Do characters have higher stats if you get them to 7 stars before levelling?

If I made one of my characters 7 stars at level 1, would if have high stats than if I just levelled it from say 3 or 4 stars?

Replies

• Options
    Stars and leveles don't matter when it comes to power. Let's say you have 7* toon that's level one and then make level 80 it would still have the same power of you did it in reverse.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Well he's asking about stats and not power level buy yes it would be higher. If you notice when you gain a star on a hero you'll see an increase in strength, agility and intelligence and each of those increases your health, damage, etc. So yes your stats will buy you won't see a big difference until the higher levels. Like a level one will have a strength 8.4 at 7* or 3.2 at 1* but a level 10 with have 84 or 32 and you'll see the difference in the stats too.
  • Options
    I've heard each star is about ten levels, not sure how accurate that is but sounds about right
  • SpaceDog
    42 posts Member
    Options
    No it doesn't make a difference which order you do it. If you leave gear out of it both ways will have the exact same stats at end game. When you star up a toon, it takes its current level and multiplies it by the stat multiplier rate and you get your results.
  • Options
    Thanks a lot for the help guys, now I can level up my dooku :smiley:
  • Options
    My suggestion is that you find a balance between leveling and staring up. Depends upon how much credit and training droids you have.
    Instead of staring Dooku to 7*, you can star him till 5*, and spend rest on leveling him up. That may make him more usable.
  • Options
    SpaceDog wrote: »
    No it doesn't make a difference which order you do it. If you leave gear out of it both ways will have the exact same stats at end game. When you star up a toon, it takes its current level and multiplies it by the stat multiplier rate and you get your results.

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Your base Strength, Intelligence, and Agility are always equal to your Gain times your Level. Your Gain is based on the star value of your character. This means that if you increase the star value, that will in turn increase your Gain, which will in turn increase your base Strength, etc.

In other words: It doesn't matter whether you level up or increase your stars first, it's all the same!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    I decided to make a visual aid to show you how it changes because I'm bored lol

9mp91ya.jpg
    nCQWtbF.png
    b8hsGih.png
    2nPNKfp.png
  • Options

9mp91ya.jpg
    nCQWtbF.png
    b8hsGih.png
    2nPNKfp.png
    I checked some of the top rank characters for the stats but thanks anyways :smile:
  • Options
    OK ... but as an example, how exactly does Strength increase Health? You increased Strength by +1.0 x L5 = 5.0 to a total of 54 +3 = 57, but Health increased from 1186 to 1276, a difference of 90. we can find the ratios:
    • 3*: 1186/52 = 22.808
    • 4*: 1276/57 = 22.386
    But that doesn't seem to help. How does it work?
  • Meerava
    481 posts Member
    Options

It is not higher no matter which order you do it. When you star up a higher level character they get the stats to make up the difference that you would have gotten if you starred them up at a lower level.

It all becomes the same. swgoh.gg has max stats for each character. Doesn't matter how you level/star them up. That's what they'll be.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    OK ... but as an example, how exactly does Strength increase Health? You increased Strength by +1.0 x L5 = 5.0 to a total of 54 +3 = 57, but Health increased from 1186 to 1276, a difference of 90. we can find the ratios:
    • 3*: 1186/52 = 22.808
    • 4*: 1276/57 = 22.386
    But that doesn't seem to help. How does it work?
    Short answer: I don't know.
    Long answer: When you first unlock a character they're level 1 and gear level 0. So if you look at their starting health, you'll see that it has no clean relation to their Strength. So it looks like if there was a simple answer (Say, 10x Strength, just for the sake of throwing a number out there) it would be 10xStrength+X, where X is an unknown value.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Meerava wrote: »

It is not higher no matter which order you do it. When you star up a higher level character they get the stats to make up the difference that you would have gotten if you starred them up at a lower level.

It all becomes the same. swgoh.gg has max stats for each character. Doesn't matter how you level/star them up. That's what they'll be.
    Meerava wrote: »

I thought he meant if the stats increased more the higher you were leveled which they do. Of course I understand that the maxed out stats are the same.
  • Darthenstein
    1205 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I thought he meant if the stats increased more the higher you were leveled which they do. Of course I understand that the maxed out stats are the same.

The OPs question is "Do characters have higher stats if you get them to 7 stars before levelling?" which is not true.

The order does not matter, the character will get the same stats at the end regardless of starring up first or levelling first.

He can level them up first and star them later without any worry of lost stats.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options

The OPs question is "Do characters have higher stats if you get them to 7 stars before levelling?" which is not ttue

Idk what question you were reading
    If I made one of my characters 7 stars at level 1, would if have high stats than if I just levelled it from say 3 or 4 stars?

But yes I already admitted that I misread it, I just thought he was asking if his stats were higher at 7* compared to 3/4*
  • Options

What is the title of this thread?

9u3d4h.jpg

• MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options

What is the title of this thread?

9u3d4h.jpg

Haha. Bruh you know no one reads titles lol
  • Options
    Those that click threads randomly in a forum may not.
  • M31Andro
    253 posts Member
    Options
    I've learned it makes no difference. As proof, you will see other players toons with the exact same power and it's unlikely they all leveled, geared, and promoted up the same exact way. End of discussion
  • Options
    Stars add a multiplier to base stats. Levels simply add to the base stats. Addition is commutative:

(a*X) + Y + Z = Y + Z + (a*X)
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Options
    While that stats will end up the same no matter which way you proceed; the simple fact is you can't gear up a 7⭐ level 1 character but you can gear up a 1⭐ level 80 character.