RAID Exploit!

Prev1
According to dev updates:
Players can no longer reset their Raid attempts by moving their device clock forward.

OK now we know why so many people are getting millions of damage.. this makes sense...

Replies

• OoUndead
    212 posts Member
    Options
    Im so sad about not thinking about it the first time ! It's like the oldest trick of all time in Mobile game !
  • C3POwn
    507 posts Member
    Options
    And they should ban anyone who did this
  • Options
    C3POwn wrote: »

Darn skippy
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    Wow, what terrible design. The client should always ping for server time to check for resets... That's just lazy coding right there.
  • Daigouji
    14 posts Member
    Options
    Nintendo, had it from day one. Anyone ever play Animal Crossing? Hmmm... Get your prize faster, sure, but Resetti will know.
  • OoUndead
    212 posts Member
    Options
    Daigouji wrote: »
    Nintendo, had it from day one. Anyone ever play Animal Crossing? Hmmm... Get your prize faster, sure, but Resetti will know.

Yeah this is exactly the game that crossed my mind ! You could change the time but you'll get sideeffect !
    ahah
  • Rebel
    19 posts Member
    Options
    OoUndead wrote: »
    Im so sad about not thinking about it the first time ! It's like the oldest trick of all time in Mobile game !

I know right. I have mixed feelings on this.
    Mad that it happened and mad that I didn't think of it. It's so basic, I can't believe it was possible.
  • Options
    Rebel wrote: »

I know right. I have mixed feelings on this.
    Mad that it happened and mad that I didn't think of it. It's so basic, I can't believe it was possible.

Don't be mad didn't. Be glad you didn't. If they can identify who used this, expect a heavy dose of ban-hammer.
  • Options
    Wow, my wife does this to get more moves for Candy Crush.
    I hope they catch them and my wife (JK as long as she is addicted I can play without her noticing.)
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi_Yoda wrote: »
    Players can no longer reset their Raid attempts by moving their device clock forward.

OK now we know why so many people are getting millions of damage.. this makes sense...

Or people were actually doing millions of damage
  • Annastrasza
    1766 posts Member
    Options
    They won't ban anyone at this time. I mean whales were involved in this exploit they would hey ban he cash cow.

Tops...a warning will be issued and they will update this in a patch.

No one is getting banned.
  • negroman
    23 posts Member
    Options
    ROFL i mean i dont know what else to say. its 2016 and they werent using server time lmao. no wonder it takes these guys months to fix bugs. actually nevermind, bugs arent even fixed yet LUL
  • marydare
    117 posts Member
    Options
    I'm actually impressed they admitted this was ever a thing. Awkward!
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    Options

I like to think that I am above this type of thinking so I am GLAD I did not think of this.. this is sneaky and undermines gaming rules of etiquette..in my opinion..

I say.. Winners never cheat, cheaters never win.

• Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    Options
    Toukai wrote: »
    Wow, what terrible design. The client should always ping for server time to check for resets... That's just lazy coding right there.

Yeah dropped ball for sure.. I remember doing this YEARS ago, but not online just single player games.. but it was never worth the effort.. You would think this type of thing should not happen ESPECIALLY since the game is server based.. not client based.
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    Options
    They won't ban anyone at this time. I mean whales were involved in this exploit they would hey ban he cash cow.

Tops...a warning will be issued and they will update this in a patch.

No one is getting banned.

Uh.. rules are rules, no one is above reproach this is EXACTLY the type of thinking of why high profile people like government officials and celebrities get a pass..

money does NOT excuse you from doing wrong. Simple integrity 101. WE do NOT let anyone exploit just to win or get ahead. PERIOD.

If you think that way, perhaps you were one of the culprits... Money does not make the world go around contrary to popular belief.

Good behavior, etiquette, karma and solid values.. that is the basis for society, cheating is NOT welcome at ANY level.
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    Options
    marydare wrote: »

Well full disclosure, they don't want this to turn out to be a scandal that would be bad for ALL of their games not just this one. I am glad they came clean.

Who else knows what else they are hiding.. but at LEAST it appears they are doing the right thing.

I still say EA is one of my favorite game vendors, if they didn't make this game I probably would not be playing it.
  • negroman
    23 posts Member
    Options

Well full disclosure, they don't want this to turn out to be a scandal that would be bad for ALL of their games not just this one. I am glad they came clean.

