Will RG get nerfed?

Prev1
Au5t1n
37 posts Member
If so y???

Replies

• Options
    No. Don't think he will. They enhanced him sometime ago, so he's been visited and"balanced" already. Much the same as Osaka tano who was enhanced, so she won't be nerfed.
  • Options
    It wouldn't surprise me if they "tweaked" him a bit, but not a full nerf. He's so widely used, he's almost begging for it. If I was a betting man, and I am, I would say no. I know a few characters have been nerfed, but lately they boost other characters to make them more viable. For example, **** was dominating the leader boards but do they nerf him? No, they fix OB, release JE, boost Rex, etc... problem solved (for the most part, dodge still is the most prevalent squad). Nerfing feels so wrong to those that have spent so much time and, potentially, money it's better just to bring others up to his level.
  • Lattimer
    31 posts Member
    Options
    Can't imagine he'd get nerfed, he's too much of a revenue stream for EA. Not to say all choices are based on that but his painfully slow grind (not available in GW, CANTINA SHIP, Arena ship) means that people will spend more crystals on his shard purchases in the shipments store to keep him progressing.

He is available in cantina node but that's not til about 77 :|.

• Whitchit
    186 posts Member
    Options
    Probably, buT who knows? Chase the meta till it shifts, then shift with it
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    RG makes you think about how far to attack certain characters, you dont want to attack so far that they get in the yellow but you want to get them down far enough to one shoot them next time without triggering RG
  • Options
    I think next nerf will be REY but is not 100% sure so we ll see
  • EasyRight
    145 posts Member
    Options
    No offense folks but he could use some adjustments. Not a full nerf, but some adjustments to frequency. Same with Rex. They steal too much thunder from other characters...even tho Rex is so easy to farm. I believe keeping the game fresh outweighs the difficulty in farming. And yes, I do understand this is a business, but a game such as this can lose players when the meta goes flat & gets abused
  • DieRebelScum2467
    73 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I think next nerf will be REY but is not 100% sure so we ll see

Not a chance in ****
  • chuckwing
    679 posts Member
    Options
    If they nerf a char now there will be chaos. Imagine the people who have spent all of these crystals buying furnaces and the like to max out their Rey's and Rg's. CG shot themselves in the foot by making the gear so expensive. There will be riots if they nerf anymore toons now.

That being said, anyone who doesn't think Rey and RG are the most overpowered toons in the game are off their rocker. They are the most used toons in the game along with QGJ, nearly on every top team. But at least QGJ isn't there because he's overpowered, he is just needed for dispel... and every other dispeller is horrible/slow.
  • Options
    Au5t1n wrote: »
    If so y???

Because FOST should get his taunt :)
  • TMK
    700 posts Member
    Options
    I am having second thoughts about RG being nerfed... if anything Rey could be next in line, which don't want to see happening because she is 21 shards away from 7*.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Nerf the nerfers!
  • WhiskeyPug
    338 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Doubt it. He's really not that good. I mean he is by far the best tank due to his auto taunt, stats, and stun/speed down chance which sounds contradictory, but he's really only good in arena for his ai control compared to other tanks. His damage is terrible and his skill set is boring/lame. it just seems much easier and less frustrating to buff other tanks to make them viable. A stat buff to chewie and st Han would be a start, sun fac needs better ai control. With those in place he would just share his throne as best tank
  • Options
    He just did. B2 kills his taunt
  • chuckwing
    679 posts Member
    Options
    I used to think RG was overpowered. Same with Rey. And then one day I met Sun Fac...
  • Au5t1n
    37 posts Member
    Options
    He just did. B2 kills his taunt

@chunkwing ???????
  • Lcb12321
    188 posts Member
    Options
    RG has amazing synergy... He's very usefull and very good...
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Well Sun fac and B2 are here so when either of them will become available to f2p a new reign will start. Meanwhile Rg is beatable so i don't quite see the need for nerf.
  • Options
    What is sun fac's Max counter chance???
  • Options
    He's got nice utility but his damage is so bad I got tired of using him.
  • Options
    What's the point of nerfing him? Every team in my server uses the team of Lum, QGJ, Rey, RG and GS (occasionally there's a phasma or a dooku thrown in). I use QGJ lead, lum, old Ben, Ashoka and maul, all 7 star, all max level 7 gear IX or X on each and have no trouble. Just target Rey w ahsoka, then qgj w assist. If assist is maul she's dead. If assist is anyone else, she is close to dead. RG taunts, then GS goes w assist, then RG goes. Then QGJ goes w dispel, then Ashoka goes and kills Rey. Simple matter to pick them off after that. He is really not that helpful. This is the order for every single pvp play on my server. It's pretty boring. I hope they switch up the meta soon as I'm tired of seeing the exact same team for 49 out of the top 50 players. But to anyone who cares and dares to be different, the team I listed will do the trick to get to #1 daily. Just be prepared to start the day around 30 as the AI plays terrible.
  • Keyper
    245 posts Member
    Options
    I hope royal guard gets a bit of a nerf. It's too good in arena. People would play two if they could.
  • Options
    I'm 99% sure he won't get nerfed.

But i'm 99% he will get countered by Sun Fac or some other new release, such as B2.
  • Options
    No more nerfing, u nerf herders!
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options
    They aren't nerfing him, they're making him useless.
    Look at the last releases:

Sun Fac: Dispell on basic AND a counter
    Echo: AoE dispell
    B2: AoE dispell AND AoE buff immunity (stops RG from taunting)

They indirectly nerfed every taunter by introducing (p2w, of course) toons that completely destroy taunts.
    We're gonna slowly shift back to the damage/speed meta, with maybe a bit of a control/stun meta.
  • Options
    RG was already nerfed when taunt was given a duration. Used to stay up til death.
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options
    RG was already bugfixed when taunt was given a duration. Used to stay up til death.

FTFY
  • Lcb12321
    188 posts Member
    Options
    Sikho wrote: »
    They aren't nerfing him, they're making him useless.
    Look at the last releases:

Sun Fac: Dispell on basic AND a counter
    Echo: AoE dispell
    B2: AoE dispell AND AoE buff immunity (stops RG from taunting)

I don't really see that as making him useless.... Generally people aren't going to be running all three of those characters and against 1 or even 2 all you need to do is ability block/stun/disable etc... the character..

Auto-taunt is still highly usefull...
  • dmc97
    39 posts Member
    Options
    RG doesn't need a nerf. There are multiple strategies to overcoming him. If he didn't hit like a wet noodle, then maybe he'd need a nerf. Rey doesn't either. The new face of the franchise should be the best toon in the game. She's also easily defeated if you take three seconds to think about how to do it.
  • Lcb12321
    188 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I'd argue that his ability to stun on attack more than makes up for the lack of damage...and if not that maybe his ability to gain auto TM and health, or being able to apply defense up and speed down... That coupled with his fairly high health and protection can make RG very usefull...

I don't think he needs a nerf... Rather I'd say I wish there more characters as unique as him that were viable