How viable is any team without evasionlead?

Kebab
179 posts Member
edited June 2016
I'm level 78 and rank 28 in the arena
I use a douku lead for evasion but i'm really tired of him and don't want him on my team but as soon as i change the lead i get dropped 70 ranks overnight so i have no choice...
Its been a long time since i changed the squad but i'm scared i'll get dropped a LOT
My team now at rank 28 is Douku 6* G8 (leader), RG 5* G8 to suck up damage, Lumi 7* G8 to heal and reasenable attack power, sentinel droid 7* G8 my absolute cannon with insane firepower and everything maxed out and last but not least poggle 7* G8 for giving my team 150% offense the entire game (maxed out so less cool down)
This team works insanely well but what if i would change it to --> Poggle 7*lead (25% offense droids and geo's), GS 6*for synergie together with sentinel droid for synergie as well, RG 5* to suck up damage and Rey 6* so i will have 3 cannons pure offense team, will this work or will i be thrown back to rank 100 for not using an evasion lead anymore?

Replies

• Lasserini
    274 posts Member
    Options
    On my server (with maxed out lvl 80 teams) we have these leaders in the top 50:
    19 x Dooku
    14 x Phasma (current top 5 all Phasma lead)
    6 x Qui-Gon
    4 x Old Ben
    2x Poggle (Hk-47 with Omega on his leadership seems like a stronger option if you wanna play with droids)
    2x Barriss (Wouldn´t recommend)
    2x Hk-47 (I´d imagine this to increase once more people finish Jawa Engineer)
    1x St Han

On occasion I´ve seen Rex lead aswell (& the odd ones out).
    ----
    I´d give your preferred team a go, but perhaps look into HK-47 as leader (& farm Jawa Engineer) if you wanna play with droids.

If you find yourself dropping too much in rankings you can always do 4 games with your droids & then swap team Dodge in on the 5th game for defense.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity, how many of those Dookus are closer to the bottom of the top 50. I've noticed a lot of the higher caliber players are not even giving Dooku the time of day anymore but the further down the food chain I look the more Dookus I see.

As to the original question, evasion lead is helpful but not necessary. You can run bugs and droids if you want. They are as easily dispatched, if not more so than Dooku led teams.

I played around with Poggle for a bit. I never liked him. He's a waste of a spot, I think. But I've never been too keen on droids or bugs. I have use QGJ to give my team offense up and to dispel any taunts. Poggle, to me, seems superfluous. Mine's 7* sitting at lvl 70 waiting in line to go to 80. Others are more important, though. I wouldn't put him as lead, but that's just me.

I would also take a look at the rear of your team. Keep 86. Keep working on RG. I'd definitely think about putting Rey and GS in there. If it were me, I'd do Dooku (l), Rey, GS, 86, and RG. Once you get RG closer to maxing out you won't need a healer so much. You can pull Dooku for another lead, too. Lumi would work if you still want evasion and want to keep a healer. It's kind of a cookie cutter team, but I'd say start thinking outside the box. I see everyone in my shard from Rex, AA, 88, 47, STH, Phasma, Leia, Ben, Dooku (of course), and even Savage. Lots of possibilities.
  • Kebab
    179 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Lasserini wrote: »
    On my server (with maxed out lvl 80 teams) we have these leaders in the top 50:
    19 x Dooku
    14 x Phasma (current top 5 all Phasma lead)
    6 x Qui-Gon
    4 x Old Ben
    2x Poggle (Hk-47 with Omega on his leadership seems like a stronger option if you wanna play with droids)
    2x Barriss (Wouldn´t recommend)
    2x Hk-47 (I´d imagine this to increase once more people finish Jawa Engineer)
    1x St Han

On occasion I´ve seen Rex lead aswell (& the odd ones out).
    ----
    I´d give your preferred team a go, but perhaps look into HK-47 as leader (& farm Jawa Engineer) if you wanna play with droids.

If you find yourself dropping too much in rankings you can always do 4 games with your droids & then swap team Dodge in on the 5th game for defense.

Phasama leads are in your top?? The top leads in my server are ALWAYS old ben or douku and maybe 2 phasma's but they get dropped easy and one rex lead and one ig88 lead and a gew HK's and thanks for the advice! I'm waiting till i become level 80 so i can use HK lead with omega i'm working on a full droid/TM team when i turn level 80 but thats yet a while from now
  • Kebab
    179 posts Member
    Options
    sying wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, how many of those Dookus are closer to the bottom of the top 50. I've noticed a lot of the higher caliber players are not even giving Dooku the time of day anymore but the further down the food chain I look the more Dookus I see.

As to the original question, evasion lead is helpful but not necessary. You can run bugs and droids if you want. They are as easily dispatched, if not more so than Dooku led teams.

I played around with Poggle for a bit. I never liked him. He's a waste of a spot, I think. But I've never been too keen on droids or bugs. I have use QGJ to give my team offense up and to dispel any taunts. Poggle, to me, seems superfluous. Mine's 7* sitting at lvl 70 waiting in line to go to 80. Others are more important, though. I wouldn't put him as lead, but that's just me.

