Empire event has just increased the gap between top players and good players

In my opinion Empire event was too difficult for those who had not farmed rebels or clones yet.. and most of good FTP players had farmed Jedis for Yoda event and other most used characters like Dooku, RG, GS, Rey, Daka, phasma.. for their arena team.. the only useful characters that a FTP player could really have had were fives and maybe St. Han and someone can have farmed Ackbar because he is useful for raids and he's a beast in rebels teams.. anyway that was not enough, the event was very difficult for not fully farmed characters and you need a lot of credits to farm characters after the update and it's so hard to find credits in this game ..in this event there was a lot of credits in rewards but a lot of players have not been able to complete the challenge.. so then in my opinion this has just increased the gap between those who had farmed even rebels because they are spenders mostly and those who are good players but cannot farm all the toons at the same time.. I think devs should increase the amount of credits in rewards for level 75+ players or introduce an event for players to make more credits but available for all players..with this event the gap between top players and good players has just increased.. cause they get a lot of credits to farm toons and the most of good players are still thinking that they would need weeks of GW and challenges to star up and level up toons

Replies

• Options
    Take a second to think about the event. The rewards were a few credits and some shards. What do whales need the least? Answer: shards! Therefore this event did nothing to 'widen the gap' since all it did was provide shards (and a few credits which they dont need either).

Now think about the event again. You mentioned the Yoda event. Many people who didnt have jedi trained for the first event started training them because they knew Yoda was coming back and they wanted to be ready. This is the same thing. Many people didnt have strong enough teams to compete in the Empire event, but now they are going and getting rebels and clones and upgrading them so that they can compete next time.

What this event is actually for is to keep giving players goals to hit so that they stay interested in the game longer. They introduced the event, much like the Yoda event, to insensitivize us to farm characters new characters that we previously had overlooked. No gap was created, because the best rewards were the 1m credits (2 days of GW) and some shards for characters that are available elsewhere.

I understand your frustration at not being able to complete it the first time around. I wasnt able either, but if you want to complete it, then just work on a couple rebel and/or clones and be ready the next time. Or if you dont want to, look close at the rewards and notice that they are all things you can do without and not face any hardship.
  • Options
    To be honest I'm rather annoyed by these posts as they conflate me (someone who hasn't spent a dime) with whales. I was able to finish this event after maybe 10 tries with a team of 5*s which I'd leveled up merely because I liked them/for GW/Raids. It was an event with a level of luck, but by no means impossible or even truly difficult.

5*Ackbar, Lando, Fives, Biggs, and Han
  • Options
    I do agree that the event was hard to do... but as the point was already made it rose my intrest in the game, i started trying to max the chars i need for the next time it comes around... sooo... guess it's a win, a second tier would have been appreciated similar to the empire assault but all and all yeah it was a golden opportunity with little misses

As for the point, whales by definition kinda have most chars maxed doing T7 raid every 2 days at least, before update probably much much faster so i bet most whales started skipping it -assault event- 3 days in... I believe this just set some goals for f2p, as i had no rebels lvled at the time and didn't feel like putting effort into rebels for raid only...but with the event on i now need to build the rebels squad down the road, sure maybe i'll make it maybe I won't but the point is i'll try
  • Options
    At first I was frustrated by this event, because the Clones and Rebels were all characters only the top arena teams had. IE: mostly Rex/Echo/Leia were all pay chars. The average person didn't have those characters and pretty much couldn't participate.
    -I have started farming Lando and Ackbar so I can do this event next time, at least for the achievement.

Ewok even was the same way. I felt like they made this one too easy as everyone has farmed droids. There was no benefit for a person who had an empire team. But all the same the event was fun.

Both events so far were good. I just wish I knew what the next one was so I could start farming.

BTW: Farm Lando, he works for Rebel event, but he can also be used for scoundrel event for credits.
  • Options
    There should be credit event weekly, with the mods active right now, one toon needs a lot of credit to upgrade, not to mention the overly prized 1M credit to up to 7*... Affordable players do spend cold cash to buy crystals, but they will never use those bought crystals to buy credits...

Give us more weekly events that tops our credit please.