FOTP viable when?

Salgado9
529 posts Member
At gear 8, is he viable at 6 stars? Maybe 5?? I'm running phasma lead and I want to put some more punch in my team, and FOTP sounds good. Only have him at gear 8, but I'll try to take him to 9 asap. Just wanna knkw if hes any good at 5, or just better to hold him out till 6 or even 7. Any help would be nice thank ya

Replies

• Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    image_zpsp02u9gpf.png

Mine is 7*
    Gear 9 omega special hit.. Do note he has offense up but that crits for 10-11k without it.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    image_zpshtyjgehf.png
    image_zps41pbkoqw.png

Before and after, 2 attacks with one crit. Rank 55 Arena opponent. Again with offense up.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    FOTP isn't designed for every team, he's excellent with Phasma but squishy. As far as raw damage he's pretty up there but he requires some support.. Either to give him offense up for some one shot potential, or a great rank for him to tick away at the enemy.. I do both! Viable at 6 stars in arena unless you're on a super early shard. Basic hits 5.4 k crits at least one of every 2 attacks, even with his nerf he's still really strong If you support him and protect him.
  • Salgado9
    529 posts Member
    Options
    On a late december shard and I was really looking forward to using him but yeah my 4 star wont cut it haha. Thank you sir @Durrun
  • Options
    @Durrun

What's your team comp?
  • Options
    Mine is Max gear 7* omega and he hits on par with my max gear 7* omega Rey. Gun down almost always crits at 18K+ Dbl tap crits upper 5k-9k range, huge variance. I've yet to have gun down hit under 12k since max gear omega.

I ran him on a few comps atop a Nov shard. Obviously he shines with Phasma. Add in QGJ and the dude is Mr 20k. His speed and not massive, but not overly poor HP will always be his hindrance. Got to protect him. I just messed around a bit with just a pure DPS team. No tanky characters, no taunt, no heal. Pro was it destroyed on offense. It also had no real 1st kill as all were top threats. Cons were depending on comp speed, and the obvious lower HP. He is very fun, and certainly viable in the right comps.
  • Azgadil
    226 posts Member
    Options
    I have heard and seen him be successful at full gear and Omega at Level 6. Legit.
  • Enarethpower
    380 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Mine is 5*, gear 8, all omegas, lvl 80. He isn't viable in arena yet . I am almost at 6*, will try him again, but for now: no
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    I run him with Rex L, 5s, Leia, FOTP, and RG
    Odd configuration I know but it holds top 20 with a slip to 35 overnight. @TheRealBobBelcher he's the one hitting like a truck and being overestimated while they scramble to take out leia