Obvious solution

Baggodi
404 posts Member
edited June 2016
If the devs refuse to even acknowledge that dodge is screwed up shouldn't they at least reduce the ai rng advantage.

That way if ai is dodging everything at several times the rate player controlled characters do they aren't also applying debuffs at an increased rate as well.

And before some lackwit responds that it's confirmation bias or some other term they learned in psych 101 at community college here are my averages for a two week period:

Player controlled squad average dodge per match 1.24

AI controlled squad average dodge per match 6.2

I didn't record debuffs rates but will admit that the disparity isn't quite as pronounced . However it is still noticable.

Replies

• Thysk
    85 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Baggodi wrote: »
    If the devs refuse to even acknowledge that dodge is screwed up shouldn't they at least reduce the ai rng advantage.

That way if ai is dodging everything at several times the rate player controlled characters do they aren't also applying debuffs at an increased rate as well.

And before some lackwit responds that it's confirmation bias or some other term they learned in psych 101 at community college here are my averages for a two week period:

Player controlled squad average dodge per match 1.24

AI controlled squad average dodge per match 6.2

I didn't record debuffs rates but will admit that the disparity isn't quite as pronounced . However it is still noticable.

I'm not going to say that you are wrong about the dodge rates. I don't know. But from your evidence I can't say you know either (aside from two weeks being a small sample).

See there are a lot of factors that you aren't including.

Off the top of my head:
    Are you fighting all Dooku,Lumi,Ben leads?
    Do you use Phasma/Qui-Gon/Rex?
    Do you attack a lot of Lumi's/Ben's and you don't use characters with Evasion Up?
    How do you classify attacking into Forbearance?

There are a lot of factors about your team and the opposing teams that could make your numbers be spot on, _and_ have nothing wrong.
  • IamTex
    44 posts Member
    Options
    On the debuff rates -- the imbalance between when my Phasma applies 5 speed downs on Fusillade vs when an enemy Phasma applies 5 speed downs. It ain't scientific at all, but man is there a disconnect there!!!
  • Baggodi
    404 posts Member
    Options
    I'm attacking all different teams. My shard is fairly diverse as far as team composition.

I'm also varying my team considerably.

The other problem with the numbers I ran is that I came across 3 instances of old ben getting six dodges in a row when he was the last ai toon left. Obviously this skews the numbers a bit, but honestly after two weeks of recording data on a GAME I decided that griping is more entertaining than number crunching.

Lol.

And thanks for taking the time to reply.
  • darkside
    287 posts Member
    Options
    Ok
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Baggodi wrote: »
    I'm attacking all different teams. My shard is fairly diverse as far as team composition.

I'm also varying my team considerably.

The other problem with the numbers I ran is that I came across 3 instances of old ben getting six dodges in a row when he was the last ai toon left. Obviously this skews the numbers a bit, but honestly after two weeks of recording data on a GAME I decided that griping is more entertaining than number crunching.

Lol.

And thanks for taking the time to reply.

I like the honesty! +1

It doesn't help at all, but I have had a bizarre few weeks of very few dodges. I'm just at the extreme far side of RNG I'm sure. I'm going to assume based on what I see on the forums, that's not the norm.
  • Options
    I don't mind the dodge except when they hit 4 or 5 in a row. The other day I had an AI RG dodge 5 of 6 straight attacks with no Dooku lead. Really?? Even with Dooku that's ridiculous. Threw away a full round of attacks including 86's special. Game over because then he taunted and chewed up another round (dodging 2 more attacks for good measure). Almost threw my tablet out the window.