Not enough incentive for casual players?

Arham
14 posts Member
I'd like to start off by saying that I started playing this game a 5-6 weeks ago and really enjoy it. I fractured my leg and various games/TV shows made the bed rest phase a lot more bearable.

However, Ive noticed that most of the new content or events are usually tailored for whales/hard core players. Most events have a lot of restrictions in terms of level or characters. I just feel like the developers aren't doing enough to pull in the casual players (the only reason they might play is because it's Star wars). I can't recommend this game to my friends (casual players) because of this.

I'm not asking for lowered restrictions or change of events, but it would seem like a nice gesture to have an event every now and then for casual players to keep them hooked. After all, freemium games need a base of casual players to survive in the long run and for whales to beat someone.

p.s- I'm not a casual player myself and am rank 1 in arena daily/complete gw easily(only lvl 62 so it's easy till now) . So I'm not asking for this for myself but to make the game more inclusive. Sorry for the long post

What do you guys think? Would you prefer more inclusive events from time to time? (probably only ls or ds toons etc.)

Replies

• Powda
    525 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Yup, you're absolutely right.

EA doesn't mind you enjoying the game so long as you either.

* Spend a lot of money on the game
    * Spend a lot of time playing game
    * or both

The latest 'Empire Event' is a perfect example of that.
  • Alugard
    108 posts Member
    Options
    Just depends on how long you are going to play. Not time in a day but weeks or months. If your not going to play longer term then no there isn't much for you. If you actually stick with it you will eventually get everything you need to do most if not all the events. I have not spent a dime and I do play quite a bit at work when I'm slow but once I get home I play everything but this game.(pc or xbox one) I am f2p and I could do all of them so far other than 6 and 7* Yoda but I have been playing since last November.
  • Veritasum
    754 posts Member
    Options
    I'm guessing the model is for you to want to spend more money and time to be like the hard core guys because it seems like there are a lot of them already. If the casuals keep stepping over the line into more active, then why throw a bone sort of speak.
  • Options
    i think those current event we have has their level tuned for specific level thus it will be a long target for casuals.
    TNR Rey of Hope, Heroic Raid 36/50
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    What would be a good type of event for a casual player?

The low levels of Omega are very casual friendly.
    The Yoda event to 5 star is very casual friendly
    The droid event was casual friendly
    GW is people who don't care about arena friendly

What are you looking for. I would argue the base game is very casual friendly.
  • kbonifay
    392 posts Member
    Options
    as a P2P player i completely agree with this. i hate that the forums get littered with complaints from the F2P players and nothing being done to give you guys some sort equal ground to gain some newer toons/gear to balance the continued growth of us "whales"

while i do somewhat understand the notion (p2p feeds the game/developers) i still whole heartedly believe that there should be a continued incentive for the f2p to keep going.

f2p players are also some of the more dedicated to the game as their grind is much harder than a p2p players... these are the people that are choosing to log into this game over thousands of mobile games and dedicate time to SWGOH.

i don't have all the answers or solutions in the world to balance this game and i trust the devs to really look at the community and make the best decisions based off GOOD feedback and not just the "torch and pitchfork" mentality that seems to run rampant here.

help the community and devs work to a solution, don't just complain. I hope this gives you an honest perspective from a P2P player. good luck in the game, stay patient, and trust that these hired hands start returning the invested time you have put into SWGOH

may the force be with you.