Targeting-blunder

Aeris
29 posts Member
Does this happen to you or it is just me?
It happens that when you try to use basic attack more quickly than you normally do in order to save time, you fail to focus attacking your previous target as the game itself seems to have at times automatically shifted your targeting onto another opponent character at the beginning of your turn and you couldn't react to the sudden shift with your reflex, as a result, you not only take more hits in the battle, but also sometimes lose the battle which you otherwise would have won.
What is your opinion?
So maybe the game itself shouldn't shift your targeting, but instead, should leave it where it was? Or we should just keep our eyes open and not play the battle too fast?

Replies

• Options
    Yes that happens to me too... :( sometimes targets changes because of taunt buffs and goes back to the previous target when taunt ends. But sometimes seems to be no reason for it.

I also find difficult to select certain target positions sometimes.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    I would prefer the game had no "auto targeting" at all, because it happens to me quite a lot. There does not seem to be a rhyme or reason, as it often happens when there are no status effects that would affect targeting (like taunt).

Occasionally I will forget to change focus after a taunt wears off, but the most frustrating for me is when I target an enemy, attack the enemy, and then when I try to attack attack (with my next toon) the targeting has moved, without any status changes.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Occasionally I will forget to change focus after a taunt wears off, but the most frustrating for me is when I target an enemy, attack the enemy, and then when I try to attack attack (with my next toon) the targeting has moved, without any status changes.

Agreed. This combined with the current targeting bug can be annoying. At least they are already aware of the targeting bug, though, and I hope that will be resolved in the Jan patch.
  • Options
    I only run in to it in the Squad Arena. I will focus on a particular target with my first attacker. Then I go to use my second attacker, and they have targeted someone else completely. This can happen without anyone on the other team acting in between, and only at the beginning.

It is very frustrating when you are trying to take down someone before the other team throws a taunt or a heal, and especially when the first attacker exposes them.