ST Han leader ability

Sirryker
98 posts Member
I've seen a few successful teams running ST Han as the leader. I realize dodge is the current trend, and I run Dooku as leader, but I'm curious to hear how Han does in the role. I use him routinely in arena but never as leader (and as a f2p I haven't wasted any purple mats upgrading his leader ability). Does anyone have any experience with it? Is there any circumstance I should consider using him instead of Dooku or Phasma in my leader role?

My arena team is Phasma 7* 77 g8 (L on offense, excluded from defense), Dooku 7* 78 g8 omega basic (L on defense, or use on offense under Phasma against Jedi teams), ST Han 7* 78 g8, Lumi 7* 78 g8, GS 6* 78 g9, and RPilot 7* 78 g8 (defense, as well as on offense if not using Dooku). I'm also thinking about switching in my Kylo 7* 76 g9 to replace Lumi.

Replies

• Options
    People use ST Han as leader with RG to get a protected toon with 35% offense up. Once a toon gets down below 50% they start getting offense up from Han and RG taunts, so they can't be targeted. If you fill your team with high damage attackers then there's a good chance you'll get in some really big hits. I used to run ST Han (L), RG, QGJ, GS, 86. It worked well (got a couple payouts under rank 5) until people started getting raid gear faster than me. I dropped pretty quick after that so I gave up on it. You could probably just swap Dooku for ST Han on defense and do better.
  • Options
    Cool. Thanks for the explanation, misspelled-gallbladder. I don't use RG, so no go for me.

To be clear, Dooku is already on my defensive team:
    Dooku 7* 78 g8 omega basic (L)
    ST Han 7* 78 g8 (now close to g9)
    GS 6* 78 g9
    RPilot 7* 78 g8
    QGJ 6* 78 g8 (now close to g9)
  • Options
    I liked using st han as leader (better than qgj), but unfortunately got targeted WAY too often and would drop from top 10 at payout to rank 35-40 and have to work my way back...
    Unfortunately I had to switch to Old ben leader and only drop to 20-25. I dont really like evasion, but unfortunately it works...
  • Options
    Currently running him (compared to my previous Old Ben lead) I have to say it's a lot more enjoyable running him as leader. I finish top 10 but will drop to 30s. The climb with him is easy tho.
    Current team
    Stormtrooper Han (L)
    Fives
    Old Ben
    QGJ
    GS (soon to be Rey)
  • Fitz
    302 posts Member
    Options
    I used to run sth (L), rg, qgj, gs, Rey. I did fairly well dropping from top 5 and above to 20-15. Now I have phasma gear 9 and I'm trying phasma (L), sth, rg, qgj, Rey. Too early to say really although I have a feeling it doesn't hold so well in defense.
  • Lcb12321
    188 posts Member
    Options
    I've seen people run St han, RG, and Chewie along with Rey, GS etc..