Items for Empire characters.

Asic
1146 posts Member
The developer update notes that rewards will include "Items for Empire characters."

I think I am reading that as gear? Any other thoughts? Feel free to merge if this was discussed elsewhere.

Replies

• Options
    I think it is most definitely gear
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    Maybe they have special gear? Like those stupid binoculars in the INT challenge that no one in my guild has ever needed for any of their gear...
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Curious wording, to be sure
  • Samantha
    345 posts Member
    Options
    To me it reads, items for only empire characters, but I'm not aware of any items that meet that definition.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Perhaps a shard is an item?
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    Perhaps a shard is an item?

Words on he update are:
    "Rewards are:
    -Shards of Empire characters. (excluding Darth Vader)
    -Items for Empire characters."

So presumably items are not shards. Maybe it's just sloppy and its gear that could be used on empire but also elsewhere.
  • C3POwn
    507 posts Member
    Options
    Most likely it will be a new Lightsaber for Vader that doubles as a strobe light to blind the enemy which will auto stun for 3 turns.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    If gear, why not say gear?
    If ability mats, why not say that?
    If both, why say Empire items?
    If neither, and new items, wouldnt that be something to hype more?

My guess is mats and gear that are to upgrade Empire toons.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah. Why not say that. Agreed with your guess and interpretation.
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options

AKA mats and gear that will be used to upgrade actual good characters and widen the gear gap again. At least that's what we should expect.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    hhooo wrote: »

AKA mats and gear that will be used to upgrade actual good characters and widen the gear gap again. At least that's what we should expect.

Perhaps they revert to old recipies for unobtaniums, but reward them in this Event, giving whales some reward for paying the higher price.
  • Options
    It might be gear that Empire characters use disproportionally to the rest. For example, Magmatrooper needs an insane amount of the purple holo projectors.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    My guess is that it's an item drawn from the pool of items Empire characters need. So, purely for the sake of an example because I know they need these things, if no Empire character needed the +250hp Holoprojector, there would be 0% chance of getting a +250hp Holoprojector as a reward.

Whatever item you get, you'll be able to give it to any character as per usual (again: guessing).
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Maybe...they get ships...tarkin gets the death star, vader gets a super star destroyer, veers gets an at-at, rg gets a charizard...is possible
  • fberbert
    593 posts Member
    Options
    Skins?
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me