[Video] The other side to the Empire event

Prev1
KeKattia
1118 posts Member
edited June 2016
Hey guys

This post is not intended to be a brag, I want to justify, why some people say the event is not as difficult as advertised.

There has been a lot of talk about this event and many people say the event is too hard. I agree that for a majority of players the event will not be manageable in the first go. However, there are other people who are saying the event is too easy.

Regarding the following description, would you not expect something that would, at least in some way, challenge your squad?

"Empire Assault
Event Start Time: June 2nd
This new type of event is meant to be challenging and is tuned for level 80 players.
Structure of Event:
Visible at level 75, unlock at 78.
Difficulty is tuned for 5 level 80 characters at 6-7 stars with maxed out gear and abilities.
Battle 8 waves of Empire forces.
3 waves, then a sub-boss: Darth Vader
3 more waves then a boss fight: Emperor Palpatine & Royal Guards
Requires Rebel and/or Clone characters
Rewards are:
Shards of Empire characters. (excluding Darth Vader)
Items for Empire characters.
Difficulty is very high."

EDIT: So since most people don't even bother scrolling a bit to see an underpowered team clearing the event I'll post it here:

https://youtu.be/4XC1UzLn2Lw

Here is the video of that run that made me say the event is easier than we were told:

https://youtu.be/Zu7t74W3xmM

Post edited by KeKattia on

Replies

• Vodeux
    55 posts Member
    Options
    U have 7 star leia, wedge, echo and rex all gear 9 and 10's, Obviously uve sent quite a few coins. U want challenge? Y dont u try and beat the event with ftp toons like biggs, and luke then post how easy it is then? Keep up such posts and ud find ud be the only one playing the in the future as all will leave, congrats on rank 1 2 and 3 by urself
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Vodeux wrote: »
    U have 7 star leia, wedge, echo and rex all gear 9 and 10's, Obviously uve sent quite a few coins. U want challenge? Y dont u try and beat the event with ftp toons like biggs, and luke then post how easy it is then? Keep up such posts and ud find ud be the only one playing the in the future as all will leave, congrats on rank 1 2 and 3 by urself

I did not want to make a statement the event is too easy. I just wanted to show why some people are saying the event is too easy. If you look at what is said in the community update I would expect a challenge for my maxed toons.

I am glad in some way the event is not as difficult, because that means more people get to complete it. On the other hand I am frustrated because I was excited to get a challenge for my maxed team. Had they made tiers of difficulty it would have been awesome even if rewards were the same. I guess I just expected too much.

EDIT: I will record a run, where I use my ftp toons later when I have the time, if it helps, I can do it, it takes time but still not that difficult even though I only have Han and Fives maxed.
    Post edited by KeKattia on
  • Ashishin
    160 posts Member
    Options
    @Vodeux

I believe he posted the video as perspective on the Hard vs. Easy discussions.

So.... you're **** at him because he chooses to spend money, which makes this event easy for him, when you choose to be FTP ?
    Did I get that right?
    Much butt hurt I sense in you, this is why you fail...
  • Vodeux
    55 posts Member
    Options
    nope i was just hatin cause it took me at least 50 times to complete all 3 and wasted about $5M leveling toons. In hindsight the reward didnt justify the investment. But then again im thinking its also gonna be a waste of time responding to u as well
    Ashishin wrote: »
    @Vodeux

I believe he posted the video as perspective on the Hard vs. Easy discussions.

So.... you're **** at him because he chooses to spend money, which makes this event easy for him, when you choose to be FTP ?
    Did I get that right?

• Hbk146
    215 posts Member
    Options
    Why r the whales complaining about it being easy? That is the exact point of investing thousands of dollars... So it becomes easy. Would be wrong if they struggled like the ftp guys.
  • Options
    Geez people the guy just wanted to show you why he and others says it was easy. I would expect it to be harder to even if I spent 1 million as per the description. And I can't even do it as all I got is fives and St han.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Hbk146 wrote: »
    Why r the whales complaining about it being easy? That is the exact point of investing thousands of dollars... So it becomes easy. Would be wrong if they struggled like the ftp guys.

