Which characters are you working on just for funsies?

Prev1345
irvvri
152 posts Member
I got to thinking today, and I've maxed out all the essentials in GW ships, so I randomly decided to work on Cad Bane and Tusken simultaneously for pretty much no reason. Both are sitting at 4* right now, and I'm finding lots of enjoyment out of working on lesser-used characters to add some variety and spiciness to my lineup.

Who are you all working on just for the fun of it?

Replies

• Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options
    Cad Bane because he's awesome, and I hope they will make Scoundrels useful one day.
  • aerendhil
    503 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Anakin
    (no, it's not a troll reply)
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Lobot and hoth rebel soldier....idk why, just because...both at 5* bout 1/3 of way to 6*...both seem beyond hope...still i farm a hard node of each everyday it seems....
  • Options
    I'm working on several. Jedi Knight Anakin, Ima-Gun Di, First Order Officer, Mob Enforcer, Resistance Trooper, Resistance Pilot. Just because I want to see how they fare in raids and GW
  • Options
    Just got my plo koon to g9 today... He has so much potential and has always been one of my favorite Jedi...
  • Options
    I'm working on everyone that I can as a F2P member; all part of the longevity of the game, innit
  • Options
    Anakin, 79/80. Farming him for too long and I'll keep farm/ lvling him. I like his design alot.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    Been leveling/gearing Mace Windu, he may not be that obscure but I don't see him that often. He's actually my 8th best character as a bulkier version of Qui-Gon Jinn, unfortunately protection makes his passive very weak
  • Zephon
    122 posts Member
    Options
    Ackbar. Somehow there's something different about his dynamics from how he was before.
  • Super123
    233 posts Member
    Options
    Vader
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    Akbar's Tactical Genius ability is extremely good, and his leader ability will keep de-buffs off your allies as long as he gets assists
  • Options
    7* mace, coz he looks just like me!
    Anakin, coz I am hoping to use him in the female event! He's hot for the females, I hear.
  • Options
    CUP...for real. Though it may actually be beneficial to work on Ugnaught with the new droid "problem."
  • Options
    You're lucky you finally got to this point in the game! I've been farming fun characters for a couple of months now, and it is much more enjoyable than farming the meta. Anyways, I'm farming an Empire squad. I've been working on them since before the event, so that was a nice surprise! Tarkin, Veers, and Snowtrooper are the ones I'm still working on.
  • Joe_Cus
    152 posts Member
    Options
    Ewoks. The 4 furries with Yoda is a crazy team. Lots of green everywhere. Empire too. Hoping Tarkin\Veers get some sort of buff in the future.
  • WalkrCnc
    76 posts Member
    Options
    Veers. It's a slow journey. After Yoda event is over I'll start on FO Officer.
  • Options
    Cad. Waiting on credits for 7*. Because, why not?
    Storm. Waiting on credits for 7*. Because Empire!
    Snow. Waiting on credits for 6*. Because Empire!
    Veers. Slow and steady at 5*. Because Empire!
    Tarkin. My maxed out vanity character. Because Empire! FOST. Slow and steady at 5*. First Order FTW!
  • Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    Options
    Tarkin. My maxed out vanity character. Because Empire! FOST. Slow and steady at 5*. First Order FTW!

All the empire units for the same reason. Other than a possible empire event they seem useless, but I was always a fan of the bad guys. They always look cooler and back in the day weren't whiny little bleeps (yes I'm looking at you Kylo).
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    boba
  • Options

All the empire units for the same reason. Other than a possible empire event they seem useless, but I was always a fan of the bad guys. They always look cooler and back in the day weren't whiny little bleeps (yes I'm looking at you Kylo).

They're actually fairly decent. Tarkin hits like a truck! @Batman44gaming tells me Snowtrooper is really good too. I have but two Empire toons to 7*,and yes, I did it originally for Empire event, but the more I use them, the more I like them. I almost have Snow at a point where I can use him, and I'm a little excited about that lol.

