Inconsistency regarding assist attacks

I was of the opinion that assist attacks (e.g. Qgj's or GS' special) are treated as one attack and not as to separate attacks. As a consequence, if you attack a toon that benefits from foresight, both attackers will be evaded. Fine for me.

In contrast, if one plays against an Old Ben led team and an assist attack is used and evaded, the evading toon will receive tm up for both toons that attacked, i.e. The toon calling for an ally to assist and the assisting toon. Also, if only the assisting toon's attack is evaded, the target will receive tm.

The latter can also be seen with regard to Doku led teams as the target will gain offence up although only the assisting toon's attack was evaded.

Finally, sth will also give tm to his allies twice while he is taunting and is being attacked with an assist attack. This, however, might be considered consistent as sth gives tm to his allies whenever he receives DAMAGE and not only when he is attacked.

In my view, assist attacks should either count as one attack or two separate attacks throughout the game.

Replies

• Stuwart
    137 posts Member
    Options
    Players that get a Bonus Attack such as Dooku or Leia knock the foresight off on the first strike and the second hits. Which is annoying because as you've said an assist doesn't do that.
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    Options
    agree! tons of inconsistency in the game!
    swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007
  • Options
    Stuwart wrote: »
    Players that get a Bonus Attack such as Dooku or Leia knock the foresight off on the first strike and the second hits. Which is annoying because as you've said an assist doesn't do that.

That is exactly why leia can't be countered with foresight, instead you need dispel/ remove stealth which are rare and reason why leia is so good. ;)
    Also about assists, phasmas leader assist can hit if the 1st attack is a miss due to foresight or evade and what makes her a good leader.
  • scuba
    14066 posts Member
    Options
    Yet something else that is broke and will unfortunately never get fixed or will be told working as intended.
  • Options
    As much as I like Yoda tactics, they really need to get rid of the Foresight double dodge. It's inconsistent, inconsequent and illogical.

Assist attacks triggering Ben twice makes sense though.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Wadlinq
    100 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Stuwart wrote: »

This is especially annoying for the Ewok assist attack tho, if chirpa calls all ewoks + another ally against a target with foresight, all attacks will dodge.
  • Guldaan
    10 posts Member
    Options
    It is not logical that an assist attack can be evaded while a second attack hits.

The assist attack should hit too.