Need different offensive and defensive squads

You should really let folks assign their defensive squad in the Arena and not just have it be whatever squad that you used last. The squad used to attack a specific team is not going to be the one that is best to leave defending your rank. All you are doing with the current setup is showing that the only important thing in the game is speed/DPS. This is a part of why you ha e all the GW complaints. Everyone is trained to go all offense and that doesn't work in battles of attrition. Every other game mode, though, is offense offense offense.

Replies

• T1EFighta
    50 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    You should really let folks assign their defensive squad in the Arena and not just have it be whatever squad that you used last. The squad used to attack a specific team is not going to be the one that is best to leave defending your rank. All you are doing with the current setup is showing that the only important thing in the game is speed/DPS. This is a part of why you ha e all the GW complaints. Everyone is trained to go all offense and that doesn't work in battles of attrition. Every other game mode, though, is offense offense offense.

I have a slightly different thought on this. Separating offense from defense can lead to stale ranking ? Imagine all the top 20 teams has the "current best" defensive team. In theory, w/the best defensive team, how does anyone beat it ? If you can't beat it, how does the ranking changes ? And if you can beat it, then what's the point ? You are back to square one again and now you have to deal w/two different teams, etc, etc.

I think one possible solution to have more "balance toons" with every synergies/toons having a counter, i.e., counter to clone-synergy, counter to droid synergy, etc. This way I don't see the top 10 toons in my shards running mostly clone-synergy or some variation of an OB-lead, etc.
  • Options
    I see your point. That could be a problem indeed.

I just want to be able to build custom squads to fight in the arena, but always knowing that the squad I fight with is the one that is left to defend me neutralizes any ability to really feel able to do so.
  • Options
    @NerfDookuNow sometimes offence is the best defence. I won't attack an all-droid squad cos I know they'll kick my azz. Or a squad with Rey in it
    Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side.
  • Options
    Yes, but sometimes my offense wants to be my full Jedi squad. However, if I leave that on defense, I will drop faster in ranking in the Arena than Dooku's head dropped when Anakin lopped it off.