Should Boba have clone synergies?

Prev1
Does anyone else think he should? I mean technically he is a clone so I don't see why he doesn't. I was goinv to put a poll but I couldn't figure out how

Replies

• shampoo
    442 posts Member
    Options
    I think the clones are labeled clone troopers though as someone in the past pointed out. So he is a clone but certainly doesn't have any of the clone trooper training. Unless there's some expanded stuff out there
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    Options
    Mordork wrote: »
    Does anyone else think he should? I mean technically he is a clone so I don't see why he doesn't. I was goinv to put a poll but I couldn't figure out how

Boba was an unaltered Clone and not a Clone Trooper so he will never have any synergies
  • aerendhil
    503 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    No. He wasn' trained as one nor fought with them.
    He should have the Empire tag though.
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • Options
    He's the son of a clone and u guys are saying he isn't a clone?
  • SkyCake
    188 posts Member
    Options

I don't think they're saying he isn't a clone, but that there's a difference between being a clone and having synergies with other clones. That's how I interpret what they're saying, at least.
  • scuba
    14086 posts Member
    Options
    shampoo wrote: »
    I think the clones are labeled clone troopers though as someone in the past pointed out. So he is a clone but certainly doesn't have any of the clone trooper training. Unless there's some expanded stuff out there

This. The synergy group is "Clone Trooper" not "Clone"
  • Options

Jango Fett wasn't a clone.

Clone Troopers received their training on Kamino, where they learned combat skills and team tactics. They also fought alongside each other. Bobba Fett was hand trained by Jango, and then more bounty hunters.

So no, he shouldn't have any clone synergy.
  • Options
    aerendhil wrote: »
    No. He wasn' trained as one nor fought with them.
    He should have the Empire tag though.

I disagree with the Empire tag. He only helped them out for money once in the movies. Lando also helped out the Empire once so should he get the Empire tag?
  • Options
    Maybe a silly question, but why don't dark side clones have the clone label? I mean, they are clones, right?
  • Options
    yes, this would be an awesome game changer that would make him much more useful again
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    This thread again? Ugh.

Jengo/Boba were both SOLO bounty hunters. They worked alone.

Clones were trained from a young age to fulfill a role within a military and work with eachother. Thus, they are given the "clone" tag. Not because they are literally clones, but because they are part of the clone army.

If you want to see a CLONE tag Boba, I would say introduce the only time he has ever been seen working with clones: Young Boba with the white clone training gear from SW Rebels.
  • shampoo
    442 posts Member
    Options
    Toukai wrote: »
    This thread again? Ugh.

Clones were trained from a young age to fulfill a role within a military and work with eachother. Thus, they are given the "clone" tag. Not because they are literally clones, but because they are part of the clone army.

If you want to see a CLONE tag Boba, I would say introduce the only time he has ever been seen working with clones: Young Boba with the white clone training gear from SW Rebels.

Was he in rebels? I don't remember this at all lol
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    This thread again? Ugh.

Was he in rebels? I don't remember this at all lol
    @shampoo
    Yes. He was pretending to be a clone in one of the academies for some reason (cant remember)
    young-boba-fett.jpg
  • StarSon
    7477 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

Plo Koon has "clone synergy" and is not a clone trooper nor a clone.
  • Options
    They should just make Jengo and a couple other bounty hunters, and give some bounty hunter (I guess scoundrel on this game?!)more options. Does he even at least have that tag, (scoundrel)? If not, they should start a bounty_hunter group and work on some synergies for sure.
  • StarSon
    7477 posts Member
    Options
    They should just make Jengo and a couple other bounty hunters, and give some bounty hunter (I guess scoundrel on this game?!)more options. Does he even at least have that tag, (scoundrel)? If not, they should start a bounty_hunter group and work on some synergies for sure.

There are 9 scoundrels. Sounds like lots of options to me.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

There are 9 scoundrels. Sounds like lots of options to me.

I actually forgot about Han Solo and the new Scoundrel of the month (Dengar)! Looking up the category, I didn't even know CloneWars Chewy was one (not sure why he is a Scoundrel in Clone Wars but I will have to look up his history.) Still have to wait and see how viable those 2 are but you are correct. I don't think I have ever seen a full scoundrel team yet on my server at least.
  • Jdm1a0
    180 posts Member
    Options
    Please correct my SW lore here bc its not well versed, but if hypothetically (again since idk sw lore) he didnt train with them or whatever along those lines, maybe he could have the opposite of clone synergy in the sense that he could hinder the clones tm gain or something similar because...he IS them?

