Taunt Immediately Disappears With Ackbar Lead

NCNER8R
162 posts Member
While it happens infrequently, I have finally confirmed it does happen. I have observed it occur with both Royal Guard, Chewie, and I believe Sun Fac (on different squads). The sequence is as follows: You taunt with Chewie and it triggers Ackbar's Leader Ability (Rebel Coordination). Once activated, taunt immediately disappears without prior to the next action by either teams toons. Also, when RG auto-taunts it sometimes, albeit rarely, immediately disappears.

I have noticed the same thing with Sun Fac. I understand that, right now, Sun Fac does not enact Rebel Coordination (bugged?), but that is not what I am talking about. When using a Sun Fac taunt, it has a chance to immediately disappear with Ackbar lead.

Anyone else notice this??

Replies

• MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Do you happen to have tactical genius up as well? Because that gives the toon 100% TM and Chewie only taunts for one turn unless you have him omega'd
  • NCNER8R
    162 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    You know that is most likely what is going on. I will monitor it more closely.

I can't believe I didn't think about that. It is most likely the reason and explains why it happens so rarely (because it requires him to receive the rebel coordination in conjunction with taunt).
  • Options
    I remember a fight in GW before Tactical Genius was changed where the opponent had Akbar and Chewie left. Chewie taunted, Akbar did TG and Chewie went again but his taunt was gone. The next turn so was Akbar. I thought it was a very ironic thing for Akbar to do given the name of the skill.
  • NCNER8R
    162 posts Member
    Options
    LOL
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Yea I run Ackbar lead myself and his skills make it harder to do auto battles at times in arena.
  • NCNER8R
    162 posts Member
    Options
    I have been able to climb to #1, even today, without much issue and am usually in the top 20 (late December server) despite most groups in the top 10 have 3000-4000 more power than my group. I have had blazing success with Ackbar (L), Leia, Rey, RG, and Sun Fac. Sun Fac's A/I is atrocious though. I have been experimenting with pulling him (Sun Fac) near the top 5 pvp when I am on my last attempt. He is food for the wolves when AI has control of him.

MAYBE.....if they were so kind......they would allow rebel coordination to kick in when Sun Fac taunts...

I guess it all comes down to whether or not Sun Fac's chance at Offense Down and TM removal counts as an attack.

Have you used any other tanks where they have a latent OFFENSIVE ability that is enacted with taunt whereby Rebel Coordination still kicks in?
  • NCNER8R
    162 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I guess maybe Poe? He has expose on Taunt. Do you know if he enacts Rebel Coordination?

I would check, but I do not have him 8-0
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    The only tanks I have built up are RG and Han so idk, I'll have Sun Fac ready soon but I need credits.
  • Options
    I'm pretty certain Poe does not trigger Rebel Coordination because he DOES trigger Fire At Will (Phasma's lead).
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • godgiven45
    1093 posts Member
    Options
    Another thing about using tactical genius is don't use it on hoth rebel scout. If scout critical hits then you loose 1 turn because you only get the 100% tm once
  • NCNER8R
    162 posts Member
    Options
    @ godgiven45. Wow. That stinks in regards to Hoth Rebel Scout. I try not to run a full rebel squad. Just trying to proc Leia as many times as possible 8-) So she is the only rebel I run outside of Ackbar. If only I had a max Lando though 8-0
  • Options
    NCNER8R wrote: »
    @ godgiven45. Wow. That stinks in regards to Hoth Rebel Scout. I try not to run a full rebel squad. Just trying to proc Leia as many times as possible 8-) So she is the only rebel I run outside of Ackbar. If only I had a max Lando though 8-0

He doesn't help in PvP. :(:(:(

No matter how high you gear him up, all you see when you attack is DODGE DODGE DODGE DODGE.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride