Clones + ?

Got a pretty wicked clone squad, all 7* gear 9 or 10, but I've got a poser for you all for the 5th member (for the tank). Do I go with:
1. RG because with Rex lead he is just HUGE health and hard to kill, or
2. ST Han, whose taunt pushes turn meter through the ROOF.

Already getting some nice TM add with Echo, but I'm guessing Han's would push it all through the roof; RG with Rex lead stays up for a LONG time, allowing more attacks as well.

Worst consideration is that the taunt can be dispelled pretty easily by MANY different chars...

Replies

• Options
    I'm asking because after today's raid I will be able to raise one or the other from gear 8 to 9 (and then probably quickly to 10 - been stockpiling mats); I will hopefully get them BOTH up there, but thinking of both Rancor raid AND arena...
  • Drew1855
    132 posts Member
    Options
    Rg, it's who I use, otherwise they will burst down your sergeant before you can taunt
    SyNerGelite Officer ----always Han Yolo
    SyN KarlMalown
  • Options
    Good point - Sarge IS the weak point (as the "pure" DPS)
  • Drew1855
    132 posts Member
    Options
    I've ran plo as well but with no taunt you screwed
    SyNerGelite Officer ----always Han Yolo
    SyN KarlMalown
  • bleeaauuh
    1006 posts Member
    Options
    I run full
    Clones, 100% maxed every gear + omega
    My Fith is b2 by rg also works very well. It's the best team on defemse I've used and it dosent loose on Offemse
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    Due to tm gain on being critted, a tank is not as important as it is in other comps. I run full clones all gear IX-XI, half omega'd. I have found 2 toons that work equally well. RG to give me a stun and taunt or Phasma for tm boost and everyone critting on that turn. Phasma increases my damage which is why I run her more frequently. Clones have great utility, amazing tm manipulation, but lack in damage. Phasma helps that along.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    I run the clones (all maxed gear and only 3 abilities not omega'd) with Han, CS at gear 10 is not much squishier than Echo and Rex, however, he recovers health more quickly because he goes quite frequently with his basic omega.

What I liked more on offense, but didn't quite do as well on defense was Phasma. Her slow helps Fives to start double tapping immediately and victory march gives CS a free offense up and 50% TM in case you use the basic, I don't think there's a toon out there that synergises with the clones as well as Phasma.
  • Phu_Zzy
    148 posts Member
    Options
    I'm building my clone team currently. I have 5's, Echo, Rex & CS. I'm currently farming Plo as I think he's supposed to be the fifth clone team member, but no one seems to rate him at all?
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    Phu_Zzy wrote: »
    I'm building my clone team currently. I have 5's, Echo, Rex & CS. I'm currently farming Plo as I think he's supposed to be the fifth clone team member, but no one seems to rate him at all?

My Plo is far from maxed so I haven't had any time to try him. But Plo gives 50% TM and DU, has an AoE that can inflict O down and his basic can dispel.
    Phasma gives 50% TM and advantage, AoE inflicts speed down and basic hits harder and can inflict D down.

Looking at that I don't see how Plo would synergise better than Phasma, since Fives can use a little help on inflicting speed down as long as he's not maxed completely and also CS gains a lot more from a crit than from and enemy with O down.

Also Phasma's potency is higher so the chance of debuffs sticking is higher as well
  • Phu_Zzy
    148 posts Member
    Options
    Cool, I do have Phasma already.

Even at only 5* and lvl 55-60 the clones are fun to watch, I run them early nodes on GW and they never seem to stop shooting.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    Phu_Zzy wrote: »
    Cool, I do have Phasma already.
    Even at only 5* and lvl 55-60 the clones are fun to watch, I run them early nodes on GW and they never seem to stop shooting.

Agreed! In case you want to see what they can do maxed here's a recent video I recorded against a droid squad, droids weren't maxed yet though

https://youtu.be/gAE4wDlyAhU
  • Jman1701
    103 posts Member
    Options
    I concur with KeKattia - in arena clones paired with Phasma can quickly become beast mode. In GW...recommend ST Han or RG.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Think they'd survive alright on D without a tank at all? Considering putting a heavy hitter to remove threats before they go but not sure if they can survive a round without protection