Energy regen

Is it just me or does this game have an absurdly slow energy regeneration timer? Don't most games range in the 1-3min per regen point? This feels like play once a day, put away, come back tomorrow? The only thing that I keep coming back for are the challenge and pvp timers

Replies

• Options
    Energy recharge rates have always crawled along in this game.
  • KidKafka
    62 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Seriously 1-3 minutes?! I wanna play those games too!
    6 minutes like in SW:GoH is the regular timer most games use these days (some are using 10 mins per energy), on lvl 60 your max energy will be 120, that equals 12 hours for a full energy reload, so actually you can play twice a day
  • Options
    Fair enough, not really critiquing, just wondering if anyone felt the same. I really do love the game to the point where I'd just like to play it more is all
  • Options
    Before I go to bed I use all energy, when I wake up its nearly as full, that works fine for me. Besides I'm glad the way it is, keeping me from playing like a mad junkie.
  • Options
    Data card packs and energy recharge rates are THE two biggest ways this game is monetized. I've said since day one that I disagree with the increases in costs for energy recharge. For example, to recharge the regular energy, the game goes 50 crystals, 50 crystals, 100, another 100, then 200.

Only once did I do 200 because I was chasing character shards. I feel this is a bad model. I believe there's more money in keeping recharge rates at a constant 50 crystals. No one has ever responded to my requests to revise this.
  • Options
    I agree with you Powerlifter, but most other games use this kind of "business". I am glad that you can recharge twice for 50 crystals before it jumps to 100. Other games are less generous, forcing you to spend twice the amount for every recharge you do.
    I dislike this kind of (greedy) business too, but it's business, and you have to go along with it. Very sad.
  • Options
    I think initially you want to play a lot and it can be frustrating….but that is a sign that you like the game right? After a week or two it won't matter as much, at least that has been my experience.
  • Options
    How much you spend and on what depends on your goals, the way you play. I greatly enjoy shard farming new characters. Then I want to push them to my top player level. I'm at level 60 because its the level cap. Right now I've unlocked 42 characters. Only 15-20 are level 60 because of all the restrictions the game imposes.

I've seen the argument of this is the way it is with such and such mobile games for several years. I'm well aware of the kind of greed which is often found in this type of business. It's all variations on the same few forms of games.

Even though a standard has been established, it doesn't mean everyone must conform to it. Many times the established standard or idea is a bad one. This is what I see in mobile gaming. Capital games is still working hard to bring a great gameplay experience to consumers. My biggest complaint is the slow energy recharge and high costs associated with refills.
  • Options
    The game "DragonSoul" is almost identical as far as the energy refill timer, energy cost per mission and purchase costs of energy using their deluxe currency. The solution they used to supplement the low energy refill rate is by doing 3 energy "collections" at certain times of the day for 60 energy each. The energy collections are available for a limited amount of time and players have to collect it during that window. This lets active players get more daily advancement so they can promote characters without completely removing the need for energy purchases that paying players can take advantage of.
  • Options
    I know that system from Angel Stones, where you can collect half amount of the max energy three times a day. Also they have a "prestige" system, when you hit level cap you will earn special xp and points for each level up, which you can invest in different boosts (like more attack, defense, health, crits etc). Also a good system. Earned xp won't be wasted this way and you keep playing on.
  • Options
    Both of those sound like good options to incorporate into this game.
  • Options
    It's not your imagination. This game has the slowest energy regeneration rate I've ever seen compared to others, and does nothing to compensate higher level players in need of increased levels to farm the additional 50-100 pieces of gear they need.