I would also take a look at the rear of your team. Keep 86. Keep working on RG. I'd definitely think about putting Rey and GS in there. If it were me, I'd do Dooku (l), Rey, GS, 86, and RG. Once you get RG closer to maxing out you won't need a healer so much. You can pull Dooku for another lead, too. Lumi would work if you still want evasion and want to keep a healer. It's kind of a cookie cutter team, but I'd say start thinking outside the box. I see everyone in my shard from Rex, AA, 88, 47, STH, Phasma, Leia, Ben, Dooku (of course), and even Savage. Lots of possibilities.

In my shard the top 50 is 90% douku lead .. And i really like your adviced team but i won't have offense up without poggle and i really feel like i can't go without offense up the entire game it makes a HUGE differance in my experience
  • Options
    OB is slowly replacing **** as lead in my top 50 (December shard). About a third of the top 50 runs evasion. Lots of variety at the top, with the top 10 running:
    **** x2
    OB x3
    Rex x3
    Phasma x1
    QGJ x1

Top 20 has even more variety, which is nice. Still, half of my top 10 runs evasion, so it's obviously effective. I run droids, with HK (l), 88, 86, JE, and Sun Fac. I don't normally do refreshes (except for Saturday/Sunday for the raid points), but when I do I'm top 5. Droids are very viable these days, even for FTP as the main components of many droid teams (HK, 88, 86, Poggle, JE, RG, Poe) are all farmable to various extent.

If you do go droids, don'r run JE and Poggle together; JE's TM gain makes Poggle go last, so his offence and speed up go wasted.

For the moment, you could sub phasma (L) with GS, Rey, RG, and another tanky or annoying characters you don't like facing in Arenda (Daka, 5's, etc...) when you go on D.
  • Options
    Sorry, the ***'s are Dooku.
  • Options
    Top 10 in my server:

Phasma x5 (rank 1, 2, 4, 8, 10)
    Ackbar x2 (rank 3, 9)
    Old Ben x 2 (5, 6)
    Rex x1 (7)

The first Dooku is at rank 13.
  • SithLordWizzerButt
    35 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Im on a januaryish shard not sure if december or january at 75 with ewoks maxed would be higher but i dont wanna buy refresh today running Chirpa L Teebo Elder Han Daka usually finish top 10 n dont drop hard on D but havent arenad in 3 days so 70 spots isn't bad

Post edited to conform to Forum Guidelines
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I see not too many old ben leads on my server, but they are higher ranked, in general, vs dooku.

I think old ben is going to be more popular because of Jawa Engineer. Old ben eats droids for breakfast. Dooku doesn't particularly bother droid teams. Offense up only helps Dooku team when they finally get a turn to act.

That said, my server is late February, and I still see more Phasma lead in top 50 than either dooku or Ben.
  • Options
    Ackbars are at the top spots on my server
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    Ackbar is good, too. Ackbar and leia/han rock, but they don't have Ben's knack for toppling droids/AOE.
  • Options
    I must admit I find the diversity of shards fascinating. There aren't any AA leads on my December server. I just checked, and the highest AA lead on my server is 177. Heck, there's even Darth Maul in the top 100 for goodness sake. AA (L) with Leia, Rey, STH, and a monkey with a brain disorder should be in the top 50 at least.

Maybe I'll mix things up a bit... I'm at #4 right now with Droids, but always fall back to the teens/twenties overnight.
  • Options
    Top 5 in my server:
    Phasma
    Phasma
    St Han
    Dooku
    Phasma
  • Kebab
    179 posts Member
    Options
    I must admit I find the diversity of shards fascinating. There aren't any AA leads on my December server. I just checked, and the highest AA lead on my server is 177. Heck, there's even Darth Maul in the top 100 for goodness sake. AA (L) with Leia, Rey, STH, and a monkey with a brain disorder should be in the top 50 at least.

Maybe I'll mix things up a bit... I'm at #4 right now with Droids, but always fall back to the teens/twenties overnight.
    On my server there is someone using ig88 lead with darthmaul and darthvader and he sometimes gets to rank 1 from absolute monsterteams i have no idea how

• ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Options
    I switched from Phasma lead to Ben lead and have been happy with the result. I'll have Phasma at G10 in eight days so probably will put her back in at that point and see how she's looking.
  • Options
    Top 20 in my shard right now:

Phasma-10
    Anakin-1
    Qui gon-2
    Old Ben-3
    STH-1
    HK-2
    Dooku-1

About a week and a half ago there were alot of Ackbars in there. Alot of the top players experiment a bit and I've noticed that whoever's in the top really mostly has to do with whoever is willing to do the most crystal refreshes than anything else. They also have deep rosters and they try those different rosters out and see how far they fall and when they do they just crystal refresh back to the top $$$$$
  • Igor08
    221 posts Member
    Options
    sying wrote: »

Just depends on the time of day. Once the payout deadline has passed everyone puts in Dooku/Old Ben and walks away for 18 hours. Some people have interesting offense teams, but they're only up for a short window so you don't often see them.
    The top 50 of my shard's leaderboard currently would be Dooku/Old Ben (70%), Phasma (15%), HK/AA/Rex (13%). The only real anomaly at the moment is someone in the 40's running a Lumi-lead tank squad.
  • Options
    I used dooku for a long time before and got sick of him plus he got nerfed in the protection patch. So now I mostly use a rebel team with Ackbar as leader on offense and a Phasma lead, double tank team on defense. Dooku lead teams are the easiest, old Ben teams are worse.