Who else knows what else they are hiding.. but at LEAST it appears they are doing the right thing.

I still say EA is one of my favorite game vendors, if they didn't make this game I probably would not be playing it.

CG made this game tho, EA is only the parent company. much like that mirror's edge game by DICE, which is also EA's subsidiary. now mirror's edge is something we could look forward to, that game looks really good and the beta demo was great, maybe because DICE is actually good, AND they are swedish, unlike some other EA subsidiary we all know ;)
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    Glad they said it instead of people finding out eventually. But yeah pretty much a big fail and the list is getting longer by the day which is sad.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    And I almost felt bad force closing during GW the first month. The reaction was overheated here and blown out of proportion if you compare it to the rest of the exploits. Like guild hopping which was illegal, then legal and now illegal because it will be fixed.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    That is weird, I once tried doing it to get more energy months ago and it definitely didn't work so a strange error
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hobnob wrote: »
    That is weird, I once tried doing it to get more energy months ago and it definitely didn't work so a strange error

It may not work for currency or daily rewards but it specifically refers to RAIDS... so maybe the RAID counter is reset.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

It is possible. I've gotten to a million in just a couple fights with a really good RNG in Phase 1 before.
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

It is possible. I've gotten to a million in just a couple fights with a really good RNG in Phase 1 before.

Yes I know its possible my point is how many people use this exploit to gain damage, because not everyone has 20 7* to cover every RAID attempt.. so I am thinking that a few will be squashed because they cannot gain from this exploit.

People share knowledge, so its not out of the realm of possibility that some unsavory guilds will use anything to their advantage.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    ESPECIALLY since the game is server based.. not client based.
    @Jedi_Yoda
    This game IS client based. All your battles and ratios are held client side, and then they send the information to the server when you have finished. Basically, your client tells the server "I beat x team with y moves in z time."

This is why you can have hackers get to top spots by messing with their damage ratios. It isn't a server side hack, it's a client side hack.

Regardless, the client itself should have been written to check for actual server time before unlocking aspects of the game. That's just basic design.... wow.. never mind.. the second I finished writing that it occurs to me they haven't followed basic design since launch. I can think of no other game that isolated half of its community with a gear wall and all the other junk they do.

I retract my statement, they have no idea what they're doing and this is 100% expected.
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Toukai wrote: »
    ESPECIALLY since the game is server based.. not client based.
    @Jedi_Yoda
    This game IS client based. All your battles and ratios are held client side, and then they send the information to the server when you have finished. Basically, your client tells the server "I beat x team with y moves in z time."

This is why you can have hackers get to top spots by messing with their damage ratios. It isn't a server side hack, it's a client side hack.

Regardless, the client itself should have been written to check for actual server time before unlocking aspects of the game. That's just basic design.... wow.. never mind.. the second I finished writing that it occurs to me they haven't followed basic design since launch. I can think of no other game that isolated half of its community with a gear wall and all the other junk they do.

I retract my statement, they have no idea what they're doing and this is 100% expected.

Wrong ideology. Its SERVER based your client does NOT hold the data, the SERVER does. The client sends requests to the SERVER.

The server handles ALL transactions.

There is thin client and there is fat client. We are using a thin client our devices maybe do some RNG but thats about it every other send is done via the server. The server pushes updates to the client.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    @Jedi_Yoda that's what I meant mate, it's weird that they didn't use the same server time protection for raids as they did for the rest of the game
  • marydare
    117 posts Member
    Options

I agree totally. I am a new kid (month & a half in) and I have been really impressed with CG's communication to the player base so far. Before this I played another SW MMO where it was spectacularly, bafflingly bad, and they never admitted to any mistakes no matter how well documented.

If the promised communication about precrafting this week errs on the side of full disclosure too, they may win my heart forever.

(Not to start a discussion about that; just saying that since I missed the precraft thing and I need fifteen + droid callers beyond the one I've been able to craft in a month of raiding, it would be helpful to know the logic of why furnaces are in shipments and they're not. But please don't derail the thread on my account. :# )
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    Options
    Hobnob wrote: »
    @Jedi_Yoda that's what I meant mate, it's weird that they didn't use the same server time protection for raids as they did for the rest of the game

Yup, agree with you there.
  • Options
    Public Embarrassment to developers worldwide.

And we just keep paying... Like fools.