Devour available at the beginning of the fight !

Seknos
306 posts Member
Phase 2 tier 5, first battle. I have not even taken an attack yet.
What a surprise when rancor has devour available right away. I thought at first it was visual bug but no, rancor did actually devour one of my character.

What happened to "This ability is on cooldown when the battle begins !"

https://imageshack.com/i/poRJOprlp

Replies

• SaChi
    35 posts Member
    Options
    Same with me.. nonrespondents for your bug here... ?
  • Gazza1988
    131 posts Member
    Options
    I think that it carries over front the last fight. Like our coooldowns in galaxy war by only for that "round".

What I mean by "round" is the raid is split into 4 rounds
  • shampoo
    442 posts Member
    Options
    For me it's phase 3 the rancor so devour is available at the start. The description reads that it should be on cool down at the start of the fight. @EA_Jesse any news on fixing this bug?
  • Seknos
    306 posts Member
    Options
    No response so far, would be nice to have a fix !
  • SaChi
    35 posts Member
    Options
    Nope...for me it wasn't carry forward... you can check my snap... I even retreat and re logged in... it was the same for me...
  • Options
    While rancor is three turns away from devouring.. My JC got eaten just like that.. Please fix it..
  • Options
    Here is an image, this is constantly occurring issue:

3Hyd1pL.png

• Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I get that a lot too. Eat was on a 4 CD, so I think I have time before I go for the door. Nope. Eats me right away and then eats me again 2 turns later.

I have to constantly retreat to get it to work properly. One time he ate one of my dudes on his first turn while the devour icon shows a 6 cd timer.

Pretty bugged =/
    Post edited by Toukai on
  • Options
    Same thing just happened to me. Very frustrating
  • Options
    I have seen this as well. It doesn't happen for my first team but it will happen for every team after that.
  • Options
    When he does his aoe if anyone gets knocked below 50% he gets minus one cooldown on devour for each guy and mid turn the cooldown tooltip doesn't change and then for his second attack he eats you
  • Options
    I'm so glad someone posted this up. This is getting frustrating.
  • Options
    When he does his aoe if anyone gets knocked below 50% he gets minus one cooldown on devour for each guy and mid turn the cooldown tooltip doesn't change and then for his second attack he eats you
  • Meerava
    481 posts Member
    Options

This is working as intended guys because of exactly the reason he posted.
  • kejmo
    213 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Dunno if I'm missing something or this shouldn't happen :smile:

[img][/img]mbn2va.jpg

retreated to see if it's maybe random, but no. same thing.

aaf6ee.jpg
  • Options

ahhhh.. I see, thank you for the explanation.. Appreciate it
  • PGIII
    24 posts Member
    Options
    This is not a case of not reading the tooltip. He's starting each phase off cool down. As soon as he gets up from the door, he's eaten my Rey FOUR raids in a row now. VERY frustrating bug, as it totally ruins the attempt. Same thing happens on phase 3 as well.

CAUSE OF THE BUG:

If your guild finishes a phase while you are still in battle, which happens pretty much always in t7, the bug rears its head when you open a battle in the next phase. This is confirmed by a ton of anecdotal guild chat.

Please fix this bug. It seems extraordinarily easy to fix given the simple cause, and it is very frustrating.
  • Seknos
    306 posts Member
    Options
    Bugs still live, pretty annoying. Must either wait for next phase or sacrifice a character right in the beginning.
    There are so many bugs in this game, i wonder if they play their own game. How something that big can pass through without anybody noticing.

https://imageshack.com/i/plBKrxB7p
  • Seknos
    306 posts Member
    Options
    When they added raids there was no such a bug. How come they are adding more and more bugs.
    Teebo multiple bugs were not occurring before as well.
    This is now the 3rd raid in a row where i have this bug on phase 2.
  • Options
    Start recording this so the devs have a better idea of what's going on here.
  • Bobafeit
    139 posts Member
    Options
    Yes his devour timer seem to be all over the place i came in on my second attemt and he devour teebo then i dropped the door on him and devour timer reset??? So he took another toon i see 5 on devour so when attemt ended it was on like 3 so on 3th attemt its reset again just when i come in that counter is so bugged it takes the fun out of raiding ( this was all in second phase 5* raid )
  • Options
    this has happened to me and my guildmates multiple times. So annoying I hope EA fix this asap
  • Seknos
    306 posts Member
    Options
    We took screenshots. If somebody finishes up a phase while you are in the middle of a try, you will probably have it when you get to rancor phase. Need confirmation. But anyway they need to fix this quick.
  • GrampaSimpson
    355 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I was gonna start a new post on this but it seems everyone's pretty well covering it in this discussion. I wish I had snapped a shot of my most recent, and blatant, example of this bug, but I'll just throw my story into the mix for now. Phase three, well into battle (so it has nothing to do with carrying over from a previous battle): devour's CD is on 5 after just eating my JC. Next attack is a roar, my Jedi respond in kind with counters (IGD leading the way). Rancor's next move is devour. I'm watching him snack on Qui Gon and the CD reads 3. When he's done, it's back to 5. What could I possibly be misunderstanding here?

And besides, about devour: what's the point? If you want a limiter on how long a team has to chip away at him, you've already got it when he's enraged after 15 rounds and crit slams what's left of your team, right? I mean, it was fun in the beginning to watch him eat a toon whole, like that poor Gonorrhean in RotJ (no, that's not a typo, that's what I call those nasty lil' pigbeasts). But now it's just annoying.
  • Seknos
    306 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I was gonna start a new post on this but it seems everyone's pretty well covering it in this discussion. I wish I had snapped a shot of my most recent, and blatant, example of this bug, but I'll just throw my story into the mix for now. Phase three, well into battle (so it has nothing to do with carrying over from a previous battle): devour's CD is on 5 after just eating my JC. Next attack is a roar, my Jedi respond in kind with counters (IGD leading the way). Rancor's next move is devour. I'm watching him snack on Qui Gon and the CD reads 3. When he's done, it's back to 5. What could I possibly be misunderstanding here?

And besides, about devour: what's the point? If you want a limiter on how long a team has to chip away at him, you've already got it when he's enraged after 15 rounds and crit slams what's left of your team, right? I mean, it was fun in the beginning to watch him eat a toon whole, like that poor Gonorrhean in RotJ (no, that's not a typo, that's what I call those nasty lil' pigbeasts). But now it's just annoying.

Devour is completely bugged, its a very nasty bug that they should already have fixed. It has been signaled many times. Fix its plz.
  • Options
    Great post !
    Fix it!