Galactic War Proposal to make it "faster"

Amth
197 posts Member
edited June 2016
So as we get more and more raid gear, the amount of geared teams makes completing Galactic War a chore. I think we can all agree that for most, it's more of a chore than it is enjoyable. The root of the issue is protection, because as we gear to 10/11, the amount of protection basically doubles the effective health that each hero has. I have a couple proposals that would certainly make Galactic War easier and more enjoyable.

Proposal #1:

Completing Galactic War will give you a buff granting 5% damage, 5% protection, 5% health and 5% more healing. This buff stacks up to 10 times and lasts 48 hours from the time you beat Galactic War. If you beat Galactic War within that 48 hour time frame, an additional stack is gained and the timer is reset back to 48 hours.

The 5% and 10 stacks is placeholder. It could be 2% and 5 stacks. Whatever balances and feels right, and without actually testing this, I cannot say for sure what's ideal. The premise behind this is that you beat Galactic War and you are rewarded with a buff that makes successive ones easier. The reason for the 48 hour time frame is to accommodate people who run multiple ones for the guild achievement, and to allow some leeway if you are not able to play successive days for some reason.

Proposal #2:

Completing a Galactic War node will give you a buff granting 5% damage, 5% protection, 5% health and 5% more healing. This buff stacks up to 11 times and expires on successful completion of Galactic War

Again, the 5% is placeholder. This ensures that when you get to the higher nodes, you are doing significantly more damage, you have larger health pools and you heal more. However, the caveat of this is that the current Galactic War needs to be adjusted, as many will find that nodes 7-9 provide some of the toughest battles while 10-12 aren't as challenging (but still challenging none the less).

So I have two interesting proposals, the first one is probably the better of the two. A huge note about the aforementioned, is that the affixes mentioned could also include Evasion, Tenacity etc, but to keep the proposal simple, the very basic essential core affixes were represented in the examples (health, damage, protection, healing).
Looking for a Guild? Click here for our recruitment post
This discussion has been closed.