Here is the community update for this week:
We recently had the first Assault event, which was against the might of the Empire. We’ll be releasing more Assault events in the near future. ALSO, for those of you that were not able to complete the Empire Assault event don’t worry, it will be returning. If there is ever an achievement added moving forward you can bet that it’ll come back at some point.What’s being worked on now?Characters
- Many of you provided feedback on characters you’d like to see worked on in the future. We’ve taken a look at all of this feedback and will be working on Jedi Knight Anakin first. We admit that it’s taking a bit more time to get these updates for characters in place, but that is due to us working on quite a bit of new content heading your way
- New Chromium Character – Zam Wesell: This scoundrel attacker can inflict Evasion Down and utilize Thermal Detonators to decimate her enemies. With her unique shapeshifting ability granting her increased evasion, this Clawdite Assassin was not one to cross!
- Character that is no longer Chromium exclusive – Princess Leia shards will be available from the Arena Store after the EA Play to Give event.
- We’re deep diving more into getting some bugs fixed, including the one that many of you have been reporting for Teebo. Please continue to submit any bugs you find in the Bugs and Issues area of the forums as we have a dedicated QA person looking at that section every day.
– we’ve got a lot coming up! Let’s take a look at the two that are starting next week:
- EA Play to Give – this will require you to form up a squad of composed of female characters. This event requires that you have a minimum of 1 female character to participate. Rewards include shards for a number of female characters and credits. This event will start on June 12th and run until June 14th. Be sure to take part in this event as every completion raises money for charity! For additiona details please visit: http://www.ea.com/play2016/play-to-give
- We're working on even more events that we'll be sharing details on in the coming weeks.
- Galactic War – still one of the most discussed topics in the community, the team has been doing a lot of internal testing to find a way to make Galactic War more enjoyable. The first step is making it not take near as long, and the development team has a solution for this. Starting next week an update will be rolled out that makes some adjustments to Galactic War’s difficulty, which should in turn lower the amount of time it takes for players to complete. We’ll continue to monitor how players are interacting with Galactic War and make additional tuning changes as needed.
- Guild Hopping and Guild Currency Farming – this has been THE topic in the community as of late and the development team has been discussing it daily. We wanted to make sure that we found a solution that discourages these two things, but at the same time doesn’t penalize those who are not taking part in those actions. So, here are the steps we are going to start with (and we’ll make more adjustments as necessary):
- There will now be a cooldown timer on players who leave a Guild (regardless of how they leave) that will not allow them to collect the most valuable rewards from any Raid for a period of time after leaving the Guild. We are still testing what the exact time will be for this.
- There will now be a cap on the amount of Guild Bank Currency that can be earned per day. A Guild with 50 members will now receive a maximum of 30,000 Guild Bank Currency. Any additional Guild Bank Currency accrued that players log in to collect will simply not be counted.
- Raid rosters will now refresh every 24 hours from when the Raid was launched (as opposed to refreshing on the Guild creator’s time zone)
- All of the above for the Hot Topics are still being tested thoroughly and are subject to change before going live.
Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter -