Hoth Rebel Scout

Anyone have experience with this char? Can't find any info other than the obvious.
Curious on damage output and any other tidbits would be appreciated.

Replies

• Options
    Bump because this is something I too would like answered. The scout has a great basic attack giving allys turn meter and his spec stuns. However he has a Very underwhelming 3rd ability. I had opened hoth rebel soldier first day from the free char pack and have had a lot of luck with him now up to level 47 3* only because he is so hard to farm. He pairs well with han right now making me think a rebel team has some potential. A team of Han, Both Hoth rebels, and some combo of either Biggs, luke, liea, akbar has made me curious. If not I see a team with heavy turn meter gains with Phasma lead, han, Hoth scout, talia, and poe?. So please if anyone has some insight into hoth scout lemme know
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    Options
    Hoth soldier is not worth training. Unsure of scout at this point. (Working on him)
  • Options
    I was given the scout as one of my free characters and he helped me all the way through the light side, as another damage guy for GW, and he is great on my critical based team. He is current level 55 with 4 stars and gear level 6 but still makes my starting team quite frequently. He is fast, only dooku or leia will go before him and his special at level 5 gives him 100% turn meter on a critical hit. Half the time he kills sid before sid gets his turn. Also his special had a 40% chance of stun so if sid isn't dead he is stunned.

For comparison purposes, I have a 6 star level 57 Luke and the base damage for luke is around 1600 with his special around 3300 whereas the scout is around 1400 base damage with only around 2200 on his special. However the scouts turn meter bonuses make him go approximate 1.5 times for every one of Luke's attacks.

Don't see the scout much but he is very useful and will help get you through the light side battles especially if you are f2p.

• Options
    So in short he's prolly underrated but far from op...a solid char
  • Options
    I'm surprised he is so fast given that he can get a rebel speed boost from another leader. Maybe even strike before Dooku with that combo since he's already beating sid. Thank you very much for that info and comparison.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    I have the scout at gear 8, 6* and imo, he's a beast. His special hits for 2,800 crits 4,300. His basic attack does 3,300 crit 5,000.

The turn meter gain for all appears to proc a lil over the 25% tip.

I run : Obi (lead)
    Poe...hate to but have to
    Resistance Pilot
    Hoth Rebel Scout
    Luminara

Lotta fun on offense, holds surprisingly well on defense.
  • Options
    I also got him early and been using him, he is my favorite toon

Little known fact at level 80 his third skill changes to turn meter for any enemy death not just empire

This will make him super fast and really useful (only at level 65 myself)

He crits pretty often even better if Sid is leader so his second skill gives full turn meter pretty often

I run Sid, lumi, dooku, daka, and HRS right now really fast team with big stun potential, with either Sid for crit or lumi for evasion and a little health

I want to try him with a rebel team of Ack, Leia, Han and lumi

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    Based on the stat line and reviews I've heard, he's good enough to be a long term PVP stater. Obviously there are better characters, but I was just about to farm him when I finished my Poe and then they brought QGJ in :blush:
  • Ickern
    7 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi,

my Scout is 6*, Gear 8, Skills 7. 8 shards away from 7*. I am level 70.

I use him with Lumi 7*as leader, Ackbar 7*, Poggle 7*, Luke 7* in my arena squad. Usually i am around top 50 on my server.

He crits with the Poggle buff with around 8k with his second skill and follows often with 4k-5k with his first skill.

Luke hit with around 11k with his second if he crits.

I got all toons via bronzium and use them till now. ;)