It's time we embrace Jar Jar

Dear EA,

Any chance we could get a Jar Jar Binks character? Yes, he is perhaps the most maligned character in the Star Wars universe, but he's also the most infamous. His absense in galaxy of heroes makes the game incomplete. I'm imagining a toon with taunt and evasion skills. Something that will frustrate opponents and bring to mind how annoying his presence can be. Thanks.

Replies

• Options
    I concur.
  • Options
    His basic should always miss his primary target and hit somebody else instead. It would be an effective if frustrating way to get around a taunt. Special is an AOE that inflicts confusion (offense & speed down). And of course, he should have a taunt with relatively low health but high evasion.
  • Options
    He should be in the game. He is the best character.
  • Options
    Sith Master Overlord Jar Jar Binks
  • BWSkynobi
    334 posts Member
    Options
    I would like to see him in an event similar to the Yoda challenge. Except the final 7 star stage is near impossible. You can use your entire roster but RNG makes it so only 1 character can beat him after x number of hits, and it changes with every battle. The battles take forever because he has 10% more health than the highest health toon in the game, and he dodges almost everything. Yet he does almost no damage.

People could spend days fighting him and never unlock him.
  • ThePhantomPen
    131 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I don't want to hear about any new characters until Hoth Rebel Jordan is added.

http://i.imgur.com/xo6kFn5.jpgi.imgur.com/xo6kFn5.jpg
  • Options
    His basic should always miss his primary target and hit somebody else instead. It would be an effective if frustrating way to get around a taunt. Special is an AOE that inflicts confusion (offense & speed down). And of course, he should have a taunt with relatively low health but high evasion.

I like this. Also, a unique that turns debuffs applied to jarjar into buffs. E.g. O down becomes o up, dots become hots, speed down becomes speed up, etc...
  • GuinUK
    65 posts Member
    Options

"How wwuudddeeee!"

http://swgoh.gg/u/GuinUK - 0otini - 688-542-619 - A word of advice - never read a pop-up book about giraffes.
  • BWSkynobi
    334 posts Member
    Options
    Someone had a great post with fantastic abilities for Jar Jar. I'll try and find it.
  • BWSkynobi
    334 posts Member
    Options
    Jar Jar Binks
    Description- This Gungan will be as annoying on the battlefield as he is in the original trilogy. Jar Jar has very low attack damage, but the ability to taunt and evade countless attacks
    Basic: Jar Jar's Electropole- Deal physical damage to target enemy with a 50% chance to stun
    Special: Calculated Clumsiness- Jar Jar Binks taunts for one turn. He also gains +15% evasion during this period
    Special: Gungan Grenade- Deal physical damage to all enemies and gain evasion up for 2 turns
    Unique: Gungan Resliance-Whenever Jar Jar Binks resists a negative effect he gains defense up for 1 turn
    starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jar_Jar_Binks

Posted in this thread.
    forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/441498/#Comment_441498
  • BWSkynobi
    334 posts Member
    Options
    Ok so it was the name Calculated Clumsiness that was fantastic. The rest was so so
  • Options
    Shizzaren wrote: »
    Sith Master Overlord Jar Jar Binks

Someone did their research lol. I agree 100%.. Jar jar, in the first movie, was a Sith Lord that would be the big reveal in future movies - but then Lucas chickened out after the backlash.

Worst decision ever IMO, as I feel that storyline would've justified having that **** around for 3 movies.
  • Options
    Jar Jar Bunks

Unique - Clumsy Oaf
    Jar Jar has 50 % chance to dodge any attack, even Unavoidable attacks and AOEs.
    Whenever he evades an attack , all his allies lose 30 % Turn meter and gain a random debuff.

Leader - Bumbling Fool
    All allies under Jar Jars command get all their stats halved.

Basic - Distracting Tumble
    This single-target enemy attack hits a randomly chosen target (never the one that is targetted).
    Low damage but has a 50 % chance to distract both foes and allies alike.
    50 % chance per character on the field to gain debuff Distracted for 1 turn.
    Distracted = 50 % chance to lose your turn at the start of the characters turn.
    Jar Jar himself is Stunned for 1 turn.

Special - Jar Jar Jumping the Shark
    AoE attack with Low damage with 50 % chance (per character on the field beside Jar Jar) to gain one buff / debuff chosen randomly (taken from every buff/debuff in the game).

The enemies hit also gain the Debuff "George Jar Jumped the Shark"

Jumped the Shark = Gains one stack at the start of each turn.
    When this debuff reaches 4 stacks, all enemies are defeated and Jar Jar's team wins.

• Options
    Jar Jar Bunks

Unique - Clumsy Oaf
    Jar Jar has 50 % chance to dodge any attack, even Unavoidable attacks and AOEs.
    Whenever he evades an attack , all his allies lose 30 % Turn meter and gain a random debuff.

