General Grievous

Prev1
Ok so I just crunch some numbers thinking I might go after grevious I knew it would be like spending 500 on a pen but I was interested and I don't think I got my numbers right. So i am asking for help history was my subject hated math, but I think it goes like this.1. Apply credits to maxed out characters 2.those shards go to shard shop 3.shards are converted from 5 character credits to 75 blue octogon credits (l didn't count the sides so please don't hold me to that.)4.you take any of the price tags on grevious and divide by 75? 5. Then you take the min price to get the Gen and divide that by the answer in step 4. ? **** HOW MUCH DOES THIS DUDE COST I'M ABOUT TO STOP B PLAYING THIS GAME. Lol just kidding I'm to invested ugh addick Ted but for real what kind of con is this why is it so hard these games are originally built as time killers they should be fast n east there is nothing I shouldn't b able to figure out before my number 1 is made n ready at fat burger.
-FightinPhantom 303rd/720th Mile High City
191568986 Ally Code
Phightin.Phantom@gmail.com

Replies

• aerendhil
    503 posts Member
    Options
    say what ?
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • Options
    What does Gen. Grevious cost once u calculate all the static? It's hard to even ask the question unless your being very general. So what does he cost? In shards that u have left over from maxed characters? I can figure it in that blue currency that is only used in the shard shop
    191568986 Ally Code
  • Pindasauskanon
    1803 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Every 15 excess shards you exchange is 1 GG shard. :s

• Options
    But what does he cost in the real money we turn into fake gems to buy the c.g. Grievous?
    191568986 Ally Code
  • Options
    eh you can only buy him with excess shards. So the amount of real money may vary, depending on how many 7* you already got and chromium luck.
  • Options
    The figure you seem to be looking for, is to get him to 7 stars, you would need 5,250 excess shards from other 7 star characters. Personally I could pull an average of probably 30 excess shards a day, so it would take me 5-6 months.
    (You can trust my maths, I'm a physics undergrad.)
  • Options
    Thank u. Pindasauskanon
    191568986 Ally Code
  • Options
    Let's say you buy an 8-pack chromium and you get 75 excess shards (I think this is realistic) from it. They will convert into 5 grievous shards. So let's say 20 dollars get you 5 grievous shards
  • Options
    So the minimum to get him is 80 shards so... hold on
    191568986 Ally Code
  • Stuwart
    137 posts Member
    Options
    It looks like you'd need 74,250 shard shop currency. I want to say that if you were a hardcore whale you can get around or above 1,000 currency per chromium. So it looks like Grevious would cost you over $1,000 alone assuming you had pretty much every character 7*
  • Options
    And you can of course convert all your gw, arena and cantina shards into grievous shards. Just like @GS_Hazza said. That's 30 excess shards each day equals 2 grievous shards.
  • Options
    SO 15 excess =1 so 15×80=1200 excess I have to b screwing this up?
    191568986 Ally Code
  • GS_Hazza
    27 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    1200 shards from excess characters to just unlock him at 4 stars.
    And I don't have him personally - I did these calculations a couple of weeks ago to see if it was worth farming him - but if you do the research to find out whether grievous is worth all this hard work, the answer is a resounding no. He's barely worth the usual 350 shards, definitely not worth 15 times the amount.
  • Options
    80÷15
    191568986 Ally Code
  • Options
    SO 15 excess =1 so 15×80=1200 excess I have to b screwing this up?

This is correct. If you spend this you'll unlock him at 4*
  • Options
    Just FYI I didnt really mean us currency I just meant how many purple crystals does he cost at minimum? Is the answer 1200 I feel dumb as ****.
    191568986 Ally Code
  • Pindasauskanon
    1803 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    No need to feel dumb. It would be give or take 32000 crystals. Assuming you'll get 75 excess shards per 8-pack. And this is just to unlock him at 4*
  • Options
    No 1200 excess shards. Cannot really convert to purple crystals, wholly depends on how many 7* characters you already have and how *lucky* you are with chromium packs.
  • Options
    No need to feel dumb. It would be give or take 32000 crystals. Assuming you'll get 75 excess shards per 8-pack. And this is just to unlock him at 4*

^ Yeah that's a good estimate.
  • RMF
    48 posts Member
    Options
    1 GG shard = 225 Shard Shop Currency
    225 Shard Shop Currency = 15 excess shards

7* GG = 74250 Shard Shop Currency
    74250 Shard Shop Currency = 4950 excess shards

As competitive F2P you can convert 30 excess shards a day with 1 x Cantina 100 Crystal Refresh (assuming you have 1 7* toon in each area of the game):

3 x GW Tokens (15 shards)
    2 x Arena Tokens (10 shards)
    1 x Cantina Tokens (5 shards)

30/4950 = 165 days of converting 30 excess shards

So as an F2P player, you can realistically expect it to take 6 months to get a 7* GG spending 100 crystals a day, which you get from dailies, GW and Arena.

