Royal Guard auto taunt problem with flurry of blows

So earlier a fella commented about Rey's Flurry of Blows special and how it seemed unfair that all 3 attacks can be dodged, when it should be viewed as 3 attacks, with separate dodge chances for each attack.
Someone then pointed out its because although it appears as 3 attacks, it is classed as one attack. Fair point.
But this contradicts itself when it comes to Royal Guard's auto-taunt.
If a character has above 50% health and is killed with one attack by anyone (or even an assist), RG does not auto-taunt.
However if a character has above 50% health and is killed with flurry of blows, RG will auto-taunt, leaving that character dead and RG taunting.
So it sounds like with the dodge, flurry of blows is considered one attack, where either all 3 hit, or none hit.
But with the auto-taunt, it is classed as 3 separate attacks. With the first or second strike dropping the toons health below 50%, activating the auto-taunt, before the second or third attack kills the toon.

Seems inconsistent. Should either be that each flurry of blow shot has its own dodge chance, or RG shouldnt taunt.

Replies

• darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I've found just the opposite. Flurry doesn't proc rgs taunt. An assist attack does if the first assister doesn't kill the toon on first hit
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    darkensoul wrote: »
    I've found just the opposite. Flurry doesn't proc rgs taunt. An assist attack does if the first assister doesn't kill the to on first

It will process if the first blow doesn't kill it. The situation you brought up is two separate attacks from more than one toon.
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    Options
    Perhaps the first hit from flurry is killing the toon for me before the 2nd and 3rd hits come in. I know assists do proc taunt tho
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I've found just the opposite. Flurry doesn't proc rgs taunt. An assist attack does if the first assister doesn't kill the to on first

It will process if the first blow doesn't kill it. The situation you brought up is two separate attacks from more than one toon.

Yes I caught tbat. Good observation by op tho
  • scuba
    14182 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I have seen it also. I am guessing because it causes damage up to 4 times and if drops below 50% before the final damage drops kills the character then auto taunt will trigger. If the last damage kills from above 50% it doesn't trigger. Not saying it is right one way or the other but I am pretty sure that is how it is processing.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    I have seen it also. I am guessing because it causes damage up to 4 times and if drops below 50% before the final damage drops kills the character then auto taunt will trigger. If the last damage kills from above 50% it doesn't trigger. Not saying it is right one way or the other but I am pretty sure that is how it is processing.

Well his point is that if each hit is treated separately when the damage is calculated then how come each hit doesn't attempt hit separately instead of hitting or missing with all the hits.
  • scuba
    14182 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

Well his point is that if each hit is treated separately when the damage is calculated then how come each hit doesn't attempt hit separately instead of hitting or missing with all the hits.

Yup i got that just giving a thought on why it does it. Only the Dev's can say if it is as intended or not.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    Perhaps the first hit from flurry is killing the toon for me before the 2nd and 3rd hits come in. I know assists do proc taunt tho

I believe this is accurate.
  • Options

That's exactly it. Each strike needs to have its own dodge chance, where 2 can hit and 1 can be dodged, or Royal Guard doesn't proc auto taunt.... depending on how the Devs want to interpret the attack