Galactic War is broken

Seriously, not only is it awful to play, the rewards are approaching useless. Why would anyone endure 45-90 minutes of pain fighting against maxed arena teams. It's a sea of Rey, rg, Gs, qgj, Daka, yada yada yada. It's broken and its breaking the game.

Replies

• Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    I find it very enjoyable.
    It's a game.
  • Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    It's a game.

+1

GW is optional. You don't have to do it if you struggle physically and emotionally with it.
  • Options
    Some days it is much more enjoyable than others, depends on the rng (like so many aspects of this game). I was able to breeze through today on my main account without losing a toon, but could not get past node 10 on my alt.

There are a lot of things that could be done to improve the GW experience, some of them even get posted here on the forums.

In the meantime @ChrisJBB8 and @Timitock are correct, it's a game, don't sweat it.
  • Options
    It's broken, but also optional. Sad but true.
    Use the force Luke.... and get rid of that stupid musket.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    Only way to get real credits but its easy.
  • Options
    As mentioned, it's optional, just like everything else in this game (including the game itself). I quit doing it after the dodge meta b/c I find it painfully boring and almost completely devoid of skill. Generally, I only complete a few nodes for guild currency or when Vader is available in the shard shop.

I've suffered the consequences of not reliably completing it but I still enjoy the game overall by a decent margin. My toons aren't being leveled as quickly and I'm usually broke, but not resetting ad nauseum after 20+ dodges is a trade-off I'm willing to take.

The dodge meta needs to go. The number of people that find it boring far outweighs those that enjoy it.
  • Ace5
    134 posts Member
    Options

Ummm, how is it optional? It's really the only solid way to get credits on a daily basis (without paying). I guess it's optional if you don't want to advance any of your characters ever. Maybe arenas optional too huh? Raids? Gear? All optional by your standards?

Get real guys, you have to do GW until there's another viable and regular way to earn credits.
  • Options
    Ace5 wrote: »

Ummm, how is it optional? It's really the only solid way to get credits on a daily basis (without paying). I guess it's optional if you don't want to advance any of your characters ever. Maybe arenas optional too huh? Raids? Gear? All optional by your standards?

Get real guys, you have to do GW until there's another viable and regular way to earn credits.

I think he meant to say it's optional in the same sense that registering your vehicle and purchasing car insurance are optional.

You *can* get by without it, but it is ill-advised.
  • Options
    It's completely broken and needs revised. Arena Team is near 38k and the onslaught of maxed toons from Node 3 on is ridiculous. It's no longer worth the time to complete. GW used to be my favorite and now I dread it.
  • supachai
    159 posts Member
    Options
    Price to pay for gearing your toons to G10 and G11.
    For FTP, I suggest not to gear your toons beyond G9 if you wanted to complete GW on a daily basis.
    For the whale, just need to buy more meta toons and spend $$$ gearing and upgrading them.
  • Onetime7979
    1012 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    oh
  • Options
    nematocyte wrote: »
    The dodge meta needs to go. The number of people that find it boring far outweighs those that enjoy it.

Amen!

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    ChrisJBB8 wrote: »
    It's a game.

+1

GW is optional. You don't have to do it if you struggle physically and emotionally with it.

That's not true. GW is the only way to get credits. You can't just skip it.
  • Lonach
    87 posts Member
    Options
    Yes GW is quite mandatory if you want to enhance your toons...
    But it's not fun and not challenging as it should be. Today I had 3 nodes with old Ben lead, RG, Rey QGJ and another fifth.

I know how to beat beat one, two also and three but when the following node is a squad with Rex lead, echo, Leia, fives and RG I lost my humors.

Needles to say they are all gear 10 or 11... And it's only the ninth node...

For me that's broken and not fun.
  • OwexBaill
    188 posts Member
    Options
    Some find it too easy, some too hard.
    Isn't that quite an evidence, that it is indeed broken?

