Does the Ally system need a rework?

omgwhyEACG
18 posts Member
edited June 2016
Maybe it's just me or my shard but I don't like the way the ally system works currently.

From the start I've had the max amount of allies. Ever since then the same 2-3 allies per setting (LS/DS/Challenge) appear with the same characters they were added with. If I force quit the client 3-5 times and restart it, I can sometimes get one of the other allies to appear. This gets tiresome, of course. I don't think it's fair to the other allies that I can't spread the love and give different allies the bonus alliance currency without so much trouble.

If I run out of the 2-3 options I usually get or decide to use a random from the list, I rarely find one relevant to the content level I'm doing. I'll be trying to do LS 8 or DS 7 and most of the options are 2-3* power level 1250-1800 characters. I find it hard to believe I'm one of a few pushing this content or the CG generated characters can't scale to the content level (assuming that's what they are).

Maybe the system is "okay" for someone new to the game but it becomes an obsolete feature quite rapidly when it could be useful one all the way through with a few tweaks.

Suggestion for ally usage:

Make a button that says "Use Ally" in the section where you can choose allies or randoms instead the few ally options you're given. Pressing the button brings up your complete list of allies window. Selecting an ally brings up his toon inventory where you can choose one to use for the fight. Once the ally is used for the fight, his usage goes on cool down and can't be used until reset. This method can increase wider usage of different allies and help others preview/test new characters which they may want to invest into leading to purchases (hopefully, that got your attention : P ).

Suggestion for random usage:

Set power ranges for each stage of content (floor and ceiling or the very least a floor) and pool from the option from these ranges prioritizing real players assuming CG generated characters are used. If they are used, then scale them to the content obviously.

Just my 2 cents. Let me know if there's something I missed or hadn't considered as this is my perception of the ally system currently.

Does the Ally system need a rework? 36 votes

Yes
97%
SysyKonaEhukaidano7591Zach2357Plague_IncMLGebraT0mmyB23SmokeyJoe320SwordsLFDPhlebotomy_JonesomgwhyEACGharryseldonRFCPhilG1DjbzC00L_StoryWalkrCncSamuraiFluffySithtmntguy86 35 votes
No
2%
cosmicturtle333 1 vote

Replies

• Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    I dont understand how it works...or if it even does...i play with a friend and his ally list is severely i mean severly jacked up...he has max # of allys all lv 75+ and he wont have but 1-3 appear at a time...rest all low lvl randoms...we've reset game removed allys and started again to no avail, i usually have 3-6 in front and 3 in back, everytime on all modes. Allys appear on all modes on his with 1-3 in front none in back everytime. Something aint right.
  • BWSkynobi
    334 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Yes
    Ideally, you would just pick any toon you want from any one of your allies.

Or

The ally list should have 1 toon from all 35 of your allies. And these are drawn from your Ally's most recent arena, raid, GW, challenge, cantina, DS and LS squads.

Ive been trying to complete the DS battles and I get 3 decent ally choices the first fight, and the next level is all randoms with 1/5 the power of my toons.
  • Options
    Yes
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    ...Something aint right.

Exactly.

Would be nice if they gave us a better explanation on how this feature works or is suppose to work. Right now it feels like a malfunctioning elevator that only goes to the 2nd floor or basement randomly and anyone wanting to go somewhere else must take the stairs.
  • Options
    Yes
    I really would love a sort option for something like last login and a current use hero list. I feel like I have a lot of inactive allies but I can't decide if that's the case, we're using a lot of the same toons or they just aren't leveling their main hero.
  • Darthenstein
    1205 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Wouldn't mind being able to pick from two characters from an ally, let's say the current Leader-character in Arena and the current Leader the ally is using in Galactic War.

A Last Log-on date on the allies would be great as well, so you can see how active they are.
  • Sinai
    4 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    The rework that I would like to see implemented is to allow us to set our "ally character" for both LS and DS. Those characters would be usable in their respective LS and Ds battles. For Cantina Battles, it would randomly choose your allies' DS or LS character to display. Finally, each ally is usable only once per day per battle mode (i.e. one LS, one DS, and one Cantina).

Last Log-on date sounds like a great idea as well.
  • Options
    No
    Am I the only person who knows how to use allies properly?
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    Yes

And that would be?
  • Options

Please elaborate on the "proper" way if you may.

• C3POwn
    507 posts Member
    Options
    I have noticed if you click back to re select the node, additional allies appear. The only thing that makes sense to me is you are unable to use your allies while they are being used by another player. If that's not the case then wfk?