Why is Sid so bad?

Woofy_MC
219 posts Member
My sid is currently level 70 with nearly IX Gear and 7*, so around 5200 Power. I still use him as a leader, but his damage is insanely low! He deals 2500 dmg on normal hits without crit and is very squishy. All my Attackers can easily outdamage him. Is it still useful to keep him? Is he getting nerfed with every patch? I know he used to be much more awesome, but now I feel like playing with Jedi Guardian...lel

Replies

• Options
    He is curse by one whose name should not be taken.
  • Options
    No, sidious stops being viable at around level 70. He has low damage, 0 potency, low hp. Stop wasting resources on him
  • Lattimer
    31 posts Member
    Options
    CountTucu wrote: »
    No, sidious stops being viable at around level 70. He has low damage, 0 potency, low hp. Stop wasting resources on him

This. The potency thing is a killer. Kill. Er.
  • Options
    Him and Yoda should be like a clash of Titans. I think Yoda greatly outclasses him in this game though.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    His low damage is supposed to be balanced against the fact that he can take many turns quickly if you kill enemies. The problem is, if you're killing enemies, you don't need extra turns, because you're already winning.

The aoe would be good if he could land a dot. Plus every team runs a counter attacker.
  • K_G0sling
    839 posts Member
    Options
    Just to notate, I fought a 7* level X Sidious with his basic and AOE Omega'd in the arena. I gotta say, it had me thinking twice again if I wanted to pick Sid back up. From my perspective on fighting him this way, there's a massive difference in health and damage after you put a little more in. I don't know the numbers, but he was making me pretty upset with extra DOTs and his health-blocking, not to mention, a drastically larger healthline.
  • Options
    That's AI Sid who seems to be invulnerable to Potency math, not player Sid who can't land jack
  • Options
    He is an ok toon. People do not like him because the damage range of attacks is not high enough. Most who complain on him are still trying to play the game the old way.

That said the higher potency he is the better his specials land
  • Options
    He was THE best toon couple of months ago when we were young, not he's not even good as Magmatrooper :neutral:
  • Options
    He was THE best toon couple of months ago when we were young, not he's not even good as Magmatrooper :neutral:

true. he stopped being useful after level 60 because his health and damage didn't scale very well after the update. what's funny is that the nerf callers were dotting on him back then with the usual dumb argument - "he's found in every single top 20 team so he should be nerfed."
  • RonTom
    268 posts Member
    Options
    He shouldn't be a rival to Yoda. Not this young Mr. Sidious. The Emperor however. Now that should be a power house. Wonder when they'll release him...
  • Options
    Woofy_MC wrote: »
    My sid is currently level 70 with nearly IX Gear and 7*, so around 5200 Power. I still use him as a leader, but his damage is insanely low! He deals 2500 dmg on normal hits without crit and is very squishy. All my Attackers can easily outdamage him. Is it still useful to keep him? Is he getting nerfed with every patch? I know he used to be much more awesome, but now I feel like playing with Jedi Guardian...lel

JKG hits for about 4k also self-heals and has triple the hp/protection so leader ability aside she is better toon by far.
  • Options
    He's supposed to have insane dodge vs jedi, inflicts healing immunity, has an AOE with DOT, decent self heal, and top tier speed. That is why he has low health and hits weak.
  • Options
    He is one of the best toons to own when starting out. He just gets outclassed at the higher levels. He served his purpose to level 70 for me.