Suggestion: Arena Replays

Why don't we have access to replays of the arena battles we defend against throughout the day?

Replies

• WildWest1974
    628 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Montsunami wrote: »
    Why don't we have access to replays of the arena battles we defend against throughout the day?

Because we don't need them. And because they don't store replays for us to view in the first place.
  • GOfish52
    222 posts Member
    Options
    I think this is a great idea, I'd also like a push notification when someone is attacking me. Maybe watch live defenses that'd be cool. @EA_Jesse maybe u could tell the Game team that.
  • Options
    GOfish52 wrote: »
    I think this is a great idea, I'd also like a push notification when someone is attacking me. Maybe watch live defenses that'd be cool. @EA_Jesse maybe u could tell the Game team that.

The battles take place on the client-side, meaning on the other person's phone. There is no realistic way for them to give you access to that, in real time or otherwise.
  • JJWZP5
    440 posts Member
    Options
    It would be so awesome if you could see how your team was getting beaten though
  • Options
    GOfish52 wrote: »

The battles take place on the client-side, meaning on the other person's phone. There is no realistic way for them to give you access to that, in real time or otherwise.

I don't know much about the technical process behind that but even though the attackers client is where the battles take progress isn't that information sent into EA's servers for verification or something?
  • Options
    I know the raw data is sent back, but I cannot fathom what would be needed to translate that into some sort of replay that we could then view.
  • Options
    Dungeon Boss has raid (Arena) replays. I found it to be one of the more entertaining and instructive elements of the game. Its very helpful to see how your defenses perform against various opponents.
    Dungeon Boss is nearly identical to this game so it is entirely possible.
  • Options
    I think this is a great plan

It's not a trap
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    I know the raw data is sent back, but I cannot fathom what would be needed to translate that into some sort of replay that we could then view.

I don't think it would be complicated. You simply save all battle actions to a script. Then each side receives a copy of the script to store in their respective client data files. To replay the battle, the animation system receives the script actions to tell it what to do instead of waiting for player input and rng outcomes.
  • Options
    If you have people in your guild in the top 10 too then just ask them. Ive recorded fighting a particular guild made just so they can see how their team functions on defence