Damage over time (DoTs)

How much damage does each one do, when the enemy takes their turn? Is it a small percentage or a fixed amount?

Thanks

Replies

• Options
    I believe it's a % off enemy health, i'd say it's 2,5% each.
  • Options
    Would be good for me to know as I use an 88 lead with Vader for tons of dots.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Its either 2% or 5% ... can anyone confirm?
  • Options
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    Its either 2% or 5% ... can anyone confirm?

is this information from your experience, or from another source? i doubt it's 5% because i've seen a photo of the rancor having about 20/30 DoTs on it, and it only did roughly 90k damage apparently
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    I thought it was 2% dmg of max hp...pretty sure i seen someone say it was 5%...idk 4sho so i am asking here...seems relevant to thread...
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    On challenges they seem to do about 2500 to 3000 dmg per dot though...definitely fun to see vader/bane/fett kill themselves when they take there turn....
  • Options
    i think it may be 2% - but capped at max damage of 3,000, hence the stacking of DoTs on the rancor not killing him straight away
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Would be good for me to know as I use an 88 lead with Vader for tons of dots.

Don't think there is a more fun to play leader than ig-88 now. He definitely on my farm list.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Im pretty sure dots were hitting boba fett for 3250 dmg or more in yesterdays challenge...i just remember having like 15 dots on him and like 30% hp and he died when it was his turn....was definitely more c than 3000 though
  • Options
    maybe it's 5% damage but reduced vs the rancor then
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Also raid dmg is different because all raid enemys take less dmg vs. Hp% attacks and massive dmg attacks...ie...expose doesnt take take 20% of rancor hp (or else anyone could almost solo a t7 raid) and a culling blade from vader w advantage wont do 200k like str challenge.
  • Options
    5% of health in normal modes. Not health + protection - just health. So after protection was added, DoTs actually got a nerf because they do less damage now relative to the total health pool. Now they effectively do around 2.5% of total H+P assuming you still have protection in place. I still find them to be an incredibly effective tool however - 88 Omega leader is phenomenal.

Rancor the % is different as he has more protection against effects that do % damage. For example, you can't just use SO to solo the Rancor in one hit once the Rancor is below 25% health. This is stated in the description for the Rancor. Poe's expose does a lower % amount as well than in other game modes.
  • Options
    5% of health in normal modes. Not health + protection - just health. So after protection was added, DoTs actually got a nerf because they do less damage now relative to the total health pool. Now they effectively do around 2.5% of total H+P assuming you still have protection in place. I still find them to be an incredibly effective tool however - 88 Omega leader is phenomenal.

Rancor the % is different as he has more protection against effects that do % damage. For example, you can't just use SO to solo the Rancor in one hit once the Rancor is below 25% health. This is stated in the description for the Rancor. Poe's expose does a lower % amount as well than in other game modes.

thanks for clarifying for me, much appreciated! IG-88 seems a viable leader to a non-droid team with his omega leader ability in that case
  • 1AmYourFath3r
    3103 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I thought it was 2% dmg of max hp...pretty sure i seen someone say it was 5%...idk 4sho so i am asking here...seems relevant to thread...

This seems somewhat accurate...maybe 1.5%? My DoT's from Kylo consistently do about 1.2k per turn (with Kylo health at ~18k). Maybe defense lowers the damage a little?

Either way, I think it's based off max health of whoever inflicted DoT
    Post edited by 1AmYourFath3r on
  • Options

thanks for clarifying for me, much appreciated! IG-88 seems a viable leader to a non-droid team with his omega leader ability in that case

Yes he is. He actually makes AOE tank builds viable again - even if the AOEs are weak. B2 in particular he makes an insane damage dealing hero. JKA would do well with 88 leader also...and probably Kylo too. Phasma is great with 88 of course. They really do a number vs. the squishier heroes like Rey and Leia - they do NOT like DoTs :)
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options

This seems somewhat accurate...maybe 1.5%? My DoT's from Kylo consistently do about 1.2k per turn (with Kylo health at ~18k). Maybe defense lowers the damage a little?

Im pretty sure the % of dmg dealt by dot is based on targets max hp...at least going off the different #'s seen from dots on bane/vader/fett from daily challenges
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Im pretty sure the % of dmg dealt by dot is based on targets max hp...at least going off the different #'s seen from dots on bane/vader/fett from daily challenges

but it does feel like DoT's are more effective on characters with a low healthpool, but if what you say is true they should be more effective on characters with a high healthpool. percentage stays the same, but damage would go way up.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    I think its based on a % from the Character that caused it, as you can see, DV is doing pretty much damage with them in the Event.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Wow interseting theory...will have to experiment with this...if thats case then 88 lead with rg/100/5's/vader is gonna be nigh unstoppable...