Character Balances

To truly get them you really need to see high level. I'll use FOTP as example. Mine is just the Sensor array from every gear Piece. He is Omega on Special and Basic. To those that say he was rendered useless by his balancing take him to gear 11, omega him, then say that. You won't. Instead you will say...I get it. Phasma too. People did not like hers. Take her to Max gear, omega VM at least. Then say that. Again you can't. She is good support, but on a pure DPS team she is a great lead. Imagine this Swarm Omega on max GS calls Rey with Advantage for assist, Fire at Will procs FOTP gear 11 Omega for Dbl tap. To see that is awe inspiring. I'm telling you A light shines and you hear the "ahhhh ahhh ahhh" of the angels above as they carry that poor victim away.

Just saying though. Some balances we hate you will say I get it later. I was irate at the FOTP re work at first. I was farming him so hard after I'd finished other projects. Invested a ton. Then I saw the change, read the uproar. Shelved him. DEcided what the heck lets see.

GS was hit too. Saddened me as I was one of the first using him full out back at 60 cap. Gear 10, omega, he is pretty darn good still. Not the almighty bug he was, but very fast with that TM and swarm crits over 10k then calls assist and bam his TM fills 50%.

Yes many need work still, buffs for sure. Just saying though at gear 7/8 you can't really judge how that character is fully. Luke is beyond useless there. Gear 11 Luke is a whole different animal.

To conclude. The "nerfs" and "reworks" and "balances" can really frustrate us all. I have been. We though, don't know the big picture. We can speculate and have our theories, however we do not know for sure. Stick with who you want, take them there and see.

Oh and NERF CUP he is so OP ;)

Replies

• hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options
    It would be nice if more people had the ability to see this for themselves. If people can't really get to gear 11, then it becomes just a senseless nerf. It is good to hear that things change, so thank you.

Is there a team comp you would use FOTP in over Rey? That's still the biggest question.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    hhooo wrote: »
    It would be nice if more people had the ability to see this for themselves. If people can't really get to gear 11, then it becomes just a senseless nerf. It is good to hear that things change, so thank you.

Is there a team comp you would use FOTP in over Rey? That's still the biggest question.

Yes because you don't have to use Rey instead of FOTP. She is not 100% needed to win matches and not drop a lot of places overnight. Is she better than FOTP? Not sure till i get my own. But let's say she is...do i absolutely need to use Rey instead of FOTP? Nope. So again it really comes down to preference.
  • RonTom
    268 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    On a Phasma lead team FOTP of course has the advantage of more frequent assists. But Rey is always Rey.

Good OP, wish it would be easier to gear the toons up though.

• KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    To truly get them you really need to see high level. I'll use FOTP as example. Mine is just the Sensor array from every gear Piece. He is Omega on Special and Basic. To those that say he was rendered useless by his balancing take him to gear 11, omega him, then say that. You won't. Instead you will say...I get it. Phasma too. People did not like hers. Take her to Max gear, omega VM at least. Then say that. Again you can't. She is good support, but on a pure DPS team she is a great lead. Imagine this Swarm Omega on max GS calls Rey with Advantage for assist, Fire at Will procs FOTP gear 11 Omega for Dbl tap. To see that is awe inspiring. I'm telling you A light shines and you hear the "ahhhh ahhh ahhh" of the angels above as they carry that poor victim away.

Just saying though. Some balances we hate you will say I get it later. I was irate at the FOTP re work at first. I was farming him so hard after I'd finished other projects. Invested a ton. Then I saw the change, read the uproar. Shelved him. DEcided what the heck lets see.

GS was hit too. Saddened me as I was one of the first using him full out back at 60 cap. Gear 10, omega, he is pretty darn good still. Not the almighty bug he was, but very fast with that TM and swarm crits over 10k then calls assist and bam his TM fills 50%.

Yes many need work still, buffs for sure. Just saying though at gear 7/8 you can't really judge how that character is fully. Luke is beyond useless there. Gear 11 Luke is a whole different animal.

To conclude. The "nerfs" and "reworks" and "balances" can really frustrate us all. I have been. We though, don't know the big picture. We can speculate and have our theories, however we do not know for sure. Stick with who you want, take them there and see.

Oh and NERF CUP he is so OP ;)

+1

I have been defending the devs on their fix with Fives because I have seen how he still performs and lets other toons seem weak. And I also agree with you about Phasma, I love her d down especially in raids!
  • coeuss
    216 posts Member
    Options
    FOTP is one of my favs. I am close to 6 star, gear 9, omega and at level 78. I don't have Rey either.
  • Options

I'm a **** and I use him with her. I run
    Maxed Phasma omega VM(L)
    Maxed QGJ Omega Basic
    Maxed Rey Omega on all
    Maxed GS Omega on Swarm and Hive
    Maxed FOTP Om,ega on Basic and Special

Leia maxed will soon go in have a few things on her yet.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

Maxed Phasma omega VM(L)
    Maxed QGJ Omega Basic
    Maxed Rey Omega on all

Instead of?
  • Options
    Alexone wrote: »

Yes because you don't have to use Rey instead of FOTP. She is not 100% needed to win matches and not drop a lot of places overnight. Is she better than FOTP? Not sure till i get my own. But let's say she is...do i absolutely need to use Rey instead of FOTP? Nope. So again it really comes down to preference.

Rey is superior given her speed and Foresight. Also her Flurry nothing hits harder than, at least that I've seen. Leverage hits very good too, however FOTP unbuffed Omega special hits at 11-14k so he hits good. His basic, buffed and hitting twice I have exzceeded 20k 1 time and am typically 18-19k. He is far slower than Rey, but has about 7k more HP total.

Maxed Phasma omega VM(L)
    Maxed QGJ Omega Basic
    Maxed Rey Omega on all

Instead of?

I'll test to see, possibly GS though. I love to test and craft builds. Or I may just leave this as is since I can knock even the evasion/rg teams out in 90 seconds with it. I've not had a fight go over 2 minutes since making the build. I may just leave as is and use Leia with my Rebels now that they are set. Next up, take the droids and Poe from 9.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    @DarthMasterShawn How does your team fare in defense? How many places do you drop?
  • Options
    @DarthMasterShawn How does your team fare in defense? How many places do you drop?

I've dropped out of the top 10 once in like the last month man. I don't fall too often.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    I see. Wow that's pretty cool.
  • Options
    I see. Wow that's pretty cool.

I change my team a lot though.