Furthermore, one shouldn't be forced to choose between a good arena team and a beatable GW.
    Anyways, devs are looking into that. Let's hope for the best.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why they don't simply do away with protection in the GW. It doesn't exist in challenges, and this is basically a long challenge.
  • Options
    OwexBaill wrote: »

Furthermore, one shouldn't be forced to choose between a good arena team and a beatable GW.
    Your "logic" astounds me. We're not all the same person running the same team. Of course some people are going to find it hard and some people are going to find it easy. That's true with anything, games included.

And you don't have to choose between a good Arena team and a beatable GW. You just have to make a good GW team (and not just soldier on with your Arena team), or at least build up enough other characters that you can field suicide squads and B or C teams in GW when your A team isn't cutting it.

No team is unbeatable, even if you don't have Protection and they do. My Protection is typically gone on all my toons by the 5th or 6th node, yet I've beaten GW with the same 6 toons (all on my A team, I just rotate in one toon or the other situationally) without losing anyone on any but the last node for the last two weeks straight. Ever since they changed the TM mechanic on GW.
  • OwexBaill
    188 posts Member
    Options
    OwexBaill wrote: »

Your "logic" astounds me. We're not all the same person running the same team. Of course some people are going to find it hard and some people are going to find it easy. That's true with anything, games included.

And you don't have to choose between a good Arena team and a beatable GW. You just have to make a good GW team (and not just soldier on with your Arena team), or at least build up enough other characters that you can field suicide squads and B or C teams in GW when your A team isn't cutting it.

No team is unbeatable, even if you don't have Protection and they do. My Protection is typically gone on all my toons by the 5th or 6th node, yet I've beaten GW with the same 6 toons (all on my A team, I just rotate in one toon or the other situationally) without losing anyone on any but the last node for the last two weeks straight. Ever since they changed the TM mechanic on GW.

I'm really sick of this "I can beat it so you must be a bad player" ****.
    So don't expect a response. It's not worth it. Just read a bit, ask other players and you MIGHT see where the problem with GW is. You are not aware of the issue at all, looking only at "your" GW.
    You are a good player, I'm not. Kthxbye.
  • Options
    I would like to see a comeback to the old days of GW where strategy played a big role.
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    ChrisJBB8 wrote: »
    It's a game.

+1

That's not true. GW is the only way to get credits. You can't just skip it.

I've skipped completing it for weeks. I don't have time for resetting to find which combo best avoids excessive dodging. If it wasn't optional, I would not be playing this game.
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options
    The point is not that it's "too easy" or "too hard", the point is that it's boring.

There is no diversity in GW, and you end up always fighting the same teams because they're usually drawn from other players' teams.

Considering how static the meta is, it turns GW into a chore where you're basically fighting yourself over and over again until you either die of exhaustion, or kill enough of your clones to survive another day.

On top of that, GW is necessary to progress in the game, since it's the major credits source, credits which are already a scarce ressource.
    Yes you can skip GW and be stuck, but that's not how the game is supposed to be played.

"Don't do it if you don't like it" is probably the worst advice I've ever heard. GW is a terrible game mode that provides little to no fun, and should be reworked to make it exciting.
  • papnwors
    749 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    It's boring, but I don't hate it.
    It's kind of like work, it's not fun, but if you don't do it you don't get paid.
  • Options
    Just make it more variable please. Maybe, a rebel squad, or FO. Just no more Ben/Dooku, Rey, QGJ, RG + 5th. Boring.
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options
    Just make it more variable please. Maybe, a rebel squad, or FO. Just no more Ben/Dooku, Rey, QGJ, RG + 5th. Boring.

This is exactly what I'm advocating in my GW thread.
    If you're interested: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/43958/a-galactic-sized-gw-rework-how-to-make-gw-worth-your-time#latest
  • Options
    It's a game.

+1
    I have 0 characters with gear > 8 and in GW same. So i bet if you geared your toons with gear > 8 you will get geared opponents in GW too