Resistance Pilot

Is resistance pilot viable in the arena at 4*?

Replies

• K_G0sling
    839 posts Member
    Options
    Depending on your level, and his gear level. We'd need more details to give an educated answer.
  • Hellcat
    319 posts Member
    Options

Yes if your ranking is lower than 1000
    No if you are fighting for top 20.
  • Wicket_The_Ewok
    16 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    K_G0sling wrote: »
    Depending on your level, and his gear level. We'd need more details to give an educated answer.

Gear 7, level 70
  • Options
    I wouldn't use RP in arena until 5-6* unless you have no other characters to use.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    Options
    RP is an awful sink of resources to gear. One of the worst in the entire game to go gear 5,6,7,8,9,10. Look on swgoh gg. Awful. Worst in the game in my opinion. Besides Rey who is hard early.
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options
    LordAlvert wrote: »
    RP is an awful sink of resources to gear. One of the worst in the entire game to go gear 5,6,7,8,9,10. Look on swgoh gg. Awful. Worst in the game in my opinion. Besides Rey who is hard early.

Teebo is similarly awful, but Boba Fett is the worst by a comfortable margin.

• Options
    I am doing RP for fun and feeling scared by all of your reviews.
    But I will differ on teebo and Boba. I recently got teebo to gear 8 and Boba is at 6.4 gear. I do not have any resources for Boba. But didn't feel they are hard to gear in anyway.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    jedii_2040 wrote: »
    But I will differ on teebo and Boba. I recently got teebo to gear 8 and Boba is at 6.4 gear. I do not have any resources for Boba. But didn't feel they are hard to gear in anyway.

Get Teebo to gear 9 and see if you still believe he's not hard to gear. He needs hundreds of purples on gear 8, and hundreds more on gear 9. If you don't buy them in the store with crystals it'll take quite a while.
  • Options
    Don't waste your resources. She has been nerfed and is useless

Nerfed - yes
    Useless - no
    (there are plenty of worse characters)
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Options
    RP is good. Doesn't hit as hard as I would like, but has good surviveability with foresight and gets a lot of attacks thanks to her turn meter boosts. If you pair her with good assist attackers like Qui Gon or Geo Soldier to give extra chances to crit and boost turn meter, or with an evasion based leader like Old Ben she is good in the arena at about 5*. However, if you are simply looking for another DPS hitter there are better attackers to go to.
  • Options
    As some posters noted earlier, she is an utter abomination to gear up. Moving from gear 9 to ten requires 150 pieces of gear you can only find in raids as well as 50 purple stun cuffs...
  • GuyfromSyracuse
    993 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Don't waste your resources. She has been nerfed and is useless

Useless for arena...I wasted an omega too. Find her useful in GW with foresight and expose especially on a Dooku type
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    She's no fives gear 9 with 300 purples required to get to gear 10 but she's on the bad end of raid gear.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    you dont have to worrie about g9 or higher if RP is only 4*. eventually there are better/easier characters to gear once uou hit gear8. untill then RP is pretty usefull for raids and GW. i actually use RP in arena aswell, because its not rey :)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    RP is a gear pig, she needs 5 raid gear items (that includes 2 furnaces so 3 others), a total of 720 purple gear pieces of which 360 of them have to be farmed from nodes. Avoid this one unless you have a ton of other toons.
  • Options
    fudgra wrote: »

Get Teebo to gear 9 and see if you still believe he's not hard to gear. He needs hundreds of purples on gear 8, and hundreds more on gear 9. If you don't buy them in the store with crystals it'll take quite a while.

F2P here and I went from gear 6 teebo to gear 8.5 in about 2 days once guild day activities lined up to farm gear for him, he isn't that hard outside of two 50 piece requirements to get him to gear 9 and you really can't complain about those because at least they are farmable in ls and Ds missions
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options

No one is hard to get to gear 6. Boba needs 1005 purples, including seven raid-gated items.

• Options
    gearing is a major problem. And only those who can spend hell of money are going to win. out of 18 toons, I have been able to take 3 of them to gear 9 so far. trying QGJ for gear 10, but it is going to take at least a week time, and also lot of luck in raid. For others I have given up hope.

I will be happy if I can get RP to gear 8 at least. That's all I can hope for, been F2P.

• DarthBalls
    518 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I have a 7* gear 8 RP... Was viable in the arena pre-nerf... Now very viable in the raid. Not so much arena. IMO
  • Stygian
    35 posts Member
    Options
    RP doesn't hit as hard as other attackers but the turn meter boost when she dodges combined with foresight makes up for that imho. She also has a chance to expose, combined with resistance trooper who gets turn meter boost when someone becomes exposed makes for a good partnership.

Any team can be viable if you plan it out and stick to it. My team: Poe (L), Rey, RP, RT, StH. I finish top 20 daily without refresh on a Nov server against all the maxed teams you would expect. With 1 refresh I have finished top 5 multiple times.