Qui-Gon Jinn

Hey. I am lvl 58 and I recently got QGJ. Everybody says he's good but although I know this may be because he's only at 2* he's at level 55 but is a real bummer. Should I replace him? I have these others
For Jedis: Plo Koon, Kit Fisto, Ahsoka Tano
Others: Poe Dameron, Chewie, and lower-class ones like Coruscnt Underwrld Police, RT, etc.

I am trying to farm him but considering that cantina energy is gained every 13 and to get 5 shards you need 400, it will take a long time.

Replies

• Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    He is a really good toon although in my arena i am one of the 4 people that actually still use him. Guess they moved onto other things eh...still he is more than worth the farm.
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    Options
    With all the taunts being used in arena, QGJ is extremely useful.
  • Salgado9
    529 posts Member
    Options
    QGJ is a top tier toon, with great specials, good speed, and good damage. He's worth it, spend 100 gems on cantina refresh if you can.
  • Options
    Just star him up, mine is only at 4 stars but is an all around stud.
  • Options
    Hey. I am lvl 58 and I recently got QGJ. Everybody says he's good but although I know this may be because he's only at 2* he's at level 55 but is a real bummer. Should I replace him? I have these others
    Others: Poe Dameron, Chewie, and lower-class ones like Coruscnt Underwrld Police, RT, etc.

I am trying to farm him but considering that cantina energy is gained every 13 and to get 5 shards you need 400, it will take a long time.

With absolute certainty you need to stay on him. Sure maybe not use hum at 2*. There is NO toon viable at 2*.... Anyway, assuming you continue playing this game, you will eventually reach max level. Now since you are playing a 2* character, I assume you haven't played long. Let me tell you the future...

As you progress along, you will find that most lineups have Lumi, RG, or STHan. All 3 of those grant buffs that QGJ will not only remove, but give your entire lineup offense up. At low level it may not be that important... I don't remember... I am a day 1 player. Anyway, at max, you need every little bit of help you can get. Offense up, or advantage are HUGE and the value of them CANNOT be over spoke. Sure there are other people who remove status effect from your enemy (Teebo, Ventress, Mace Windu as well others that may be escaping my mind) but none of those grant offense up.

QGJ is absolutely viable. He isn't used as a lead as much anymore. Use to QGJ was the lead up and down the boards. Now its mainly Dooku, Old Ben, and Phasma. Leaders change with the meta. However the fact remains, most max rosters (mine included) still have QGJ somewhere in the main 5 for his utility. Add in his Omega's and he is a utility god. Basic attack removes turn meter, assist move gives the called assist guy health, as well as his normal utility uses.

QGJ is a first rate, end game toon.
  • Sirryker
    98 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    +1 What @Speaker4thedead said 100%. QGJ is better than every other character you own, OP, although Ahsoka and Poe are good too.
  • Options
    @Speaker4thedead I got QGJ rencently for some reason I didn't have him earlier but at lvl 58 I do have a few toons at 6*. (Im not entirely new to the game ) Since I have RG lumi and STHan I'll use your advices. In fact here are all my ds toons (my ls toons I listed in the message):
    RG
    Talia
    Daka
    GS
    Phasma
    IG-100 mgnaguard
    IG-86 sentinel
    Greedo
    NS initiate
    TIE pilot
    Magmatrooper
    Snowtrooper
    And I almost have Vader
  • Options

lol, sometimes people on this board are ridiculous when they say things like certain toons aren't viable until they're 7*, level 80, and gear 10. This is ridiculous in the opposite way - a 2* toon being a bummer? Shocker!

Yes, cantina currency toons take forever to get - I've been playing for months and only have a 7* QGJ and 6* Daka from cantina currency (and I haven't bought ANY other character shards besides those two). This is why unfortunately, you really wasted your currency on both Ahsoka and Poe :wink: My suggestion is you stop spending that currency on anyone else besides QGJ until you 7* him.
  • JJWZP5
    440 posts Member
    Options
    You need QGJ for just about everything
  • Options
    QGJ is really good and has become almost a necessity in arena with all the taunting tanks, including multiple taunters on some teams, he's invaluable
  • Options
    @Speaker4thedead I got QGJ rencently for some reason I didn't have him earlier but at lvl 58 I do have a few toons at 6*. (Im not entirely new to the game ) Since I have RG lumi and STHan I'll use your advices. In fact here are all my ds toons (my ls toons I listed in the message):
    RG
    Talia
    Daka
    GS
    Phasma
    IG-100 mgnaguard
    IG-86 sentinel
    Greedo
    NS initiate
    TIE pilot
    Magmatrooper
    Snowtrooper
    And I almost have Vader

Vader is going to be tempting. My Vader is 5* close to 6*. Someone on this board told me that Vader is intentionally Nerfed until 6*.

If you are talking specifically about the arena, of the toons you had listed, what I would do is.... Well its difficult to say because I don't know what star level and gear level your guys are. If you were at max with everyone, what I'd do is:

STHan lead
    RG
    QGJ
    Daka
    FOTP or IG86 or Greedo

That would be an EXCELLENT defensive squad. If you find you don't have the firepower, I'd go

STHan
    RG
    QGJ
    IG86
    FOTP or Greedo

FOTP is a difficult max. But if you have him starred up, he is amazing

Oh yeah... If you haven't already, I suggest farming Rey with ALL costs
  • Options

He is one of the best toons in the game because he has so much utility at max level, stick with him. He's arguably the best Jedi to have.
  • Igor08
    221 posts Member
    Options
    Start farming him now and don't stop. He and Rey are the best toons in the game, they reliably shine in absolutely every game mode.
  • thee_pdx
    302 posts Member
    Options
    Im doing that slow grind now. 5 and a hlf stars. But hes alao great in raids against pigs well worth it.