Tarkin synergies?

I have enough shards to take Tarkin to 6* and got to looking at his abilities early today. I have to say, he looks like a monster in the right group. Anything with Phasma lead does pretty well, but I was thinking with something Like Phasma, Tarkin, Poe (or ST Han) you have a massive turn advantage already, probably enough to get 3 turns before the enemy gets their second. This leaves a huge amount of options for damage and / or healing while still having a decently tanky and damaging core group. Things like Sid / Vader, Leia / FOTP, Ewok Elder / Ventriss, and too many other combinations to list all look really really good here.

Anybody have experience or theorycraft thoughts?

Replies

• Options
    Obligatory bump, I want to know what your guys' thoughts / experiences are!
  • Options
    I used sid, Vader, tarkin, boba, daka for awhile.

But tarkin and boba uses where for just setting up Vader's curling blade. As with all the dots and debuffs I would.1 shot any character I chooses.
  • Options
    Is the only way to get tarkin shards through Chromium packs?
  • Toolio
    175 posts Member
    Options
    Jealous, Tarkin is the only roadblock for a sweet Empire team for me.

Try

Tarkin
    Veers
    Vader
    Royal Guard
    Stormtrooper
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    I pulled a 4* tarkin in a pack a last week. Lvl 42 and lvl 5 gear but I struggle to find a lot of use for him.
  • Options
    I've gotten him up to 5* now by accidental chromium shards but he is still level one and I haven't bought his last promotion yet. I don't have an empire team yet though. Is he worth it outside of an empire team?
  • Options
    He looks like he *could be worth it outside of empire teams, he has enough general utility that if his damage is at least average he might be a work horse. That said mine isn't leveled or geared so its pure speculation.
  • Options
    Kr4itok_ wrote: »
    He looks like he *could be worth it outside of empire teams, he has enough general utility that if his damage is at least average he might be a work horse. That said mine isn't leveled or geared so its pure speculation.

I'll work on him when I have the spare credits. I'll at least see what he can do at 5* and full gear.
  • Options
    Tarkin and veers both look asif they hawk potential. Game needs more good empire characters in thinking
    The emperor (sidious but no lightsabers just epic lightening) and the inquisitor
  • Kr4itok_
    269 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Got a chance to toy with a low level Tarkin and wow..... in a good way. The basic attack damage was low, but that's to be expected for an undergeared character 15 levels below me. Special damage was surprisingly good, 1400 ish vs the Jawa horde on 5-K with mediocre level 4 gear and 4*. I finally 3* the battle after putting it off for the last 3 days due to not having a dark side healer (Talia was only level 35 and gear 4). Was much easier than using an allies 3500 power Daka despite the drastic level, star and gear difference. I'm not sure what squad he'll do best in, but I may gear him up and put him in with Poe and play a bit from there.

All in all, I'm incredibly impressed.
  • Options
    I must have read the text wrong last night, took my Tarkin to 6* gear 5 and his special was only hitting for around 700. The utility he brings is still pretty amazing, and the difference between gear 5 and 7 is enormous but if the damage doesnt at least double he wont be that attractive except in a few niche circumstances. If he gets a decent amount of potency that will help but all I can do is hope. Ill keep pumping him up as I still see the potential, let's keep our fingers crossed.