Fix T7 raids

Our guild is on our 4th T7 raid and it has become terrible. The challenge isn't killing rancor it's ensuring everone gets a turn. We have to set damage limits to make sure everyone can get a turn. This killing all the fun of the raid system and causing the guild to fall apart.

To put things in context we are not a whale guild, we have a nice mix of players. A few whales, p2p, and f2p. We have the kind of guild people want to be in its  fun, competitive (we get in top 50), yet still laid back, with an active chat, we help each other with raid and arena lineups. The few members that have joined us recently tell us our guild so much better then their previous guild. Now the guild chat is becoming more hostile with member getting mad at each other. I don't think that this was the intention with the T7 raid. I would hate to see my guild fall apart because of this.

Replies

• Sweep
    58 posts Member
    Options
    Pick a start time everyone can agree on.

One team gets to go in p1-3. Pick a phase.

Save the rest of your teams for phase 4. If people like the guild and want to be in it, they'll see it's fair. If people abuse, they get warned and then kicked if it happens again.

No need for drama, just teamwork...and some much-needed changes to the raid reward structure.
  • Options
    Sweep wrote: »
    Pick a start time everyone can agree on.

One team gets to go in p1-3. Pick a phase.

Save the rest of your teams for phase 4. If people like the guild and want to be in it, they'll see it's fair. If people abuse, they get warned and then kicked if it happens again.

No need for drama, just teamwork...and some much-needed changes to the raid reward structure.

This is what we are doing. It barely works. Last raid after all members got 1 turn we where in phase 4 with rancor at about 15% health remaining.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    Limit people to 1 attack in first 12 hours then ffa. Give people who attack Capt a second attack if below 200k.

If all 50 are active it works perfectly
    {RotE}
  • Options
    LaLiam wrote: »
    Limit people to 1 attack in first 12 hours then ffa. Give people who attack Capt a second attack if below 200k.

If all 50 are active it works perfectly

This is what we are doing and it doesn't work that well. We have to limit members to 200k damage so every gets a turn.
  • Geddre
    224 posts Member
    Options
    Of course there are ways to MAKE it work. We shouldn't have to though. I was incredibly excited that there was finally going to be an area of the game where I'd get to make full use of a large group of characters. But that's not what we got. We got yet another game mode that requires exactly 5 maxed out characters, and all the others are pointless. Everyone still uses QGJ and Rey and GS. They found a use for Yoda. Having a dispeller helps. Woopdy-doo. 2 extra characters some people maybe didn't use before.

They need raids to meet a certain level of damage to beat, and then a follow up mode where you get to throw everything else you have at it to increase your personal contribution. Or better yet, give everyone the same rewards for victory, then the finishing mode earns you scaled rewards based on total contibution.

It's complete garbage that someone earns lesser rewards simply because they have to get online later and attack in a phase that doesn't allow for as much damage as easily.

Or how about this... make the raid go for 6 hours or 12 hours no matter what, and everyone gets 1 shot at all 4 phases. If the required amount of damage is done in all 4 phases at the end of 6 hours, the Rancor dies. If there's one or more phases that not enough damage was done in, it opens it up for a second round of attempts at just that phase.

I don't care about a natural progression of watching his health go down real time. Insisting on that list it's how you can make the raid function and is **** people off. This way sucks. Raids suck. Tier 6 was kinda fun. Tier 7 sucks.
  • Tomek
    327 posts Member
    Options
    We need some more info in raid log.
    W have now dmg done by each player in the raid. Additional info we need is how many times the player attacked in current raid.