Wanted to respond but i couldn't have said it clearer than this.
  • Options
    Alexone wrote: »

In his defense the description said it would be hard even with Max gear/leveled toons.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »

In his defense the description said it would be hard even with Max gear/leveled toons.

There is no need for defense as there are no accusations here...that's what a lot of money put in this game does. Makes things a lot easier. And it's working exactly as it should. If i would put 3k in the game but i wouldn't be able to complete this event you think i would put another dime again? It needs to be easy for the whales so that f2p have a chance too. Balanced. That being said i've read all kinds of reports that this event is not that easy. Yes, there are some f2p 'chest beaters', but overall this is a solid event and very well thought out. Again, from what i've read so far...me, i can't even get past stage 1 at the moment.
  • Options
    With several people beating it with quite underdeveloped squads (albeit expending many tries to do so) I would say it might not have lived up to the billing. Definetly didn't provide any real challenge to our KeKattia. I was also under the impression you would be needing to be pretty close to max with your characters. Maybe not G10 or more and no omegas but I definetly thought G9, abilities close to maxed was a requirement as well as being 80 if you didn't have 7*.

All in all it was a nice event and I've enjoyed the 'survival mode' of it even if it wasn't as hard. But of course good synergies also makes it less hard. KeKattia definetly sits on a well synergized team and probably even better synergy than my Ackbar, Leia, ST Han, Lando and Rebel Scout. But seriously Rebel Scout, what a champ for this event.
  • Options
    Rebel Scout is utterly boss. I wish I'd gone for a rebel team sooner.

And applying retribution with an Ackbar lead. Crazy fun.

I'm far from competing this yet, though.
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    Thank you Moderatus and @ItsJarJarBinkz

@Alexone you are right to some extent, if it had been too hard it would have kept me from putting in more money (however, I have stopped spending since Echo came out anyway). I'm mainly disappointed that the event didn't live up to the description.

Also @Vodeux I did record my run with an ftp team. True my Han and Fives are still better geared than those of most ftp, but the rest of the team is quite a bit below max. I still didn't find it too challenging as I was essentially just trying and am now 2/2 with that team.

• Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    https://youtu.be/wLdnUNsZtlc

Darn you man, you keep confusing me with your avatar. Time for me to make a change :D
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    I agree that this event was too easy, I was really hoping for a challenge like the old school Yoda event that required like 20 attempts minimum. On Reddit they claimed this would be the hardest event in the game but it just turned into another boring auto challenge like the rest of them. I made it all the way to the last level without even being attacked my first time through on manual.
  • RonTom
    268 posts Member
    Options
    I beat the event pretty easily with Ackbar-St Han-Lando-Biggs and an under leveled and under starred HRS. So yes, the description of the event was a bit off, and I have only FTP toons.
  • Vodeux
    55 posts Member
    Options
    KeKattia wrote: »

@Alexone you are right to some extent, if it had been too hard it would have kept me from putting in more money (however, I have stopped spending since Echo came out anyway). I'm mainly disappointed that the event didn't live up to the description.

Also @Vodeux I did record my run with an ftp team. True my Han and Fives are still better geared than those of most ftp, but the rest of the team is quite a bit below max. I still didn't find it too challenging as I was essentially just trying and am now 2/2 with that team.

Wow i dont recognize what gear level ur 5's and sth is, is that gear xii and xiii respectively?
  • Options
    Surely any event is going to be easy if you own all of the toons maxed stars / maxed gear?? And any that aren't everyone calls for a nerf (yoda event comes to mind)
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Well... I mean... Yeah, of course it's going to be easy if you have a full squad of level 80 characters at gear level 9 and seven stars. There's practically no room for growth left for those characters. An event can't be considered "Too easy" for people who vastly overlevel it.

I recently saw that I'm almost out of those crummy level 1 reward power cells from the Int gear Tank battle, so I've stopped doing the T4 version of that event in favor of doing the T2 version. I'm not about to claim that the T2 version is too easy as a result...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Well... I mean... Yeah, of course it's going to be easy if you have a full squad of level 80 characters at gear level 9 and seven stars. There's practically no room for growth left for those characters. An event can't be considered "Too easy" for people who vastly overlevel it.

