Count Dooku or Old Ben

im level 53 now and i have count dooku 3 star gearVI. I love using leaders with bonus evasion chance, and im thinking about dooku or old ben. i can farm old ben from cantina and get like 5-9 shards a day while i only get 2-4 shards from farming dooku from hard nodes.

who should i get ?

Replies

• Options
    Personally I'd go with old Ben. Mind tricks can be a game changer depending on RNG and turn order.
  • Options
    Depends really. Rex makes Mind Tricks ineffective, Yoda can too.

Dooku is weak but the offense up can add.

I have both, used both in the past, however I stepped away from evasion lead weeks ago.

If you are going with one though Ben. The TM is nice, if you get Mind Tricks off, as most don't have Rex, and AI uses Yoda poorly it can really help m ore than what Dooku brings.
  • Prox
    3 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I've been in the same position here lately with my team. I finally settled on Old Ben as lead because I believe adding to a turn meter is the best buff in the whole game. For my offence up I just use QGJ.
  • Arillian
    240 posts Member
    Options
    I'd go with Old Ben. Ben leads are much harder for me than Dooku.

Who do I attack first with Old Ben lead? Who cares about offense up if the opponent gets TM?

No chance I go for ST Han first and face a possible evade. Everyone that is missed gets a faster turn, which means abilities are getting used faster to start. You can carry QGJ for offense up against an opposing team. TM is priceless.

Of course, I kept thinking the evade leads would get tweaked. They haven't yet, but who knows? Meta does seem to be more diverse than it used to, so your chances for character stability seem good with Old Ben.
    Knights of the Mobile Republic
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Dooku is a good toon and leader in general. He is very helpful in GW. Speed and jedi stun will get u theough nodes with minimal damage.

Ben is very good in certain matchups. He is also pretty good in gw. In arena, depenending on the maturity and trends on your server, is typically a better arena toon with the right team members. But this is only a temporal situation.

I think everyone eventually needs both. And han. And phasma. And qgj. And rey. And rg. U need em all.

Dooku is better for GW, imo. He is deadly against jedi all the rime, not just once every 4 turns. And imo, gw should be a priority. Arena teams come and go. I dont invest too too heavy in one arena team. Stun is your best friend for gw. U not only have to win, u have to win the next node too. Dooku wont disappoint.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Dooku is a much faster farm once u get his cantina node, anyway. But ben is viable at 4 star But 80 shards in cantina takes a long time. You cant go wrong either way.
    Post edited by LastJedi on