Leader - Bumbling Fool
    All allies under Jar Jars command get all their stats halved.

Basic - Distracting Tumble
    This single-target enemy attack hits a randomly chosen target (never the one that is targetted).
    Low damage but has a 50 % chance to distract both foes and allies alike.
    50 % chance per character on the field to gain debuff Distracted for 1 turn.
    Distracted = 50 % chance to lose your turn at the start of the characters turn.
    Jar Jar himself is Stunned for 1 turn.

Special - Jar Jar Jumping the Shark
    AoE attack with Low damage with 50 % chance (per character on the field beside Jar Jar) to gain one buff / debuff chosen randomly (taken from every buff/debuff in the game).

The enemies hit also gain the Debuff "George Jar Jumped the Shark"

Jumped the Shark = Gains one stack at the start of each turn.
    When this debuff reaches 4 stacks, all enemies are defeated and Jar Jar's team wins.

These joke jar jar conceptions are funny, but in all seriousness i do hope they release a real jar jar with effective, if confusing and random, abilities.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Jar Jar Binks

Mesa...aaah...clumsy
    Basic: deals high variable physical and special dmg to any random enemy target except the one you target.

Yousa thinksa yousa peoples gunna die?
    Special 1: Jar Jar randomly buffs all allys with 1-5 buffs ranging from everything (heal/foresight/critdmgup/taunt/etc...) and debuffs all enemys with 1-5 debuffs of any type. Jar Jar also grants allys 50% tm and takes 50% tm from all enemies.

Ohh mooey mooey i love yousa!
    Unique: Jar Jar has a 50% counter chance. A 50% chance to inflict a random neg status on basics and a 50% chance to gain foresight on evasion.

Feel free to add more...this never gets old!
  • BWSkynobi
    334 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    He should dodge and counter 50% of all attacks, but his counter could hit anyone on either team.

His special should be an AOE, that puts a random buff or debuff on all toons.

His main attack should be with his tongue, that stuns, but the attack is on a random opposing character. If the stun is resisted then it stuns Jar Jar and gives all allies TM and offense up.

Self revive, and an auto taunt that is random.

Auto self heals when gets below 50% health. Auto self heals when ally is defeated. Gains full health if he is the last toon left. If he has 60% or more lhealth already , gains foresight for 4 turns.

Gains full health on self revive if he is the first toon killed.

Basically he should just be annoying and near impossible to kill.
  • HanSlowMo
    235 posts Member
    Options
    These joke jar jar conceptions are funny, but in all seriousness i do hope they release a real jar jar with effective, if confusing and random, abilities.

I agree! Jar Jar, C3PO, R2, ect. I'd love to see more non-combat type players (no, having a droid body attached to your foot while you yell and stomp in fear while said droid blaster is shooting everything in sight doesn't count as combat) in this game. Some people without blasters or lightsabers who are serious support heroes.

I'm willing to bet Jar Jar will NEVER in a million years be in this game though...
  • Darthenstein
    1205 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    giphy.gif

Jar-jar-Binks-Gif.gif?gs=a

201512161758-cet13-jarjar11.gif

1445605707-binks-3.gif

jar-jar-binks.gif

tumblr_mmyhr8rMM41s73ycwo1_500.gif

• Options
    They should just include him in the background scenes. Like how they do in the Lego Droid Tales where they just randomly have him shot......
  • Options
    I'd like to see him and bring in little Ani so you could have a synergy team with Jar jar, QGJ
  • Options
    HanSlowMo wrote: »

I agree! Jar Jar, C3PO, R2, ect. I'd love to see more non-combat type players (no, having a droid body attached to your foot while you yell and stomp in fear while said droid blaster is shooting everything in sight doesn't count as combat) in this game. Some people without blasters or lightsabers who are serious support heroes.

I'm willing to bet Jar Jar will NEVER in a million years be in this game though...

Sadly I think you're right :/ Probs won't even get Padme
  • Options
    cp6Nd6X.jpg
  • Darthenstein
    1205 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    cp6Nd6X.jpg

Loving it :smiley:

When Jar Jar does his pop-up peekabo thingy like that, random enemy distracted and misses a turn?
  • Options
    I think the Clone Wars cartoon actually does him some justice. I don't mind him at all.
  • Aminon
    34 posts Member
    Options
    Jar jar becomes an ambassador for the gungand and just kinda disappears. The senate still exists all the way through Force awakens. Jar Jar has to still be alive in the Star Wars universe.
    Hes a character everyone loved to hate. He should of been a sith.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Jar jar originally was the sith lord manipulating sidious...he was rewritten in movie due to negative feedback.

Which im sure broke George Lucas's heart and pushed him over the edge and caused him to cave and sell out to disney.