Dengar. Character model.

Aminon
34 posts Member
Anyone notice that Dengar and Magmatrooper have similiar character models the guns only have minor chsnges there stance is the same and the backpack is only slightly changed. Besides overall cosmetics it seems it is a base character model.

Replies

• Seku
    575 posts Member
    Options
    Magma trooper
    http://i.imgur.com/PFXI5kb.jpg

Dengar
    http://i.imgur.com/Rj21fP6.jpg

It is the same weapon, but I agree they should remove the bottom part of Dengar's weapon so it does look different and like it actually is.
  • Options
    Not surprising. I'm sure the devs will do whatever necessary to reduce labor costs. A similar game called Dungeon Boss did the same thing when producing new characters. Sometimes it was little more than a color change to the same model.
  • Options
    Good to hear! Was worried they'd use the Ewok base-model at first!
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Rj21fP6.jpg
    PFXI5kb.jpg
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    the only similarities is see.. Both have guns.. Two arms, two feet.. Etc
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    J0K3R wrote: »
    the only similarities is see.. Both have guns.. Two arms, two feet.. Etc

I'm pretty sure OP is talking about in game character model
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    I'm surprised they chose such a minor character. There are more popular and interesting bounty hunters such as Aurra Sing.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    I'm surprised they chose such a minor character. There are more popular and interesting bounty hunters such as Aurra Sing.

I actually like this character and he has nice abilitys I am heavily considering farming him if he is farmable at the end of the month
  • Options

And Embo, don't forget Embo
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    They actually have done this with quite a few characters.
  • Samantha
    345 posts Member
    Options
    Love Embo.
  • SDziad
    150 posts Member
    Options
    Well,
    Aurra - 2 sec. scene in TPM
    Embo - no scenes in movies
    Dengar - appear in TESB and ROTJ in some scenes

And to remind, many people hates prequels and don't care to have anything related to them (especially the cartoon, even if TCW was very good series and introduced lots of great characters). Meanwhile, Dengar appears in the best SW movie as part of the Bounty Hunter squad, which was beloved by fans because they looked cool and awesome. Boba, Dengar, 4-LOM, Zuckuss, Bossk and IG-88 will be always more famous.
    My favourite Bounty Hunter is Embo btw, but he's never going to be as known as characters from OT.
  • Igor08
    221 posts Member
    Options
    They probably did it purely because they can save time and money by just putting a new head on an existing body. That's pretty much all the recent new characters have been - old character models with new heads and a $200 price tag.