Does Darth Maul have a place?

Stuwart
137 posts Member
First off him being the 4th slowest and having the lowest Health and lowest Protection is pretty dumb.

But I mess around with my gear 10 lvl 80 in GW and he's not that horrible if you use Old Ben and he can live long enough to see a few enemies die. He hits decently hard and his basic is pretty awesome with killing blows against Jedi.

Does anyone use him at all in arena? I only wasted 3 furnaces on him in hopes he gets a buff in an upcoming update. But **** give some love to the Sith!

Replies

• Options
    His place is by his master's side.
  • Options
    Right in the garbage can
  • fberbert
    593 posts Member
    Options
    Maul is retired. Even at G10 (waist of raid gears) you have a lot of better options. Once we have protection, he no longer can one-shot-kill a Jedi anymore. So with low speed, he is far from be a threat.

At t7 raids for example, Rancor will have 2 turns before Maul.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Options
    He's fun in GW. He's fun in arena against a Jedi team if you have QGJ and phasma to give offense up and advantage...that's one AOE that makes purty numbers lol
  • Options
    On the bench.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • stumpoman
    442 posts Member
    Options
    Protection killed him. His only use was to one shot jedi if left alive before.
  • Options
    he has a nice apartment downtown with a view of the river. Kind of a bachelor pad though.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    One person in our server runs him. He's dead on arrival.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    There are a lot of things, that has to align before Maul can be very useful. I have him as well, I like the character in the movie and the animated series, and he dropped a lot from chromiums. I had high hopes for him, but now I only run him in GW, until he dies.. He can do magic, if he faces a full jedi team though.. By the time he got his turn (which was looong), some toons were already yellow-approaching red. It was so satisfying to watch him pick them one after another. Finished all 5 toons off.. But that only happens rarely :( If they buff him, I will gear him, otherwise he will stay as cannon fodder..
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    One time I saw Darth Maul do 2400 damage against the heroic rancor
  • anonidude
    703 posts Member
    Options
    On the bench with his bestie Eeth Koth
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Options
    His place is by his master's side.

Yep! Sid and Maul are both worthless at 80 right now. Dooku is about to join them tho, so they wont get lonely.
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Options
    He's loads of fun against Jedi teams in GW, and there's nothing wrong with having a toon that's just plain fun to play.
  • Options
    On your bench, presumably.

I enjoy using Dooku, he ends up being a decent damage dealer in T5 raids.
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • Options
    Protection killed his viability. I used him as long as I could do a combo attack and he had the opportunity to get a finishing blow, gain offense up and 100% TM. Then any Jedi on the field not named Barriss Offee was dead. But the protection update ended all that.
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    Options
    He's perfectly viable against the AI, he can be used in many game modes. I whip him out them I'm facing a few Jedi.

Against a human player ... forget it. But that's not every game mode.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Maul is too squishy and too slow to be viable. He can be fun in GW against Jedi heavy teams. He either needs savages health, a self res and high evasion, or the fastest speed in the game.

ETA: I vote for self res (at 100% Heath) and high base evasion (40%+)
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    Him and Boba are the 2 coolest looking characters but both absolute pony, hopefully get a buff one day!