Is it worth investing 400 shards into cantina, or should I save up for chromium packages.

revengeoftheewok
214 posts Member
edited January 2016
Dont know which is the better choice. I'm pretty much geared out so the extra normal 50 shards energy is just a waste of shards for me.
Pay to win-The biggest whiners on this board.

Replies

• Options
    Most people say Chromium is a waste of crystals. However, I think it depends on your situation. If you have all of the characters from the Cantina that are important to your squad maxed out, go for the chromium packs. It might take a while, but with some luck you could eventually get some good Chromium exclusive characters at a decent star level.
  • Options
    Most people say Chromium is a waste of crystals. However, I think it depends on your situation. If you have all of the characters from the Cantina that are important to your squad maxed out, go for the chromium packs. It might take a while, but with some luck you could eventually get some good Chromium exclusive characters at a decent star level.

Nah my luke is 5 star still. I need him maxed out, which is why i want the 400, and I just picked up a 3 star poe, which I need to level up. But pretty sure one chromium pull gives at least 25 shards(not sure), which is cheaper than 400 crystals. I run at least 300 shards on cantina, and I'm planning on getting at least the #2 prize which means I get a minimum of 150 shards bonus a day+dailies. I'm thinking of maybe waiting 10 days and pulling the 2k+ one? I mean it's either that or 500 extra cantina energies.. which is probably like 25-40 luke shards.
  • Breetai
    858 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Depends really.

Are there any character shards from cantina you want? Or shards in shippments? If yes I would do cantina.

If you have everyone you wanted and they are 7*. Then no I wouldn't use on cantina.

As far as packs go. I would just keep saving crystals. Unless your willing to buy a ton of packs, they are pretty useless. Example. You pull a old Ben and aayla from a pack. Yay 2 people you wanted. But now what. They are stuck at 4* unless you spend 100's on packs alone. If they made ALL shards farmable then I would be all for packs. But with pack only characters its not worth it IMHO

I'm up to a little over 6k crystals right now. I'm going to change my form and character I'm going to use are not close to being geared, but I still don't spend crystals and to keep grinding for them. Why you ask? When lvl cap gets raised,or new character with shards that need farmed are added, I have the crystals to quickly move
  • Options
    Breetai wrote: »
    Depends really.

Are there any character shards from cantina you want? Or shards in shippments? If yes I would do cantina.

If you have everyone you wanted and they are 7*. Then no I wouldn't use on cantina.

As far as packs go. I would just keep saving crystals. Unless your willing to buy a ton of packs, they are pretty useless. Example. You pull a old Ben and aayla from a pack. Yay 2 people you wanted. But now what. They are stuck at 4* unless you spend 100's on packs alone. If they made ALL shards farmable then I would be all for packs. But with pack only characters its not worth it IMHO

I'm up to a little over 6k crystals right now. I'm going to change my form and character I'm going to use are not close to being geared, but I still don't spend crystals and to keep grinding for them. Why you ask? When lvl cap gets raised,or new character with shards that need farmed are added, I have the crystals to quickly move

I dont have much experience in buying packs but the first time I did buy them, I got a nice chunk of extra shards for characters I use. I was hoping that with 8 packs I'd get more than the 25-40 shards I'd get on Luke on a character I use like Poe, Luke, Consular etc. Is this unlikely?
  • Options
    Depends really.

I dont have much experience in buying packs but the first time I did buy them, I got a nice chunk of extra shards for characters I use. I was hoping that with 8 packs I'd get more than the 25-40 shards I'd get on Luke on a character I use like Poe, Luke, Consular etc. Is this unlikely?

Extremely. You simply got lucky... All those guys you see who have 6 or 7* Chromium only toons? They spent hundreds or thousands. If you have that kind of disposable income...go for it. If not, I suggest you simply farm, and plan how to use your crystals carefully.

I was all over the place with toon farming at the beginning(still am a little lol), but no matter what I have strong toons, all of whom are farmable. The only one I am going for now who will be, and is, an extreme pain to farm is Rey...all to often I get nothing from her 6 hard battles.
  • revengeoftheewok
    214 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Depends really.

Extremely. You simply got lucky... All those guys you see who have 6 or 7* Chromium only toons? They spent hundreds or thousands. If you have that kind of disposable income...go for it. If not, I suggest you simply farm, and plan how to use your crystals carefully.

I was all over the place with toon farming at the beginning(still am a little lol), but no matter what I have strong toons, all of whom are farmable. The only one I am going for now who will be, and is, an extreme pain to farm is Rey...all to often I get nothing from her 6 hard battles.

Hmm.. I'll just save them for the update. I'll be able to level to 70 a lot faster. 400 shards on cantina refill is so pricey.
  • Options
    That's what I'm doing. I'm saving all my crystals I get from PvP for future updates.

I don't refresh cantina, and I have a very long way to go in it. Boba is 7*, farming daka now who is 6*, about half way to 7*. Poe next on list with 0 shards. That's for shippments. Shards farming kylo who just hit 5* today.

I'm thinking update hits, maybe I'll have enough crystals that I can get a huge jump on about 90% of the player base