Phasma or poggle lead

Kebab
179 posts Member
edited June 2016
My team : Poggle 7*, phasma 7*, sentinel droid 7*, rey 6*, geonosian soldier 6*
Phasma lead --> random bonus attacks 20% chance
Poggle lead --> 25% more offense for sentinel droid and geonosian
sentinel droid is my absolute monster hitting 10K with his basic and 15K + assist with his special, without the poggle lead my sentinel droid will hit only 7-8K basic and 11K special (+ assist)
My problem is that random bonus attacks are nice but with the poggle lead i can one shot many toons with sentinel so thats why i don't know what to do, what would you do?

Phasma or poggle lead 23 votes

Poggle
17% 4 votes
Phasma
82% 19 votes

Replies

• Options
    Kebab wrote: »
    sentinel droid is my absolute monster hitting 10K with his basic and 15K + assist with his special, without the poggle lead my sentinel droid will hit only 7-8K basic and 11K special (+ assist)
    My problem is that random bonus attacks are nice but with the poggle lead i can one shot many toons with sentinel so thats why i don't know what to do, what would you do?

If you had all droids and GS only I'd say go with Poggle. But once you add Phasma and Rey, you take away part of the advantage you get with a Poggle lead. A Poggle lead does absolutely nothing for Phasma or Rey. With a Phasma lead everyone can be called.

Poggle was my lead before. Phasma is now. And I do MUCH better with Phasma
  • Speaker4thedead
    444 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Also, your math doesn't add up. The number you are giving is significantly more than a 25% decrease without the Poggle lead. Where are you getting those numbers from? I have 86 at 7*, level 80, all 3 abilities with Omega upgrades, and mine doesn't hit that hard. Well he does on the challenges where damage is buffed, but in GW, LS/DS missions, and the arena, he doesn't do close to the damage you are giving even with a max Poggle lead. You sure about your numbers?

Also, don't get used to 1 shotting toons. That stuff goes away with a quickness.

• MalEliza
    132 posts Member
    Options
    I actually ended up calculating it (for all maxed characters), and there is near to no difference damage wise (both damage outputs are within 0.5% of each other). Without omegas phasma lead is slightly better. Once you can put omegas on poggle's leader ability it will clearly be the better choice. Even if you're level 78 or 79 and you can omega 86's special (-1 cd) poggle lead does slightly more damage than phasma.
    As there is no difference in damage until level 80, you'll have to decide based on something else: Phasma lead gives you an additional chance to proc bonus effects that are caused by basics (evade for rey, ability block with poggle and defence down or advantage for phasma. offence up for gs is close to useless as you use poggle).
    Poggle lead on the other hand gives you more control over the damage your attack will do. When I was using Phasma, there actually were some matches that i lost because i triggered a bonus attack at the wrong time. E.g. the bonus attack might cause RG to taunt when you were trying to put the toon in the 75-50% hp range to kill it without causing RG's taunt.
    All things considered it might be best to use Phasma but switch to Poggle if your opponent uses RG or you can use omegas on his leader ability.
  • Jade
    46 posts Member
    Options
    This is a good discussion. I am going through the same thought process. I have Poggle more developed and like my Droid team, but Rey is a monster and QGJ is handy so I was thinking of switching to Phasma, who I have not invested much in. Holding my Omega for the moment....
    Falcon
  • Kebab
    179 posts Member
    Options

Also, your math doesn't add up. The number you are giving is significantly more than a 25% decrease without the Poggle lead. Where are you getting those numbers from? I have 86 at 7*, level 80, all 3 abilities with Omega upgrades, and mine doesn't hit that hard. Well he does on the challenges where damage is buffed, but in GW, LS/DS missions, and the arena, he doesn't do close to the damage you are giving even with a max Poggle lead. You sure about your numbers?

Also, don't get used to 1 shotting toons. That stuff goes away with a quickness.
    My number are straight out of the arena battles (ranks between 20-100 always) and i also don't understand the math behind it it doesn't seem right as you said but that are the numbers i experience in the arena.. with the poggle lead and sentinel's maxed out attacks gear 8 he hits 15K on a critical with offense up + random assist and his basic around 10K

• Kebab
    179 posts Member
    Options
    MalEliza wrote: »
    I actually ended up calculating it (for all maxed characters), and there is near to no difference damage wise (both damage outputs are within 0.5% of each other). Without omegas phasma lead is slightly better. Once you can put omegas on poggle's leader ability it will clearly be the better choice. Even if you're level 78 or 79 and you can omega 86's special (-1 cd) poggle lead does slightly more damage than phasma.
    As there is no difference in damage until level 80, you'll have to decide based on something else: Phasma lead gives you an additional chance to proc bonus effects that are caused by basics (evade for rey, ability block with poggle and defence down or advantage for phasma. offence up for gs is close to useless as you use poggle).
    Poggle lead on the other hand gives you more control over the damage your attack will do. When I was using Phasma, there actually were some matches that i lost because i triggered a bonus attack at the wrong time. E.g. the bonus attack might cause RG to taunt when you were trying to put the toon in the 75-50% hp range to kill it without causing RG's taunt.
    All things considered it might be best to use Phasma but switch to Poggle if your opponent uses RG or you can use omegas on his leader ability.
    Thank you very much for the advice! I'm just constantly switching them now haha
  • Options
    I would say Phasma because sea amazing! But of course that not the only reason... She has really useful Advantage, (100% Critical chance) and can inflict speed down. Also of upgraded, she can do A LOT of damage.