Super Dooku!!

shimmy
200 posts Member
On the second last GW battle and the team has a 3 star level 52 blue level Dooku. He did some pretty impressive things that my level 53, 3 star ELITE Dooku can't do.

Nothing says awesome programming when an AI controlled player that is less skilled than yours can do way more than yours can.

Also noticed this in a previous match with the AI's lower level, 4 star non elite Sid consistently doing more damage than my 5 star level 55 elite Sid and we had most of the same other characters except mine were a higher level so it wasn't a case of armour or other things coming into play.

What an **** I must be to actually think better leveled versions of the SAME characters should actually...perform better!

I like that in GW you can see the stars, level and (sort of) the gear level of the AI characters so you can really see the blatant cheating code they threw into the game.

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    This thread would have been more useful if you had explained in detail what this Magic Dooku did.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    Probably some synergy with others. I too had the honor of facing a dooku that wrecked me last fight. First time in a while since it happened. He is fast, he is annoying but nothing magic about it. Stun or nuke him out of the fight. Also opposing teams toons can do more dmg if they are better geared or if they maxed more abilities than you did.
    remember that ability skill lvl 6 is a significant increase over skill lvl 3 i.e.

Don't want to be to rude but it's starting to look like a rant. You started another dooku op topic earlier so why make a new one while you could have replied there. It's heading the same way as bariss. I'm making a counter topic.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    I suspect that the opposing teams get some sort of boost in the later battles of GW. I have had some really difficult battles toward the end that shouldn't have been so difficult.
  • Options
    I think GW has received some secret buff recently. Battles are getting insanely difficult and my arena rank really hasn't moved much.
  • Options
    Pravus wrote: »
    I suspect that the opposing teams get some sort of boost in the later battles of GW. I have had some really difficult battles toward the end that shouldn't have been so difficult.

While I'm not sure; this would make sense. I got wrecked pretty hard and it did t help that I pressed the auto instead of retreat, cost me the last battle lol.
  • TK421
    19 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I too have been having increasing amounts of trouble in GW. That said, I don't suspect it has anything to do with cheating or a change in programming. There have been no game updates recently so I don't think the game is doing anything new. I suspect the issue is the field leveling out and thereby increasing the overall difficulty. I don't have trouble with any one team, per se. I have trouble beating twelve teams back to back. Each of those teams starts fresh. No cool downs to worry about, max health, and it is that persons best team. Whereas I am fighting a war of attrition. Losing a character to a 5k Luminara crit, for example. Now, I have been on the other end of a Luminara power blast, and reaped the benefit of one shotting Dooku, or the like. So I know it isn't cheating, but I also know how frustrating it is. I'm now out one of my healers and I still have X battles to fight.

I suppose what I'm saying is I feel your frustration. I rely on the resources from GW to improve abilities - as the only source of mk3 ability materials four days a week-, increase character quality, and a source of, increasingly rare, credits. I hate losing, and missing out on the above mentioned resources, no matter what the reason. However, I think it is detrimental to this game and community for every time something doesn't go our way for us to accuse the company or others of cheating. I know modding is an issue. I know the developers are aware of the issue, and have a vested interest in curtailing the practice in a quick and strident fashion. But I also know RNG is a thing. I have benefited from it at times, so it stands to reason that other times it is going to go the other way. Nothing is more frustrating than watching an opposing Sid dodge, literally, everything thrown his direction for a whole round. But watching your Sid dodge everything sent his way and lasting just long enough for your heal to come off cool down is equally as elating. It's just easier to remember the negative aspects of RNG because those are what, ultimately, get in the way of victory.
  • Options
    it does seem like there are a lot more level 60 teams with leia and ben and qgj going around. one of the reasons i dont want to see a level cap raise so fast.
  • Options
    I think this thread should be renamed to "Super AI buff" not necessarily about Dooku, CAUSE FOR THE HUNDREDTH TIME DOOKU IS NOT OP. No offense but if you can not efficiently dispose of lvl 52 3* probly gear 5 dooku then good luck dealing with fully geared 7* characters that are actually strong
  • Options
    Just a weird thing I want to mention in GW

Captain Phasma leader ability is 16% and 31% herself and first order but I experienced 4 in a roll so the chance is .... My count dooku rarely double attack with lvl 6 ability instead
  • Options
    Btw I can finish GW if using different teamcombination
  • Options
    I think this thread should be renamed to "Super AI buff" not necessarily about Dooku, CAUSE FOR THE HUNDREDTH TIME DOOKU IS NOT OP. No offense but if you can not efficiently dispose of lvl 52 3* probly gear 5 dooku then good luck dealing with fully geared 7* characters that are actually strong

Amen brother.

• Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    I'm lvl 55
    The last team on GW today was
    • Sid lvl58 7* gear6
    • Dooku lvl60 5* gear7
    • Luminara lvl60 7* gear7
    • Chewie lvl60 7* gear7
    • Barriss lvl60 4* gear7

My team all lvl 55
    • Barriss 4* gear6
    • Lumi 6* gear7
    • JC 5* gear7
    • Sid 6* gear6
    • Dooku 5* gear6
    I put Dooku in instead of Talia 5* gear7, just for speed, I was going to replace him, at retreat, but the fight went with ease for me, mainly becource chewie did not taunt but shot at my Lumi instead, no nead for retreat at all :smiley:
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection