Member
    Options
    And if you want to be cynical--meta is pre-crafted gears.
  • HunterXJD
    252 posts Member
    Options
    I like peanut butter!
    Meta is shifting again as gear level goes up and protection increases. Are you saying that Fives is no longer op?
  • Options
    I like peanut butter!
    Peanut butter. (Drops the mic)
  • Ashishin
    160 posts Member
    Options
    I like peanut butter!
    Don't chase meta!

Unless you can throw tons of cash at this game. By the time your * meta out, gear to g10/11, Meta will change.
    Play the characters you want. IMO the demand from players is synergies and the Devs will eventually go in that direction.

-Ashishin

Much butt hurt I sense in you, this is why you fail...
  • HunterXJD
    252 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I like peanut butter!
    I think survivability is going to be the meta more. I'd be curious to see an OB, Fives, Tusken, Bariss, and Vader team.
  • Options
    I like peanut butter!
    just run whatever team looks fun to play! i went with droids and am always happy with them!
  • Options
    You can run a fun team at first, just make sure your last team, team defense, is Meta.

You can win with a variety, but there are few good AI controlled teams
  • B00MSTICK
    107 posts Member
    Options
    Ok, maybe not your whole squad. But it's a cool thing when a toon you invested in just because you liked it suddenly becomes an overnight rockstar.

That's what I heard anyway. Haven't had it happen to me yet...
  • Options
    Is there a one true meta anyways? Even the future super squad of Droids and Jawa Engi have a really hard counter it would seem in Rex and his buddies.
  • HunterXJD
    252 posts Member
    Options
    I like peanut butter!
    Yeah despite their attempts to balance things the handful of op characters will eventually be discovered.
    The only way to really push synergies is to make abilities much more pointed and more team specific. For example, what if phasma granted First Order allies 75% chance to call an assist? But then a resistance character grants dodging assist attacks but only to Resistance.
    Anyway, synergy is still way underplayed.
  • aerendhil
    503 posts Member
    Options
    I like peanut butter!
    actually, no, I HATE peanut butter.
    I choose the Red Pill.