Galactic War missed opportunity, Count Dooku prancing

Obi_Weezley
106 posts Member
edited May 2016
First off, I must say this is a great game. I never thought I would be addicted to a mobile game, let alone spend as much money as I do on it. Thank you EA / CG for this experience!

My Fiance and I have 4 total accounts:

Obi Weezley (iPad Pro, P2P)
Weezley Nobi (S7 Edge / Bluestacks or Andy emulator) light p2p with booster and furnaces)
R2CK (S2 tablet, P2P)
Princess Care (iPad air, f2p except booster)

We started playing around November, at or around hard launch. Back then, we never thought the game was big enough to warrant a forum and strategy, especially Youtube channels (I now watch Jedi Master Ailan, Scoregasms, Commander Dizzy, and Just A Box Gaming), so we didn't make the best choices in the beginning, nor did we buy any of the character packs outside of the $5 Dooku one.

Up to present day - We have gone from a total weekly spend of $200, to just boosters and the occasional $20 crystal refresh. We have seen the game evolve and also have seen it become such a time vortex, I felt the need to finally make a few points here.

Protection nearly ruined this game for us. Say what you will, but when combined with the letdown of "whiffle-batt-sounding-swing-and-a-miss" evasion, the excitement has become a grind in boredom.

I often reflect to the times when it was exciting and intimidating, to see one of your toons getting wrecked by a qui gon / GS assist kill, or the necessity of taking out FOTP immediately, before he one shots a toon. Back then, it was truly an exciting MOBILE game. I say this because isn't this a MOBILE game? It sure feels like a console / PC game now, with the time dedication to boot.

With that said, we grudgingly continued to support the game, in hopes of fixes and changes, but also because there were still some fun elements to it. New shipment purchases, buying shards in the respective stores, the money from Galactic War, and now, Guilds and Raids.

If I were able to remove evasion, I most surely would. Foresight is understandable, but RNG rules with an iron fist, much more than the qui gon speed meta, or pre Poe nerfing top arena teams ever did.

I hope he doesn't mind, but here is a link to Jedi Master Ailan's Arena battle, just 4 months ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVXVA0sVxHk

To me, that was perfect for a MOBILE game. Arena isn't for everyone, just because you build up the wrong toons doesn't mean you're entitled to cry NERF for anyone that doesn't let you win. Look at the end result? Now we have additional EA / CG employees coming on here to attempt to mitigate the whining, which just opened the door for more game breaking changes to be made, all because of this entitlement mentality?

To get to the meat of this topic I wanted to create, I would like to get some feedback for two things that I really believe would help this MOBILE game, as well as the consumers that play it.

Count Dooku - Sometimes, his prancing back and forth, back and forth, makes me want to throw my device out the window. He isn't the only character with a bonus attack (Rey, anyone?), yet the prancing back and forth is becoming ridiculous. When a character like Rey attacks, she stays with the victim toon, dishing out her attacks. Could EA / CG please, add an additional animation to Count Dooku, so that if he generates a bonus attack, it will register right after his first, WITHOUT PRANCING BACK TO HIS STABLE?

Galactic War - I truly feel EA / CG severely missed the mark with how fun this challenge could have been. When I think of a "Galactic War", I dont think of Arena on steroids. I think of the different races / squadrons / clans, etc. Imaging going through each node, fighting a First Order team, or a geonosian team, with characters thats aren't out yet, but are found in data mining (like seeing Emperor Palpatine in Omega Challenges, how cool was that!?).

Galactic War is a great place for marketing and revenue generation. Think about the buzz online that would be generated...Getting beat by a Rebel team beats fighting Dooku / Sid / RG teams over and over and over and over. You would be able to witness how characters you dont have yet, work with the groups they represent, and could therefore theorycraft more often, which translates into additional financial investment into this game.

I hope my points come across correctly. I have been wanting to say these things for a while now. I still do look forward to fun and exciting changes as we move forward.

Peace,

Obi Weezley

Replies

• Options
    Hello? Bump 1x for a "Anyone out there"?
  • dmc97
    39 posts Member
    Options
    Hmm, I think protection saved the game. Strategies are now much more diverse, squad builds are more diverse, and there are many more viable characters. I still think synergy should be more important, as it's still a smorgasbord in any given squad and that compromises the immersion for me.
  • Options
    2 great ideas. I also get annoyed often with Dancing Dooku. Your GW idea sounds very fun, especially compared to the boring and oh so long GW we have now. However for me there are much bigger issues like the credit crunch and the availability of certain gear pieces. And character balance is way off as many are just not usable is you want to compete.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    dmc97 wrote: »
    Hmm, I think protection saved the game. Strategies are now much more diverse, squad builds are more diverse, and there are many more viable characters. I still think synergy should be more important, as it's still a smorgasbord in any given squad and that compromises the immersion for me.

Protection made arena a lot more diverse but it made gw infinitely harder and longer. By node 3 if not sooner you'll be facing teams with full protection while your squad has none left. That's an uphill battle and makes gaming the system with retreats and RNG rerolls that much more important.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    I enjoy GW, and still complete every day at level 80.
    Dooku's animation is too slow, at the very least. Arena already drags out to 5 mins too often.
    One-shot KO was not fun.
  • Options
    Agree on prancing. Would love for his bonus attack to be rolled up like Reys. That being said, I do love to see him drive his saber into a Jedi and stun them. It almost makes it worth it. Almost...
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    Post was too long for most to read, hence lack of response.

Agree on evasion but someone in the development team likes it. Won't go anywhere.

I do agree on changes to GW as its 6 nodes of boredom and 6 of same Rey/leia/RG teams over and over (note: I do not see how it's a good marketing or revenue generation). What's not fun strategy to go up against the same team 6 times. Fixed teams of ones the devs think are strong that aren't widely used would be more fun. I would be excited if I had to go against a full max empire team on a late node, just to see how it performs.
  • Options
    High quality post, well thought, well written. :+1:

And for the Dooku animation, make it happen devs! So simple, so easy, yet so much less frustrating. By the way, the same could be done for Fives even though he isn't that slow.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Waxx25
    62 posts Member
    Options
    OP i agree with your point of view. Mainly in GW. Its only a chore. The fun long gone.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Since we want animations sped up, can I add a request for Old Ben's Mind Trick and Yoda's Battle Meditation to be added to the list?
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses guys!

Sorry it was long; It's been on my mind for awhile now, so I had a lot to say...

As far as galactic war for marketing / revenue: gw is a platform to showcase 12 different experiences, such as synergy teams based on their race, class, etc. oftentimes I would like to see how a first order team plays out, prior to making the time consuming investment into farming for one. Outside of arena battles, there isn't a way for me to see if it's worth it in some way to me, so I go to the forums and gather opinions. If I can see these teams, I may be more likely to purchase additional crystals in order to farm / buy shards / buy character packs to complete that team, or maybe just a character or two from that team.

Remember when emperor palpatine appeared in omega battles? Even though he isn't currently available, it was fun to see him and what he can do. This generated buzz online. Imagine seeing an empire team, the way the developers may have intended...aside from mitigating the boredom of completing galactic war, it may influence you away from that magmatrooper...