He is a clone, but not necessarily a part of their synergy, so he could have "know your enemy"

Idk just a fun idea
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options
    He never went through clone training or fought with the clone army, so no in my opinion.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options

@StarSon
    Yea, but Plo was a Clone leader and worked directly with them. You could even say all Clone War's Jedi should have a clone tag. but, for the sake of the game, i can see why they would pick a select few.

Either way... "Clone" doesn't mean they are an actual clone. It means they are used to working with Clone troops in the Clone army using Clone tactics.
  • Mythov
    97 posts Member
    Options
    Technically he was raised on kamino & trained along with the clones

He also pretended to be clone trainee to sabotage a republic ship during clone wars. Pretty sure he was praised as exemplary by mace windu during that ;). So he did have some clone training. I just find it a bit... U know... Weird if he was labeled as such.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options
    Jango trained him and he got help from other bounty hunters that were friends of Jango, not clone training. I saw that episode, had nothing to do with him being a clone or getting clone training.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    Mythov wrote: »
    Technically he was raised on kamino & trained along with the clones

He also pretended to be clone trainee to sabotage a republic ship during clone wars. Pretty sure he was praised as exemplary by mace windu during that ;). So he did have some clone training. I just find it a bit... U know... Weird if he was labeled as such.

@Mythov
    But this just proves my point. YOUNG BOBA would have clone training. Boba Fett, as he is now, would not. Long gone are the days he did anything with clones. This current Boba Fett is literally his solo scoundrel assassination bounty hunter version.
  • Mythov
    97 posts Member
    Options
    Jango trained him and he got help from other bounty hunters that were friends of Jango, not clone training. I saw that episode, had nothing to do with him being a clone or getting clone training.

Was very succesful in pretending to be a clone. And Jango was supervising the clone training so cant quite say the two were unrelated

• StarSon
    7477 posts Member
    Options

@StarSon
    Yea, but Plo was a Clone leader and worked directly with them. You could even say all Clone War's Jedi should have a clone tag. but, for the sake of the game, i can see why they would pick a select few.

Either way... "Clone" doesn't mean they are an actual clone. It means they are used to working with Clone troops in the Clone army using Clone tactics.

I know. And I agree. But you can't claim that there is no link, when there are toons linked simply because they worked with clone troopers in canon. This guy is the son of the guy the clone troopers are based on. A much closer tie-in than having worked with someone.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options

@StarSon

I know. And I agree. But you can't claim that there is no link, when there are toons linked simply because they worked with clone troopers in canon. This guy is the son of the guy the clone troopers are based on. A much closer tie-in than having worked with someone.

@StarSon
    Who, outside of the ONE rebel episode where he was infiltrating a place BY HIMSELF, never directly worked with clones in any actual war capacity. Did he serve on the front lines like Plo or Rex or 5s? No. Did he actively work with and around clone commanders? No.

Yes, Jengo trained the clone troops. You have to remember, though, that clone troops were disposable. Jengo would have trained them to shoot and some generic tactics, but those solo qualities that made him the best bounty hunter in the galaxy he would reserve only for himself and Boba (whom he considered his son).

Young Boba would have the closet ties to working with Clones. Boba Fett in his mandalorian gear wouldnt even be close to the radar on that. Not by a long shot.
  • StarSon
    7477 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

@StarSon

@StarSon
    Who, outside of the ONE rebel episode where he was infiltrating a place BY HIMSELF, never directly worked with clones in any actual war capacity. Did he serve on the front lines like Plo or Rex or 5s? No. Did he actively work with and around clone commanders? No.

Yes, Jengo trained the clone troops. You have to remember, though, that clone troops were disposable. Jengo would have trained them to shoot and some generic tactics, but those solo qualities that made him the best bounty hunter in the galaxy he would reserve only for himself and Boba (whom he considered his son).

Young Boba would have the closet ties to working with Clones. Boba Fett in his mandalorian gear wouldnt even be close to the radar on that. Not by a long shot.

I agree. But he's basically every clone trooper's uncle. Familial ties > working ties.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options
    It's kind of like saying, because my father was a US Marine in Vietnam, I am also a US Marine.
  • StarSon
    7477 posts Member
    Options
    It's kind of like saying, because my father was a US Marine in Vietnam, I am also a US Marine.

No, much more like saying because my father was an Anglo-Saxon, I am also an Anglo-Saxon.
  • shampoo
    442 posts Member
    Options
    Just remember in the game the synergy is actually labeled as "clone trooper"