Dissolve Character for Mats and Credits

NCNER8R
162 posts Member
edited May 2016
With an ever changing meta, many of us have built up characters that are no longer useful or have built up characters that are irrelevant. Would you dissolve a character for full refund of mats and credits, with a surcharge of 300 - 500 crystals or 300K - 500K credits? I think this might be a happy medium. It would increase overall interest in the game, imo, and provide some incentive for the developers to implement it. Also, it would allow them to constantly change the meta, while lessening complaints about doing so. Your thoughts??

Edit - ***For those saying it would cut into developers wallets, how about 4000 crystals AND 1 million credit deduction to dissolve a character?

**Edit - I see a lot of arguments stating that the developers would not go for this because they would lose money. I think it would be a solution to the developers having to constantly create characters and maybe make more money in the long run. If people are constantly dissolving characters by chasing metas or simply because they want to go a different direction with a build, it could actually increase profit. It would also level the playing field in PVP. After reading your opinions, I will grant that there would need to be more cost involved in doing so. Maybe 4000 crystals AND 1 million credit deduction. They could always change the amount to do this so it is profitable. But yeah, my previously stated amount is way to low, given your reactions. Cheers! Thanks for the comments!
Post edited by NCNER8R on

Dissolve Character for Mats and Credits 84 votes

Yes!
44%
EM650StarSonT0mmyB23LianaraPadmenickalleyeRAYRAYAltoon33Pannaenigma_jediGonzalo1495dbraba01digsmartinsZanhaepkbonifaygobears21Dark_Hemet8211BobAFeetSaku1313M31Andro 37 votes
No!
53%
TheRenegadecosmicturtle333BentWookieeDashboardSekuPoe_Dameron_BLK1Zeeb05WhiteroomottomadduxBillMcPot45HaMezLeeLooSuckaDal_ZubaEricsonXSmokeyJoe320Megadeth3700OkerlundSingleton28giggsy 45 votes
Other! (EXPLAIN)
2%
MarkatonaBWSkynobi 2 votes

Replies

• Options
    No!
    So basically you are asking for a reset button.
  • Lianara
    740 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Yes!
    While it would be awesome, of course, I am not sure how practical it would be. And if it does happen (it won't) it should be limited to certain extreme cases.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Options
    No!
    Won't happen.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Samo
    1 posts Member
    Options
    No!
    At some point after tweeking and making changes/updates such as adding protection those characters that once seemed worthless may be viable again. Then they'd have people complaining about dissolving characters and wanting them back. It may make them a little more money, but I'd say it's not worth the hassle
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Your messing with EA's wallet now. Its not gonna happen until this game is on lifesupport (which with all the new movies coming out=new content) and even then its gonna be like trying to take $ from debo on friday.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    No!
    The point of meta changes is to get people to spend money to keep up, this idea goes against that point so it'll never happen.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Gear is lost?

You will be grinding gear until the cows come home.

The gear is worth more than the credits. I can buy credits, lol.

I think it could work, but it would have to cost some crystals. And you would have to lose some creds, mats, and gear. Like 30 to 50% loss.

This would cause people to rage quit after toons they scrapped get fixed/buffed, and or they find out at higher gear lvl they become useful. So it wont happen. It would be bad for the game.
  • Options
    No!
    Never going to happen.
    Han Solo: No time to discuss this as a committee. Princess Leia: I am not a committee!
  • Options
    How would this cut into their wallets? This would only fatten them. Ever-changing meta. Think about that. You dissolve, for a small, small payback, they implement changes, you want that toon back. Double the money. No good.
  • Options
    No!
    Choices must be made.. so choose wisely. :)
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Yes!
    They'll never do it, but with the constant nerfing and changing meta it would be awesome to be able to adjust appropriately.

Right now it is to their advantage because any change they make just means more money out of your pocket.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Choices must be made.. so choose wisely. :)

That only goes so far in this game where characters people invested in are nerfed.

I wouldn't go for this idea since if you invested enough in a character it's most likely still good for raids. If doing tier 7 especially you need every toon you can get.
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    Yes!
    I think an option would be nice and honestly if they nerf a toon then re-OP that toon later on we'd be stuck paying even more money to revive what we killed... so it mostly seems win win for them.
  • NCNER8R
    162 posts Member
    Options
    @ gobears21....That's more along the lines of what i was thinking....
  • BWSkynobi
    334 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Other! (EXPLAIN)
    Instead of dissolving a toon, perhaps you could just unequip the gear and ability mats from a toon. This way you can power down a toon you no longer use while powering up a new toon.

It would still cost the same amount to regear the new toon so there is a cost. Perhaps it would also cost 50crystals to go into the unequip mode. Then 100 crystals for the next toon, and so on within a 24hour period.

This would actually promote spending real money as more people would be inclined to farm up new toons to find out if they're any good.
  • Options
    No!
    If I can't keep the gear no way I would do this. You're going to potentially throw away furnaces, droid callers, nubians, and take back some credits and have to go through the pain of getting all of that stuff again for whatever character you put the mats and credits towards.
  • Options
    I just see this as a customer service nightmare waiting to happen. Someone's going to delete a toon chasing the meta, and then when that same toon becomes useful again they are going to complain on the forums and contact CS stating something stoopid like "my 5 year old got a hold of my phone and pushed random buttons and deleted Darth Sidious by accident, please re-instate my toon, thxokbye".