There really isn't one toon I'm disappointed with in the game, aside from Magma, but then, it's not him that's the problem - it's potency. Kylo definitely has utility, and a purpose. Absolutely massive health pool, reusable specials, and fairly reliable debuff. Paired with Phasma, and he's impressive in the right situation.

Once I'm done with Empire, I'll finish off First Order..
  • Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    Options

They're actually fairly decent. Tarkin hits like a truck! @Batman44gaming tells me Snowtrooper is really good too. I have but two Empire toons to 7*,and yes, I did it originally for Empire event, but the more I use them, the more I like them. I almost have Snow at a point where I can use him, and I'm a little excited about that lol.

There really isn't one toon I'm disappointed with in the game, aside from Magma, but then, it's not him that's the problem - it's potency. Kylo definitely has utility, and a purpose. Absolutely massive health pool, reusable specials, and fairly reliable debuff. Paired with Phasma, and he's impressive in the right situation.

You should try out Jedi Kinght Guardian then ;)

Basically I agree, my version of worthless should've read, not arena worthy, and probably only good as fodder Ina tier 7 raid. Potency on the empire is pretty poor from what I've seen.

I've got Tark, Mags, regular storm with enough shard for 7 but no credits.
    Working on Veers and Vader (shards for 6 and 5 respectively)
    I've gotten a bunch of snow through bronzium cards but never used him.

Currently using credits for Rebels and arena team, farming empire now, spending credits on them next
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • eliza
    33 posts Member
    Options
    Kylo and Biggs. Once Kylo is done, I'm doing Lando. Mustache time.
  • Options
    I maxed tusken raider for fun now im farming cad bane, 88 boba and lando all for fun. Soon dengar!
  • luisgin
    122 posts Member
    Options
    I'm working on finishing Kylo. He part of my SA cuz I like him and is refresh. Then Cad Bane and third might be Asoka
  • CUNOMOR
    74 posts Member
    Options
    Clone squad.
    Got somewhere between 18-20 google surveys in one weekend a few weeks ago - it was weird but awesome. Added $10 of my own to it (which I've only done a few times ever) and got Rex, Echo, and enough Echo shards to go to 4*. They are good enough to run part of GW now with my 7* Fives and sergeant, but I'm about 400 XP shy of level 80, so 4* won't cut it on the back 6 fights.
    Also working Cade Bane because he's cool. Hey, Bane in clone armor would be very cool.....
    http://www.figures.com/gallery/data/24292/1cadVIEWS.jpg
  • Options

You should try out Jedi Kinght Guardian then ;)

Basically I agree, my version of worthless should've read, not arena worthy, and probably only good as fodder Ina tier 7 raid. Potency on the empire is pretty poor from what I've seen.

I've got Tark, Mags, regular storm with enough shard for 7 but no credits.
    Working on Veers and Vader (shards for 6 and 5 respectively)
    I've gotten a bunch of snow through bronzium cards but never used him.

Currently using credits for Rebels and arena team, farming empire now, spending credits on them next

Lol... I actually use Tarkin in arena, with RG, Phasma, Lumi, and QGJ, and usually hover in t-50. I used to use Kylo and/or Savage, but I was losing 100+ spots in 24 hours. Now I lose 10-20. One I get Snow to 7*,I'm going to try a full Empire team in arena. Dual tanks with plenty of health, defense, and tm manipulation. I'm skeptical, but I don't think many have tried it before lol.
  • Gwonk
    239 posts Member
    Options
    Ewok Scout!
  • Options
    I have a little pet project going on with Dathcha, IG-88, and JE.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    After RG it'll probably be snowtrooper
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Wedge, everyone said he **** but he was one of my favorite characters so I bought him anyway. I did the same with Ahsoka when I first started back in December, I had her maxed out way back in the beginning before she got her rework.