I for one, will not be doing this.
  • Options
    RMF wrote: »
    1 GG shard = 225 Shard Shop Currency
    225 Shard Shop Currency = 15 excess shards

7* GG = 74250 Shard Shop Currency
    74250 Shard Shop Currency = 4950 excess shards

As competitive F2P you can convert 30 excess shards a day with 1 x Cantina 100 Crystal Refresh (assuming you have 1 7* toon in each area of the game):

3 x GW Tokens (15 shards)
    2 x Arena Tokens (10 shards)
    1 x Cantina Tokens (5 shards)

30/4950 = 165 days of converting 30 excess shards

So as an F2P player, you can realistically expect it to take 6 months to get a 7* GG spending 100 crystals a day, which you get from dailies, GW and Arena.

I for one, will not be doing this.

I should have showed my working - this is correct, my 5,250 was based on 350 shards required for 7* but it's 330 - must have grabbed that figure out of thin air, whoops!
  • Options
    Thank you GS_Hazza & Pindasauskanon I am glad I didn't g o down that rabbit hole I'm not a wale more like a mid size tuna or barracuda I like that better I spend about 100 to 120 a month it's my game budget ea mo so I don't buy crap for pc or Ps4, Xbox etc but I have a f2p acct and to b honest I am seeing success faster I think the server has less big fish and it's not as old my paid acct started in Dec I think and those are some of the harder servers anyways that's what I'm told. I have all but 14 players maybe 16 now in the beginning I was collecting players instead of trying to win it's my first serious mobile so I pop my cherry with this o E sk I made a lot of mistakes I should be fighting in the top 20 instead I struggle to get in the top 300 but I will fix that.
    191568986 Ally Code
  • Options
    If you've got that kind of money to throw around and that many characters you've got a lot of choices for a quality arena team - who are you running with atm?
  • Options
    I'm going to slow farm him with only cantina just to have him( my favorite villain) wish me luck
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • thee_pdx
    302 posts Member
    Options
    someone posted a week or two ago about getting GG ftp.
  • Apollya
    99 posts Member
    Options
    I love how people type maths expecting all to follow their logic.
    330 GG shards (7* GG): 11*30 Shards *(6750/30 Shards) = 74250 Shard Shop Currency
    Every Excess Character Shard is 15 Shard Shop Currency: 74250/15= 4950 Excess Character Shards needed.
  • RMF
    48 posts Member
    Options
    Apollya wrote: »
    330 GG shards (7* GG): 11*30 Shards *(6750/30 Shards) = 74250 Shard Shop Currency
    Every Excess Character Shard is 15 Shard Shop Currency: 74250/15= 4950 Excess Character Shards needed.

I love how you've typed this and then proceeded to type your own maths! Unless I've missed the irony here?
  • Options
    Apollya wrote: »

You just came up with exactly the same answer as the guy two posts above you. Well done :p
  • bleeaauuh
    1006 posts Member
    Options
    You can't put a price on GG, he can be Compleltly free depending on if you want to slowly grind him by exchanging shipments firm maxed characters. This is how I farmed 70% of GG to 7*.

If you want him right now from chroms is generally going to cost you thousands depending on how much 7* you have
  • Jaden
    162 posts Member
    Options
    So where did I go wrong then because I believe if you beat a GW you get a total of 1200 shards. So lumi and phasma are both 7 star so I just buy their shards which equal 225 shard shop currency. Then I use my squad rewards to buy sidious which adds another 75 shop currency which comes out to a grand total of 300 shard shop currency per day. You need a total of 80 gg shards to unlock. 80 of his shards cost 18000 currency. Divide 18000 by 300 and it equals 60. So 60 days to unlock.