Fix Chewbacca-- Edited Post

Rendragon84
239 posts Member
edited June 2016
We need another character with auto-taunt; who better than Chewbacca.
He is slow and hits like garbage, just like RG, but has great health and protection.
If his potency was increased as well, then his turn meter reduction would be more effective, but we'd have a great rebel tank with different synergies than RG and we could see more diversity across the game.
Community thoughts?

EDIT: Auto-taunt may not be the fix, but the point of the post is that something needs to be done to fix Chewbacca. He's an awesome character that we love, but he is not performing well at all.
Post edited by Rendragon84 on

Replies

• Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    Options
    We need another character with auto-taunt; who better than Chewbacca.
    He is slow and hits like garbage, just like RG, but has great health and protection.
    If his potency was increased as well, then his turn meter reduction would be more effective, but we'd have a great rebel tank with different synergies than RG and we could see more diversity across the game.
    Community thoughts?

Chewie sucks there is a reason people don't use him, unless its all they have.. he is horrible, auto taunt won't fix. Get 5555's, ST Han, RG.. there are many other ways to get better characters ALL farmable, don't fix something that can be replaced.
  • Rendragon84
    239 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @Jedi_Yoda
    I have 5555's at 7* gear 9, ST Han at 7* gear 8, and RG at 7* gear 8.
    This is a discussion on how to make chewie better, not an inventory of who we have/don't have.

Auto taunt may not put him in every team like it did RG, but it will help. I think his damage should be increased as well, but one thing at a time.

Also, "don't fix something that can be replaced", what kind of wasteful thinking is that? You don't fix your car? You just go buy a new one every time you need an oil change or new tires? That was horrible logic.
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options
    Great, so now we get 2 auto taunters for even more fun and even less decision to take and even less skill to need!

Auto-taunt should not exist in the first place.

Fixing chewie?
    Make his Crossbow deal waaay more damage, and switch his TM reduction to his taunt.

Add an offense down on his basic and make it so it can't be dodged. THIS THING BLOWS STUFF UP, YOU CAN'T MISS WITH IT!

But it's not gonna happen, because people use his spammable TM reduction on raids.
  • Options
    Let's make all tanks like RG, diversity is boring.

And all attackers like Rey while we are at it. Because damage variance is unfair.

Then we'll make all support heroes like Phasma and all healers like Bariss.

Great idea OP!
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    So sassy @cosmicturtle333
    Having 2 characters share 1 similar trait is hardly new. Look how many have assist attack.
  • Options
    Royal Guard doesn't heal the way Chewie does. Let's stop this train of thought that each character needs to be a cookie cutter version of another..
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    Options
    @Jedi_Yoda
    Also, "don't fix something that can be replaced", what kind of wasteful thinking is that? You don't fix your car? You just go buy a new one every time you need an oil change or new tires? That was horrible logic.

Dude chill its a GAME.. its not a car.. Its not horrible logic, horrible logic would be.. "hey let's add auto-taunt..even though we HAVE auto-taunt"!

Gee thanks for being the kettle. If you can't take criticism or opinion that do not agree with yours here is an idea DON'T POST!

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Royal Guard doesn't heal the way Chewie does. Let's stop this train of thought that each character needs to be a cookie cutter version of another..

While I agree we don't need another auto taunt. RG has an even better heal than Chewie.
  • Options
    @Jedi_Yoda
    Criticism is good, I enjoy it, i'm not offended at all. I agree that auto-taunt has been done before, I agree that there is probably a better way to fix Chewbacca, i'm just saying that "throw it away instead of fixing it" is horrible logic.

If we lived by that in the game then we wouldn't have RG, ahsoka would still be crap, and the other tweaks wouldn't have ever taken place.
  • Options
    when people that farmed/maxed out chewy are mad that he sucks
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    G11 Chewie is pretty good when paired with RG.
  • Options
    How does Royal Guard have a better heal than Chewie? Chewie can heal himself for up to 8k; Royal Guard can't do that
  • Options
    @xxakortsxx
    aka-speaks without knowing any facts-
    no, I don't have maxed chewie. That is the reason most of these posts happen though, so I get your reason for saying it, lol.
    i'm Just encouraging a new chewie, a better chewie.
    I do have maxed RG like most of us. Just looking to make chewie better.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    How does Royal Guard have a better heal than Chewie? Chewie can heal himself for up to 8k; Royal Guard can't do that

Passive heal off cd whenever an ally is attacked.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    RG has regeneration.
    Chewie is a starter toon, meant to be outclassed.
  • Options
    I don't consider his passive heal to be on par with Chewie's heal. Chewie can soak up a ton of damage and when his taunt's over he can heal himself back to almost full health. This one's not even remotely close..
  • Options
    I don't consider his passive heal to be on par with Chewie's heal. Chewie can soak up a ton of damage and when his taunt's over he can heal himself back to almost full health. This one's not even remotely close..

Omega'd RG's passive heal is 6% every time another character is attacked. That's pretty darn powerful and doesn't take up a turn to use.

That said comparing a smaller passive heal with a larger active heal is apples and oranges.
  • Sungsta
    163 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Chewie is alright for raid tm reduction. There r other toons that probably need a buff more, but since we r making a wishlist, i'd like his taunt to last longer, his heal to clear debuffs, and his leader ability to grants toons turn meter gain instead of defence up - that would make him super...
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    Options
    Chewie is definitely useful. Self heal is invaluable as is the taunt in certain situations, if he dealt more damage with his bowcaster that would be great. I have him and ST Han, working on a couple others and bring them altogether see how they do.
  • Options
    Uses for Chewies in Arena:
    • Old Ben (L), Chewie, RG, Fives, Savage
    • Old Ben (L), Chewie, RG, Fives, Daka
    • Old Ben (L), Chewie, RG, Daka, Savage
    • Old Ben (L), Chewie, RG, Fives, Rey
    Run out the clock!
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    Options
    Sikho wrote: »
    Great, so now we get 2 auto taunters for even more fun and even less decision to take and even less skill to need!

Auto-taunt should not exist in the first place.

Fixing chewie?
    Make his Crossbow deal waaay more damage, and switch his TM reduction to his taunt.

Add an offense down on his basic and make it so it can't be dodged. THIS THING BLOWS STUFF UP, YOU CAN'T MISS WITH IT!

But it's not gonna happen, because people use his spammable TM reduction on raids.

I love the auto taunt. It forces me to use strategy and be very selective on who and when i attack. It makes you think instead of just target and burn. Why would anyone be against this?
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    Chewie is a cooldown pinata for me in GW, an autotaunt would just make him annoying.
  • Options
    When I started this game, finding Chewie was a tank was a vast disappointment. He should be ripping the arms off someone as an attacker.
  • Options
    Auto Taunts are beatable if you go for something other than just out damaging your opponent. Mace, Plo Koon, QGJ and others can remove positive effects. Sure some of these characters aren't useful in every facet of hte game but it will give you some diversity in the characters you use. OH look an RG team better sub my own RG out for a person to dispel the taunt. It seems people just want a win button but don't want to think or work to actually accomplish that win.