I recently saw that I'm almost out of those crummy level 1 reward power cells from the Int gear Tank battle, so I've stopped doing the T4 version of that event in favor of doing the T2 version. I'm not about to claim that the T2 version is too easy as a result...

But the event was described to be designed for a maxed out squad
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Aero wrote: »
    Then why would it be available to players below level 80 who can't possibly max out a squad?

The likelyhood is that it's tuned for a maxed out squad of whatever level unlocks it, 77 or 78 or whatever.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • fishcake
    16 posts Member
    Options
    KeKattia wrote: »

Wow i dont recognize what gear level ur 5's and sth is, is that gear xii and xiii respectively?

Sir, gear level doesnt depend on how much money you spend in game, it depends on your guild. a lot of FTP can max their toons' gear if they are in the right guild. Also, havent you noticed it says the event is difficult even with max gear max star? and KK' opinion is just disagree.
    Da fakgay
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options

Then why would it be available to players below level 80 who can't possibly max out a squad?
    The likelyhood is that it's tuned for a maxed out squad of whatever level unlocks it, 77 or 78 or whatever.

You do have a point, actually the clones do not (except omega) have any room to grow anymore. And the tank challenge I've been autoing ever since so I never even bothered to call nerf when Windu was a bit harder and also didn't bother the tier I did.

I do not know why they would make the event available to people below level 80, but when they say it is tuned for level 80 6-7* max gear and ability I kind of expected it to be like that and not that I need to maxed toons and Ackbar at g8 to complete
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options

Fives is g10, his current max gear. Han is g11 his currently highest gear level, he needs one more piece to be maxed for now though. They both are staples in my arena team and I have focused on them and the other clones for the good part of the last 3 months before people were even talking about a clone meta and before the protection update
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options

So they can view it, take a Crack at it to see how close they are, and start prepping for the next go around. Running for a max squad should still leave add little room for strategy to win just below max.
  • Options
    There are plenty of ways of balancing the event so it would have been as hard as advertised while also making it worthwhile for those who could not complete it.

And yes, the developers have a challenge in figuring out a way to keep the game interesting to whales and within reach to ftp and they more often than not do a decent job at this.

However, if they are going to set expectations clearly high, which is Ke's point than its fair to be disappointed that it did not reach these expectations.

Providing fair feedback from this perspective is valuable I feel in helping them adjust for the next event.
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

@Vodeux I have a mostly maxed squad of FtP heroes, AA, Luke, Biggs, St Han, HR Scout. Almost 34k power. None of the pay characters. While I can see that this event would be difficult for those with low power Rebels, it was advertised as being a challenge for high level squads. It isn't. It was a walk in the park.
    On average, my squad takes maybe one hit total per round from the enemy. Many rounds the opposition doesn't even get one shot. I haven't seen Palps attack once. The only baddies that attack more than once are the RG at the end, and they all ineffectually beat on St Han.
    The event really isn't tuned for the max level characters like they claimed. Probably a good thing though because there would be even more complaints if it were.
    Toodles.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    Darn you man, you keep confusing me with your avatar. Time for me to make a change :D

Haha I changed mine yesterday, didn't even realise someone had the same avatar

Nice team you have built there once they are all maxed you're gonna love them ;)
  • Panna
    210 posts Member
    Options
    I find your lack of Lando disturbing.

Seriously though ;)
    ARK - Alliance Of Rebel Knights | Editor & Graphics Designer | https://swgoh.gg/u/panna/
  • Options
    I beat the event with 5 star hrs 7 star Han 7 star fives 6 star ackbar and 4 star lobot who isn't even level 40. Trick is to balance your healing and Han is important for last stage and focus emperor. I didn't think I would have any chance but it's not too bad
  • Kabbes
    430 posts Member
    Options
    For the record, my G9 Ackbar, G9 Han and G10 Luke can also finish the event every time really easily, with a couple of level 1s that die in the first AOE.

With the right few toons, the event is indeed easy. Without them, it undoubtedly becomes impossible. Just like the other events, really.