Yoda guide/questions

I have a 7* Yoda that (probably due to my lack of knowledge) doesn't perform as I feel he should. He's geared up, leveled up, etc. It's just I wonder if I'm using his talents correctly. I searched for a guide on him to no avail.
Any Yoda lover out there that can give specific tips on his four abilities and when and where to use them?
Much obliged

Replies

• Apostilo
    137 posts Member
    Options
    Since they made his tenacity up skill dispellable Yoda is not shining in any arena team of yours... He is only usefull now at some raid phases when boss is over 50 % hp , making it possible for yoda to gain foresight with his basic, then spread it around the party andmaybe granting an extra turn for your good atackers this way. His TM reduction skill is also good for the raid , but you can do it once each 5 turns , which is no big deal as it is not 100 % succesfull ... In short words - they killed Yoda some time ago...
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    Yoda is still awesome. Don't let people fool you. there's another thread in general asking for people's 3 favorite toons and half the answers have yoda.

I still use my yoda everywhere except DS obviously. He's a king in raids, he might not do much damage but foresight makes him survive long enough to do more than other damage dealers. And I've used yoda in my arena team for over two months and I finish one most days at payout and barely drop below 10-15.
    He isn't great in arena defense but he's not completely useless either. On arena offense I can beat any team because yoda goes first with a qgj lead and can control a match.

A lot of yodas strategy is really trial and error stuff and so there's no guides on it. Depends on your own team set up and your opponents and what part of the game it is. For eg because GW nodes after the first, opponents now start with 0 TM, most times I can get foresight and give it to everyone in a second turn before any opponent goes.

In arena using BM first is excellent against teams with dooku daka phasma to stop debuffs. If i don't need to stop debuffs them save BM for later when I can steal moves first. Also now that Rey is so quick and can get foresight before she dies, against her I sometimes use UF first to remove TM which works quite often.
    But you work it out as you go along. Do give up on yoda yet.

iGwUuQ1.jpg
    If nothing else, he's still immensely fun to play with. And a game, after all, is about having fun.
  • Options
    DV_27 wrote: »
    Yoda is still awesome. Don't let people fool you. there's another thread in general asking for people's 3 favorite toons and half the answers have yoda.

I still use my yoda everywhere except DS obviously. He's a king in raids, he might not do much damage but foresight makes him survive long enough to do more than other damage dealers. And I've used yoda in my arena team for over two months and I finish one most days at payout and barely drop below 10-15.
    He isn't great in arena defense but he's not completely useless either. On arena offense I can beat any team because yoda goes first with a qgj lead and can control a match.

A lot of yodas strategy is really trial and error stuff and so there's no guides on it. Depends on your own team set up and your opponents and what part of the game it is. For eg because GW nodes after the first, opponents now start with 0 TM, most times I can get foresight and give it to everyone in a second turn before any opponent goes.

In arena using BM first is excellent against teams with dooku daka phasma to stop debuffs. If i don't need to stop debuffs them save BM for later when I can steal moves first. Also now that Rey is so quick and can get foresight before she dies, against her I sometimes use UF first to remove TM which works quite often.
    But you work it out as you go along. Do give up on yoda yet.

iGwUuQ1.jpg
    If nothing else, he's still immensely fun to play with. And a game, after all, is about having fun.

Thank you for this advice. It's what I was looking for
  • Options
    Does yoda still get dodge off his basic?
  • Sungsta
    163 posts Member
    Options
    Yoda might not be the best on arena defence, but he is still great on arena offence, gw, and raids.

Pairing him with qgj(l) nearly always lets u go first, which imo is the best attribute about yoda, as u can often use him to control the battle.

Foresight up on first turn is useful for getting rid of enemy dispels - nearly always, the ai will waste a dispel on yodas foresight, which lets u buff/taunt without fear of it getting removed straight away.

Bm is great for stun or debuff heavy teams that dont run a dispeller. Also great if u have rey on ur team - she becomes resistant to debuffs, and her leverage immediately gives her offence up in preparation for her triple hit. There is a bug where ig88's dot on critical does get through yodas tenacity up, but hope they fix it soon.

Unstoppable force can also be used first turn to delay leia going into stealth or prevent rey from taking a turn, so u kill either of them before they get a hit off. Usually, a hit from yoda, followed by qgj assist, followed by reys leverage will kill off any glass cannon without triggering royal guard taunt.

If u r unlucky and get an enemy down to red and trigger royal guard, his masterstroke aoe can also sometimes kill them off. Masterstroke can also be used to trigger a counter on a taunting st han to give everyone turn meter gain. Especially useful against dooku, cos his hits dont hurt too much (as long as u have gear 9+ st han). And u can deliberately kill old ben and steal his buff for fun as long as the opposing team is down to 1.

My main worry for yoda is jawa engineer - he will be the first to act (beyond han solo), which means u will lose the firat attack advantage.